August 20, 2014 | 1906 users online

Eyes - Ardell - LashGrip Adhesive for Strip Lashes

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2013 5:07:00 AM More reviews by SweetLash

For years I had been using Ardell lash glue before I started being more conscious about the stuff I put on my face. When I read the ingredients I was shocked that their lash adhesive contained formaldehyde! I don't know how companies can get away with adding formaldehyde to their ingredients,but Ardell did and so does the ever so popular DUO! I don't care if it's a small amount or big amount, formaldehyde should never ever go on your face! Especially near your eyes! And for this reason I don't buy their lash adhesives anymore. There are other better ones out there like the adhesive from the Brand KISS. I noticed that Ardell lash glue doesn't last very long and isn't exactly waterproof.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by DeelishisBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have tried a few different adhesives. Personally i LOVE the lashgrip. i have mine in clear, and i agree with everyone that, it does take a little longer to dry, it does seem a little more runny, and you CAN use more product with the way the hole is sized (which i wish was actually smaller) but if careful, i always usually get the best amount onto the lashes, and i let it dry and attend to something else on my face, whether its, apply lipstick, cheeks, eyeliner, and then when i geto to my lashes they are pretty good to go... i mean i def would buy this again, i actually need more right now . =) i want to try the dark this time since its gettiing great review.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by ladyinsane25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The first lash glue I ever purchased was the DUO lash adhesive since that was the only one I was aware of and had heard plenty of rave reviews. Unfortunately, I did not like it at all. It works, yes. However, it is too watery for my liking and the packaging is an absolute nightmare. I will never forget this one incident where I was getting dolled up for a night out, had my outfit and make up on. Last step: falsies. Alas, the tube of DUO lash glue literally exploded on my black top and ruined everything. :(

Anyway moving on to the review of the Ardell LashGrip. I have this in both the clear and dark and I have to say that there is definitely a difference in the performance of the two. The clear one reminds me of the DUO, rather watery and does not adhere as well. The dark one, however, is excellent. It is a little thicker and stays put until you want to take it off. I simply apply a thin layer, let it dry for about 10-15 seconds and then apply it. It does dry dark though so bear that in mind and don't apply too thick a layer. I personally love that it dries dark because it fixes any budges caused by eyeliner etc. I have yet to find a clear lash glue that I love but for now this is my HG. I got mine from MadameMadeline for a mere $2.5 so it most definitely won't break the bank. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Not the best not the worst
Price: ~$5 CAD
Pkg: squeeze tube
Colour: dries clear-ish
Takes a couple minutes to dry and then ur lashes stay on for the day. Only used for individual so far

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by ruby9408

GOOD STAYING POWER (Like really good if you don't tear your lashes down...)
BAD PACKAGING (you get a ton of product when you squeeze the tube, which is really annoying to me. It would get everywhere before i can put my lashes on. T__T)

Prob will not purchase this again because the design just really really stinks...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by SilverGal

I believe a good eyelash glue affects the wearing, shape of falsies and staying power. I have tried Ardell LashGrip and I like it a lot! It comes in black colored glue, which really helps to conceal any gap between the falsies and eyes if you did not stick them perfectly, and it also create the illusion of a black eyeliner's job.

It is durable too, falsies is still in good shape and did not fall out, despite wearing it for more than 12 hours! Best of all, just a little is what you need; little tube goes a long way!

The only downside I feel the glue is slightly smelly.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by italiagirl007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hold my lashes in place really well...but dear god, it burns. I didn't even get any in my eyes, and in an hours my eyes were red and watery. So if you have sensitive eyes I wouldn't recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by raggie92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried so many lash glue because I'm very used to wear falsies most of the time. This is the lash glue that lasts well. I have the one in white. I don't like the squeeze tube sometimes because I always dispense a little too much product needed for the lashes. This lash glue works the best for me out of so many lash glue I tried.

This stays intact and waterproof/sweatproof all day long. I would definitely buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 6:16:00 AM More reviews by Yamada70

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the dark adhesive which dries black. This was better than I anticipated. I had used DUO adhesive & hated it. This dries very slow though, but once dry, it keeps my lashes on all day. Works wonders for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by nana7788

I've been through a phase of fake eyelash wearing and full makeup applying period. Lasted about 6 months and then didn't bother later. This is a pretty decent product. Got 2 on sale and been pretty happy with them. The down sides are the packaging and drying time. For a girl on the go...this might be a little bit annoying. I broke one after a week and felt really disappointed about that...too bad really. I've learned my lesson; never squeeze too hard haha