Everyday Minerals Autumn Afternoon

Price: $

Not tested on animals

on 7/21/2010 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This is another color that looked horrid on me but I would still recommend to others because I think the staying power was very good and it did not tend to get messy and float to my cheeks or under my eyes. For some reason, this color made my eye area look very pink or red. Sounds weird huh? I received it as a sample and based on the name and the color I so desperately wanted to love this shade, but I could not. Perhaps the taupe just wasn't complimentary to me? I don't know.

on 12/22/2009 10:57:00 AM

Autumn Afternoon is a great day color. I really like to wear it on my lid with a darker color (like Starry Eyed or In the Garden) in the crease, or I like to wear Oasis on my lid and Autumn Afternoon in my crease. It's a very smudgy, sexy color.

on 6/17/2009 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Awesome color. It actually goes with the name for me.
However, like its fellow everyday minerals eyeshadows, I see that most everyday minerals eyeshadows aren't that great. I can't explain it. When I put it on, even with a primer, I can rub them in and it leaves a weird chalky film of the base color but the shimmer and rest of the eyeshadow doesn't stick to it. If you've used a cheap eyeshadow before, you'd probably understand. So, when I try and blend this in my eyelid, the shimmer comes off and it leaves its matte base color. I guess you could make it work by just piling it on instead of trying to blend them out. It sucks that you can't blend them too much and have to keep adding because the rest of the eyeshadow's come off. I'm not too fond of everyday minerals eyeshadows.
This is a fabulous color though, so I'll settle. I've settle with quite a few of their eyeshadows.

on 5/19/2009 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I like to wear this as an all-over lid color for daytime. Very pretty slightly-shimmery taupe--it goes well with brown or black liner. This would also work well at night with a darker color in the crease, like Comfy or In the Garden.

on 5/3/2009 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a medium brown eyeshadow with some peachy sparkle. Its very subtle but great as a daytime look and I even use it as contouring which works well for a non-dramatic look. Its beautiful and natural.

on 2/20/2009 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the strangest and most unique color I own. When I first put it on, it has like a taupe-y bronze-y look, but when I "rub" (by rub, i mean using a brush, not with my fingers) it in more or put more on it (which involves "rubbing" it more anyways), it becomes a semi-matte light purple/brown/pewter (hard to describe!) with a bronze-y shimmer on the edges of where I didn't rub as much. It was kinda weird, having just the edges be shimmery and the middle being a light semi-matte. I don't think I'm going to use it often, but it was super cheap.

on 1/8/2009 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Wow!!
Beautiful taupe/gold color. As a previous reviewer said very very close to MAC Patina; which will save me money in the future. Foiled it looks more like a lovely 'goldish glow' on me; over Nyx 'cottage cheese' base it's like Patina, and over MAC Base it's a lovely taupe. Versatile and a definite repurchase.

on 11/15/2008 12:48:00 AM

This is a goegeous taupe/shimmery shadow for day and night wear. When I get lazy in the morning, I just slap a layer on with eyeliner and go to school. I don't know if it's the shimmer or just the gorgeous shade, but everytime I wear it, I receive compliments. When I first receive this product, I showed it to my guy friend and he admitted " it's actually not bad at all," which is pretty damn good to hear a guy complimenting on my MAKEUP!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Attention taupe fans, this is one to try!! I'd agree with the reviewer who said this is a deeper version of Baby Bath but it's not quite as brown as Wildflowers. It's a beautiful shade and is quite versatile. Lovely as a crease colour and gorgeous on the lid. I'm really quite thrilled with this. Looks gorgeous paired with Spin Cycle and I'm sure it will work with many other shades. A definite keeper!

on 9/30/2008 10:17:00 PM

This eyeshadow looked a bit too orange on me, yet it looks like a nice taupey brown in the container. I will not repurchase because it is not flattering on me and I think Hot Chocolate is a much nicer every day colour.

Top Rated Everyday Minerals Products