December 22, 2014 | 1014 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - Complete All Day Moisturizer w/ Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 - Normal

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by cocobunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For years I've used Eucerin Q-10 Moisturizer, but recently I forgot to pack it when I was away one weekend so I picked up Olay Complete on a whim, only expecting to use it for the weekend and afterwards return to Eucerin. Well, after the weekend was over, my face felt the softest and smoothest it had in years, but I didn't think a moisturizer could have made that much of a difference in just 2-3 days. Maybe I was imagining it. So I went back to my regularly scheduled programming, only to discover that my face didn't feel nearly as nice the rest of the week. You guessed it. Back to Olay Complete I went, wondering if I believed in magic moisturizers.

After three months of using this day and night, I must say that I do. This moisturizer transformed my face into the softest and smoothest I've felt it in fifteen years, before acne wreaked havoc unto it as a preteen. Although the worst of it cleared by college, I couldn't for the life of me get rid of these little bumps that I had accepted as part of my being. All of that is gone now. Oh, and this moisturizer has somehow managed to clear the vast majority of my red marks left over from past acne, and even keeps my adult acne at bay. At first I thought my vision was getting worse when I couldn't see those pesky red marks anymore, and had to really hold a mirror right next to my face to realize that it wasn't just my age catching up with me - they were really just gone. I probably sound a little cynical, but any long-time acne sufferer knows what it's like to buy anti-acne products for years on end, only for very few of them to work. And then of course I pick up a random moisturizer that doesn't even purport to have anti-acne claims or red mark fading properties, and now I'm literally left wondering, where have you been all my life?

That all aside, as a moisturizer period, this is quite moisturizing and a little goes a long way - a great option for dry skin or cold winter months in general. It eliminated some dry patches I had around my nose when I had the flu this winter and my nose was all dry and scaly from blowing my nose. However, for those like myself who have oily skin and opt for lighter moisturizers, this is a little on the heavy side because it is so moisturizing. It does make my face more oily throughout the day, so I blot more often than I am used to. Come summer, I may need to use Eucerin in the morning and this at night so I am not a total greaseball during the day. I didn't take a lippie off for that though, because a little more shine control maintenance is a small price I'm willing to pay if it means I can have the clearest skin I've had in fifteen years.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by SiiLLYxMEE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is great. The total package: doesn't break me out, leaves me moisturized, contains SPF, has a small nice scent, does its job. i use this in the morning, before I apply my makeup. A small bottle lasts me for a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by SeashellsInSummer

I've used this moisturizer for years now, and I love the texture and hydration I get from it. It has improved my skin in terms of skin tone. The spf is adequate if you apply the needed amount and reapply after a few hours. For my neck, chest and hands I use a waterproof stable sunscreen from vichy and that's the extent of my skin care besides oil cleansing at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by marysuejenkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this moisturizer. I'm using the Normal/Dry version. Normally I find a lot of moisturizers too heavy and oily. This one soaks right into my skin and doesn't break me out. Since I've started using it I haven't had to have the battle of dry skin vs. pimples anymore.

It doesn't feel slick or oily. My skin feels smooth and hydrated. It also smells wonderful. Almost like Dove soap. It works wonderfully under make-up. My boyfriend loves it as well, we share and it works well for both of us.

I'll definitely continue to use this as my main moisturizer. I'll be buying more when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by ceebee90

I'm a big fan.

This is a great, all-purpose, basic moisturizer with sunscreen. Although they make one specifically for sensitive skin, this one for "normal" skin shouldn't irritate or break you out. I have had no problems, and my skin is prone to little pimples.

Like many Olay products, this contains niacinamide (vitamin B3) a proven good-for-skin ingredient. Also glycerin, and vitamin E, all good. It's quite well formulated, non-irritating, soothing, etc. But my FAVORITE part is the texture. I love to mix this with foundation or concealer to create a tinted moisturizer. I can play with the coverage to get just what I need, and it always looks great! Much more natural than a full face of makeup, plus I can use those foundations and concealers that are actually too dark a shade, as the moisturizer thins out the pigment. Of course, you can do this with almost any moisturizer, but this one is particularly well suited for it because it doesn't dry quickly and is easy to blend with the fingers, and because it's white, you can really see what shade you're blending.

The one for "sensitive" skin is better in one regard- it has SPF 30 while this one is only 15.

I took away one lippy because this does have a bit of a greasy, heavy texture. Perfect for dry skin, but it can feel a little too greasy, especially in summer. I can overlook this because it doesn't break me out at all and I think it's really good for skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2014 10:17:00 AM More reviews by BeccaBxo

this was my holy grail moisturizer for years, but it suddenly started breaking me out last week. its a shame, because it did wonders for my dry skin. its a great product and i could physically notice and feel it in my skin when i didnt use it, which is reassuring that it works. the fact that it began breaking me out is random, but i blame my skin, since it probably changed, not the product. bc the product its self is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 3:38:00 AM More reviews by KatieHawk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I developed cystic acne my senior year of high school (age 18). I used products that were specifically formulated to fight acne (salicylic acid, BP, etc). I even went on acne medication (antibiotics) to help cure my acne. While on the antibiotics (age 19-22) my face looked beautiful. I had lots of confidence and felt wonderful, but I didn't want to be on them long term so I tried to wean. As soon as I quit my cystic acne came back. The dermatologist wanted to put me back on antibiotics, but I refused. So from age 22-28 my acne raged and I even developed some nodular acne. I would use only acne specific products for face wash, stridex acne pads, BP, lotion with salicylic acid and makeup that had salicylic acid in it but my acne continued. Then I met this lovely lotion. For the last ten years of my life I have had debilitating acne. There were days I didn't want to leave the house and even days I felt like I needed to take tylenol or NSAIDs for the pain of the nodules on my face. It was a huge confidence blow for me. For the last two months my acne has improved 100%. I don't know what it is about this lotion and my new regimen, but hallelujah!
My regimen:
Morning- Cetaphil daily skin cleanser followed by olay complete with spf 15 for normal skin and then my clinique pressed powder and marykay blush. (No more concealer!)
Evening-Equate makeup remover towelettes, cetaphil wash, and either this lotion or the olay complete nighttime lotion. I would also like to add that I apply a thin layer of clean and clear BP lotion under my nighttime lotion every other night.
My face looks amazing and I wish I would have known about this lotion all along. I hope this review helps other acne sufferers.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by kendall1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Glad I picked this up!! Lately, my skin has been so dry/flaky around my mouth.. I have no idea why & nothing was working. I bought 3 products from Olay on Ulta's website, but it won't be here for another 8 days at least so I needed something now. I decided to grab this, & the minute I put it on.. my dry skin around my mouth was smooth & moisturized. Literally, I tried everything (tarte maracuja oil, l'oreal's moisturizer, exfoliating) this worked instantly. I am so excited for the rest of the products to get here!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Kathy11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite under makeup, daily moisturizer. I saw the SPF 30 one in Ulta and bought it but a few days later put it in the trash. It made me super greasy looking and caused my makeup to ball up.
This one is perfect. It makes my skin so soft and is the perfect base for makeup. I know the SPF isn't the best so if i'm going to be outdoors for a while, i'll use a high PPD sunscreen but for every day, going to the office, you can't beat Olay Complete for the quality and the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by LilyMakeupEvan

This product is seriously great for summer, has sunscreen, isn't a tad bit oily and gives enough moisture for smooth skin. Its non-comedogenic, 100% oil free and para free and has a bunch of vitamins and minerals. I love this in the summer when I don't want to rock the oil face, this stuff matrices skin and is the perfect stuff to slather on every few hours if you need sunscreen protection. However, I'd like to warn people with dry skin (I have dry skin during winter months) you will hate this, as it doesn't provide ├╝ber super moisture. This is only holy grail for normal to combination oily to oily. If you have dry skin that needs moisture then this isn't for you! Also, the scent is downright horrible(because its unscented!) and smells like those acne creams with no scent. But once you get over the scent, this is amazing! Would repurchase!