December 22, 2014 | 1685 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lancome - Renergie Double Performance Treatment Anti-Wrinkle Firming Cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 4:26:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

This peach cream, packaged in a jar, is moisturizing, but as is the case with other Lancome face creams, it's heavily perfumed. My skin is sensitive, so I didn't use the sample on my face. If Lancome would repackage this cream without the fragrance and in an air-proof container, it would be a good choice for those of us with drier skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2010 6:27:00 AM More reviews by happywoman28

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used to fall for the pretty bottle of this, the high price and that fragrance which I happen to enjoy. I felt like I was really putting something high end on my skin. I am older and wiser now. I am here now with this heavy goop sitting on my skin like axle grease. Imagine feeling a heavy, occlusive thick grease the texture of Crisco cooking grease on your face. That fragrance is pretty nice to my nose though. I use the Clairsonic so my skin is super exfoliated when I put this on from the generous sample jar I have of it. I like a cream to feel a bit more watery and light and soak in and feel pleasant and hydrating upon application. This is so unpleasant to feel on my face. It is also burning a bit. I have dry skin at my advanced age and want something soothing softening and very moisturizing. This just feels uncomforably heavy. I will stick to my all time best: jojoba oil with Olay night cream over it. My skin is like a baby's every morning after that. Frankly this is all marketing and gimmick. This product is heavy and does nothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by andrada2003

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This Lancome creme is just awesome for my oily, mature skin.For the first time I feel my skin firmer and soft, but not oily at all! I even apply it in the morning, one thing I never dare with some other treatments I used, and it's just wonderful.My skin looks and feels softer, brighter and hydrated. I am a big smoker and my skin used to look awful, but Renergie made really wonders for me.I even use it around my eyes and it works just great!
Too bad it is so pricey. Even so, hope to buy it again, as a bargain, as I did.Worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2010 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Kabuk1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I initially gave this a good review, but after further use & upon reviewing the ingredient list- I cannot in good conscience recommend it. It has multiple ingredients that are highly acnegenic, such as myristyl myristate. I can't believe such a high-end company would formulate their skin creams with this terrible ingredient. It is basically a recipe for a breakout! One use won't hurt your skin, but repeated usage will bring on acne. This cream does seem to calm my skin down quite well, so I've been spot treating some old zit scars(from my claritin-D induced breakout, ugh) with it, and get this- one of the spots that's been healing for several weeks FLARED BACK UP into a pimple again! Ridiculous. Renergie is not good. I'll use my jar up under my eyes I guess.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2008 11:26:00 AM More reviews by TrizyDLuX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Functionally, this is a very good heavy-duty moisturizer. Although I believe it's intended for use as a night cream, I use it in the mornings well before I apply makeup. My skin is super dry and I live in a cold climate, so I need something that is really moisturizing (this might be too rich for younger or oilier skins). As a moisturizer, this really works for me.

The MAJOR issue I have with this product is the scent. It has an incredibly strong floral fragrance. I have no idea why companies insist on adding tons of perfume to face products. I like to pick the scents I wear very carefully to produce an effect or reinforce my mood (and I'm not a big fan of florals in any case), so incidental scents in other products just get in my way. I think this is an especially egregious issue when strong scents are added to products that people are going to apply TO and AROUND their noses.

So... if you like overwhelmingly strong mixed floral scents of indeterminate composition, and you have dry aging skin, this might be good for you. For me, the scent is so strong and so incongruent with my taste in fragrance that I will not repurchase. HTH

UPDATE: I used this up completely, and moved on to some other creams, and hmm... maybe I will repurchase the Lancome Renergie after all.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2008 7:28:00 AM More reviews by vit_c

This product didnt smell to confortable to me - i bot this many years ago & it broke me out. I was around 28 when i bot this for my frown lies - but it broke me out instead. then i just used it on my neck - i broke out on my neck instead - really painful as well.

BUt i think the texture has improved since. less waxy - but no way will i try to forkout so much for such a break me out cream again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2008 8:34:00 AM More reviews by mmhilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I do not like to write positive and glowing reviews for skincare creams that cost a fortune for 2 reasons. 1). I am a biochemistry major and I challenge anyone to prove to me that these creams are supposed to get through to your dermis layer without the aid of a electric sander, or a powerdrill. 2). I have always found you can find a cheaper alternative on the market. But, there are some products that seem to improve the texture of you skin snd smell so heavenly that they are irresistable. This is one of those products. I am speaking of the night cream, not the day cream. After cleasing my face and applying this dreamy cream to my face I went to bed. I woke up the next morning and could still feel residuals of the product and my skin felt very soft. I will not buy this product again simply because I use a clarins moisturizer that performs the same. But if it were in another GWP, I would go for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2008 1:56:00 PM More reviews by redandfuzzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This stuff is pure gold. I am only 22, so I barely have any lines, however I find that this improves the texture of my skin amazingly. I have dry, sensitive skin and by using this cream nightly for about a month I saw an amazing difference, as well as a reduction in acne. It's pricey, but worth the money! Every time I get an email from Lancome.com about a Renergie GWP, I buy up!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2008 12:51:00 PM More reviews by BeKind20thers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received a generous sample of the renergie cream for day and night and have been using them on my neck for about two weeks now. I have to say, both hydrate very well! My neck is firmer and super smooth. Of course it's not going to eliminate my deep wrinkles in my neck but both work well as a hydrating, firming cream together!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2008 10:12:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very moist and comforting night cream. I love the way it hydrates, but it is very greasy at first, then evaporates to a silky finish. As I cannot comment on any lifting properties since I'm in my 20s, I did notice firmer skin, and the scent is nice. I had a sample in a GWP, but because of the price, I will not be repurchasing a full size, I will just try to find in the Loreal line.