April 23, 2014 | 1933 users online

Lipstick - Kanebo - Coffret D'or Combient Rouge

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 7:29:00 AM More reviews by lazeny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This is one of my favorite lip colors. I have this in 07 Aqua Red, which the SA suggested to me. I would never have chosen this color (because I stick to corals and browns, and sometimes berry) but I am pleasantly surprised that the colors looks so good on me.

It's a dual lip color/gloss w/c I think is very clever. You can actually create 3 different looks using this. When you apply the lip gloss over the lipstick, the colors last much longer as I expected, and it made my lips look juicy and plump.

I have no problems w/ the stickiness of the lip gloss as I have really short hair, and I prefer sticky glosses because they last much longer.

I am definitely going to purchase more of this.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2008 7:46:00 AM More reviews by dust_bunny

This product includes a gloss and a lipstick in one. I purchased 06 Peach Blossom which is a pigmented medium peach pink color. The color suits me quite well (and I believe that all of the Combient Rouge colors are pretty safe to wear in general). The staying power is decent on both gloss and lipstick, but I dislike the gloss' stickiness and the lipstick is not very hydrating at all. As this was rather expensive, I will not repurchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2008 4:01:00 PM More reviews by sarahm1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like most Kanebo cosmetics or skin care products: much hype but nothing to back it up with. The texture is average, nice packaging, but overall not worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2008 8:43:00 AM More reviews by fleckenschnitte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

***Click continued for pics****
Coffret D'Or is one of Kanebo's newest makeup lines, launched in fall/winter 2007 to replace their wonderful brand T'estimo. I was so sad in the beginning that I didn't know if I'd get anything from Coffret D'or...but being a sucker for Japanese makeup I just couldn't pass this line up.
I am happy to report that Coffret D'or stuff seems pretty good (esp. their lipsticks) and I was really thrilled when I spotted their newest spring item, called Combient Rouge (CR). It's a lipstick on the one side and a matching gloss on the other. I haven't seen something like this in other Japanese brands before so it's a pretty innovative product in my opinion (I know of Western brand that have similar things but as many readers might know I am not into Western brands at all =P )

Each CR comes in a slim long stick. On the one side there's a long golden cap that covers the lipstick (it's a very slim twist-up lipstick), on the other side is a clear section where you can see the gloss and a smaller golden cap that has a soft doe-foot applicator attached.
The lipstick is quite sheer and soft but not so moisturizing and it doesn't sink in lips really so it can accentuate flaky or damaged skin. I always use a lip base and my lips are generally in a good condition so that's not a big problem for me (but 1 lippy deducted for the lacking moisture this provides).

The gloss is very sheer, shimmery and only a bit sticky. I find it lasts quite long on top of the lipstick
What I really like about this product is that you can create 3 different looks with just one makeup item. You can wear the lipstick and gloss layered or each of them individually. Very practical for travelling or taking along!
Each Combient Rouge costs just a bit below 3000 Yen, I paid between US$22 (ebay, shipped) to $34.50 (online store, shipped). To me that's affordable when I convert that into even though I have to admit that the amount given is quite small (a mere 2.3g total!!) =X
There is no fragrance in this product (YAY! Kudos to Japanese brands for generally sticking to unscented lip products!)
There are 8 colors available, I got 5 of them:
01 Spicy Beige: This is the only color I really dislike. It looked like a pretty peach lipstick with a pale beige gloss, but the lipstick is downright orange. The gloss is pretty but can't save the horrible orange. I will get rid of this color soon as it's totally unflattering for me and I have no use for it.

05 Dollish Pink: Light warm pink and a very sheer cooler pink gloss
06 Peach Blossom: This is the most pigmented lipstick and gloss of the lot. The lipstick is a warm light peachy coral and a pinky peach gloss that's more pigmented and not really shimmery like the other glosses.
07 Aqua Red: A warm sheer medium red lipstick. and a very very sheer (almost clear) slightly shimmery red gloss
08 Antique Rose: This was the first color that caught my eye and it's still my fave of the lot! It's a neutral rosy mauve lipstick and a sheer mauve-pink gloss.
There's also 02 Apricot Beige (looks like a peach/orange combo), 03 Splash Orange (the name is quite self-explanatory...looks like a bright orange/light orange duo) and 04 Rainbow Drop Pink (seems to be a medium pink with a white gloss combo). 04 looks like this is another color worth getting. I might eventually give in my lemming and get this =)

I am a cool-toned PPP/NW15/MQ OC-00/Kate OC-A with brown eyes.

01: