October 25, 2014 | 1710 users online

Loose Powders - Physicians Formula - Organic Wear Translucent Matte Finishing Veil Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by FlawlessLeopard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product! I have been using it for years since it is the only organic powder that does not clog my pores and gives me a smooth finish. The price point is great considering it lasts for a year! The brush it comes with is not the best so I use my own. I wear sand beige

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Girlybunny13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this powder :) I got it for 3.99$

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this totally on a whim while at Big Lots. Normally, I use Everyday Minerals, but I have been putting off ordering more. I bought a liquid foundation (E.L.F.) and because it contains sunscreen and the fact that I have very oily skin, means that I need a powder to go over it. So I bought this. The packaging is bad. With EM, you tap some powder into the lid and use a brush to swirl it. What are you supposed to tap the powder into with this? The mirror is also too tiny to use. I will likely transfer this to an old EM container. The powder itself seems to be pretty good. It is "translucent" but will likely work best with fair skin tones as it seems quite light to me. It gives my face a very matte look which lasts for hours (very surprising!) and blurs imperfections. I wouldn't buy this again because I plan to go back to using EM, but it is a decent product for now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by monicaandree

I like this powder and think that it is a suitable dupe for Mineral Veil by Bare Minerals. The brush is a bit too rough for my liking, however, and I don't find that the powder comes through sufficiently when using it as it is intended. I just open it up and apply with a fluffy powder brush. The finish is sheer and matte. I think that this may have been recently discontinued because I found it at a discount store for less than $4, so if you are a fan, stock up!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by mistywarden

This is my least favorite of all Physicians Formula products ever. I wanted to use this as a finishing powder to set my cream foundation (PanStik) and it did not work out. The brush was very coarse and tended to streak my foundation because it was just rubbing dry on my skin rather than buffing.

I had the same problem with packaging as besobeso: the powder did not come out through the brush as designed and I was never able to get this powder applied in a way that was functional (as in not all over my bathroom and shirt)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by 777designz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not really sure what to make of this powder. I got it in a kit with the organic loose powder and blush. I figured since it says it's a finishing veil I would use it after I apply my foundation. I tried that and it has a pearly finish to it so it looked kind of odd having it all over my face. Although it wasn't overly sparkly it almost made my face shiny due to it's sort of glowy finish. Maybe it would be nice on the top of your cheekbones as a very subtle highlighter? It has zero coverage and seemed to do nothing to help my face look better. I thought maybe I'm using it wrong; it came with the other powder so maybe it's the finishing step after the loose powder? So I tried setting my foundation with the loose powder and topping that with the finishing veil. I have to admit that made the loose powder look less fake and noticeable (probably because when the 2 blended it made the powder less opaque, matte, and yellow toned). But again it didn't help fine lines, pores etc become less noticeable like they claimed. Wearing this over powder definitely makes the pearly qualities seem unnoticeable. But I'm still left wondering since it doesn't seem to do anything what the real point is? If I'm using this wrong please tell me.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by TuttaPanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this powder since I am a fan of organc, paraben-free, etc. makeup. But maybe it's the shade or maybe my skin is just too dry for it, because it makes me look like i have dry skin when I put it on. A very thin brushing cuts down on shine, but it's just not a product I can get much use out of. So I'm still on the search for a good, mineral powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by ruth1999

I love this powder - I use it to set my foundation, so I'm not expecting any coverage from the powder, and it works perfectly for me. I'm acne prone, and this doesn't make me break out. It controls shine as well as anything can for me - I'm pretty oily so no matter what I use I need blotting papers by afternoon - and I haven't noticed the smell. I do agree the packaging and brush are horrendous, as soon as I buy this I dump the entire thing into an old powder box and I apply with my own big natural bristle powder brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by hairfitness

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've said this about some of their other products but I'll repeat incase someone doesn't read all the reviews for this line. I did not like this at first. And it ended up in my basket of cosmetic rejects until recently. I was diagnosed with rosacea and ocular rosacea. And my MMU's were just not cutting it. So I switched back to this line and I'm happy I did. No complaints and I believe this line to be better than any of the MMU's I've tried. I use the tinted moisturizer and then this to finish. I use this one at home and the pressed in my purse for touch ups. I put this into an empty MMU pot and apply with a soft retractable sable brush I have. It's soft and really sets the TM. I'm going to try the foundation next. But if I don't like it, I'll have the TM and this powder. Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2009 2:09:00 AM More reviews by soniawonia

This is my HG powder. Ive repurchased several times and will continue to do so. It does exactly what I wanted pressed powders to do for years. Set makeup. It doesn't leave a heavy mask like pressed powders do. I love this powder so very much. Lasts all day, doesn't cake at all, light finish, matte but not dry looking, and doesn't break me out. My skin can breathe with this on cause It's so light. The packaging can come in handy. I just screw off the brush, add powder to hand, then use the brush like a kabuki. It looks sooo natural. This with their Organic wear bronzer and I'm a happy camper. I highly recommend this. Just use it the way I mentioned or with your own brush, not the way it was designed it wont work.