September 21, 2014 | 1033 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - The Body Shop - Luxury Facial Flannel

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by luckyluke8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I find these types of wash clothes very practical and really like them. I have one from Kanebo Sensai http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp?ItemID=68475 too, but they are all pretty much the same and very durable. I think the one from Body Shop is the most affordable. It is easy to use in combination with a facial cleanser of some kind and will help remove eye make-up easily and give the face a delicate scrub.
I don't like the fuss with cotton wool, and I really like to clean my face with lukewarm water without making everything around me wet. The best alternative for me is a normal wash cloth, but this dries really quickly, thus avoiding bacteria from building up and making it smelly. I really like how easy it is to just clean these under the tap after use, occasionally with soap to get stains out. It is also possible to wash in the machine. I love the feel of covering my face with it and removing all my make-up quickly and easily. I did get a tear in the one from Kanebo, as it becomes porous and inelastic when dry and might tear if it tugs on something. I reuse again and again. Highly recommended, it makes cleansing so much less of a chore!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by OPLALS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm on the fence about this.

Pros:

It's very soft, good for sensitive skin
Wet, it removes all your cleanser and makeup
Wet, it removes eye makeup too if you apply oil first, so that means cutting down on cotton rounds (that's the reason I got it originally)
Leaves face damp - you don't have to towel dry
Good size
Dries quickly, though less so with time
Stains come out in washing machine

Cons:

With time, you have to wash in washing machine after every 1 or 2 uses. Cleanser just doesn't rinse out anymore. So you need several of these. This is the worst thing about it to me.

If you're not washing it in the washing machine, it stains, so not so pretty (it's white)
Got a little tear in it
Feels a bit weird on the skin, like it's just caressing your face (but it is actually working)
Has to be left longer than I'd like under running water to soften up. With time this gets worse.
Doesn't exfoliate (this could be a pro or con depending on what you want)
You kind of have to have a place for it in your bathroom, like a bit of towel rack. It is easy to accidentally dislodge it from a hook once it's dried hard.

It's made of 100% PVA.
I've noticed that Sephora and Kiko make similar products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

This flannel is made from a neoprene/latex sort of material, it's stretchy, resilient, and feels like silk. When it's dry it's rock hard and very stiff. It dries incredibly fast and is anti-bacterial. I use it by warming it almond oil all over my face, running the flannel under the tap and softly wiping the flannel all over my face. My entire makeup - which includes long-wearing foundation and concealer, waterproof eye makeup, MUFE aqua brow etc comes off so easily! I love this flannel so much I ran out and bought 2 more, in the UK they're so affordable - £4.50 each! Unfortunately because it's white it does get stained, but this doesn't bother since it's just me who uses it. Once a week though I give it a good wash with Fairy liquid or Daiso detergent. I leave it to air-dry until the next use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

This material is definitely not flannel. Imagine if you will, those latex makeup wedges, the same material, but in a thin flat sheet, the size of a washcloth.
Initially, I bought 2, and was not impressed by it, it is definitely feels smooth, it even feels more smooth than running a cotton ball over the face. But after one washing cycle in the washing machine, I just love the texture of it. You can just wet it and wipe off most of the face make up (fdn & blush & powder) without any cleansing product and it does not drag, tug nor pull the skin.
TBS had a sale around Christmas, I bought 4 & got 4 for free.
Not to be confused with the Aveda cloth, that one was the pits.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by jessido

I purchase this product because I was using a small facial towel which I thought was too harsh for my skin, however, my skin was getting a somewhat daily exfoliation with the old towel. this luxury towel is nice because I feel like no matter how hard I rub my face to remove my makeup the towel prevents me from damaging my skin because it's very smooth. sometimes makeup will remain on the towel even when you try rinsing it after use, so today I'd try washing it with a little bit of gentle bleach from Clorox with my other whites and all the makeup came off and nothing happened to the towel. I even accidentally threw it in the dryer and when it came out I got it wet and waited til it air dried and nothing happened to it, it's back to its original shape.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by stls

One of the best beauty purchases I have EVER made.
This flannel feels silky soft and luxurious, has made the makeup removing process so delightful!
I massage my face with the lotion and take it of with this wet flannel. It is smooth beyond words, no more cotton pads all over and so quick!
It also perfect for removing face masks, makes the process a breeze and it's very durable. Oh, and the price was only 4 euros.
The only negative is the fact that, as others mentioned, it stains but it's truly a minor flaw in this case.
Time to get buckups for a lifetime!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* Product – The Body Shop Luxury Facial Flannel (Washcloth)
* Review – I like The Body Shop for their nice selection of quality, affordable beauty tools. When I first saw this Luxury Facial Flannel, I was intrigued. In British English, a “flannel” is another name for “towel” or “washcloth”. But this is not made of soft cotton or fabric; it’s made of this unusual lightweight neoprene-like material. The tag on the packaging says, “A softer way to cleanse. Super soft when wet, for super cleansing.” When I saw this in the store, it reminded me of a more expensive, high end facial washcloth that I had read raves about in beauty magazines but at a fraction of the price! So, going on that hunch, I took a chance and guess what? This is it, a magic little washcloth! At first glance, it’s not something I would have ever guessed would work well on the skin. Because when it’s dry, it’s totally hard and stiff. Crisp like papier-mâché (paper mâché)! But that's the beauty of this gem because it's antibacterial. Unlike regular cotton washcloths, there’s no risk of bacteria or germs since it dries quickly and completely. But as soon the washcloth is placed under warm water, it immediately becomes super soft and sponge-y. In fact, it feels silky and stretchy - like a chamois cloth. This washcloth has totally made me reevaluate how I remove my makeup. Before, I would go through loads and loads of those cotton disks soaked with makeup remover. So much waste! Not anymore. Now, all I have to do is moisten this washcloth under warm water for a few seconds, pour a little bit of baby oil in the palm of my hands, massage the oil all over my face and then take this washcloth and gently wipe off the makeup. Or if I'm lazy and I don't want to remove makeup beforehand, I just use this with my favorite facial cleanser. That’s it. No more dirty cotton disks. As for tenacious facial yogurt masks or clay masks, this also works like a charm. Before, I used to have to rub the skin to get masks off. Not anymore. This washcloth removes the masks instantly. No more rubbing or tugging of the skin. What I like about this is that it also gently exfoliates without irritating like regular washcloths. And since it acts like a sponge, it swipes off makeup and mask residue right off the skin without any fuss whatsoever.
* Cons – It does get a little stained from the makeup over time, even though I’m careful to wash and rinse it out well with warm water each and every time I use it. But it's for my own personal use and not for a house guest so the fact that it’s not “pearly white” anymore doesn’t bother me. I just wash it once a week either by hand with gentle baby shampoo or throw it in the washing machine with the delicate fabrics in the gentle cycle.
* Price – Very affordable at only 5 €!
* Attention High-End Luxury Beauty Brand Addicts – This is a dupe to the famous Kanebo Sensai Sponge Chief that’s coveted by beauty editors and makeup artists worldwide. The Kanebo Sensai Sponge Chief retails here in France and Benelux for around 12 €. In London, the Kanebo brand is exclusive to Harrods and it retails for £10. At luxury department store Neiman Marcus in the US, this sells for $15. For those who are curious, Kanebo is a high-end Japanese luxury beauty brand; their Sensai Sponge Chief is something of a “must-have” for high-end skin care beauty fashionistas ;)
* Verdict – I’m very pleased by this affordable and surprising discovery. I think the last time I was this happy about a beauty tool was when I discovered the wonderful Salux towel. Needless to say, I’ll definitely be picking up a back-up (or two) of this magic washcloth. Recommended!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by princess2010

I had to write a review for this product because I'm in LOVE with it! Every night and morning I wash my face with a wash cloth. It never dries and sits by the sink wet. Even though I wring it out and wash it, it just feels like it's growing bacteria or something. I found this cloth at The Body Shop and had to try it. I'm glad I did because I could not be more pleased! It's very soft and takes off all your makeup without a lot of scrubbing and then it dries within a few hours completely. I did not find it overly exfoliating as some have. It dries stiff as a board and then when you re-wet it gets soft again. As others have said it does stain, but if you put some hand soap on it and swish it around most of the stains will come out. I highly recommend this and plan on using them as long as The Body Shop makes them. I paid $6 I believe and it's worth every penny to get rid of those wet washcloths.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by albs

I personally don't really find this at all exfoliating but everybody is different! My favourite use for this is to remove eye makeup. I use it in conjunction with my 9-5 makeup remover from LUSH and it takes everything off. Everything. It's almost like a magnet, it just sucks it right off your face. It even gets mascara and eyeliner from in between my lower lashes where other methods (sponges, makeup removing cloths, etc.) leave it behind. It does stain but that doesn't particularly bother me, makeup has a nasty habit of staining most anything as it is. I usually use my facial sponge from The Body Shop for my face to wash off my cleanser and all of the products that come with it but nothing is more effective or gentler for my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2010 5:31:00 AM More reviews by avghuman

I have acne prone skin and I thought I'd let go of all the medical hoo-ha and "potions" to clear my skin and go the old school and natural route- hence buying this washcloth. And it's working.

I don't owe clearer skin solely to this washcloth but my face definitely feels cleaner using this and it takes all the makeup off that I usually would miss.

Be sure not to be too rough with this, as it could get too "exfoliating".

It's $7 at the body shop, which is an "eh" price. It's a washcloth, it's shouldn't be more than a dollar, but I suppose the drying to prevent bacterial growth works.

Try it out.