L'Occitane 100% Pure Shea Butter

3.9

Shea Butter

Used this years ago to get rid of an allergic reaction on my hand. It is the ONLY thing that works! I re-purchased on Saturday and my skin is better already. I will get the big one next time. Nice on the lips too. I have been using it as a hand cream and it is WAY better than the 20%. It doesn't feel sticky to me at all! And believe me...I have tried a gazillion hand cremes over the past few months. The big one is a much better deal than the travel size, and I forgot how much this saves chapped, irritated skin.

I am not a fan of lipbalms in a pot usually (simply because it doesn't seem that hygienic) but this shea butter balm by L'occitane is amazing.

First of all it is affordable and even a small pot will last you a very long time. This is a very natural product as well (I believe there are two ingredients in it only which is insane) and it works great as an overnight treatment for lips. It is not greasy, sticky or gloopy - it feels like a true balm and never as say a vaseline. There is a minimal scent which I would describe as nutty, but overall you won't event feel it once the product is on.

I know this balm is also good for dry elbows and even hair - so far I've only used it for my lips and it feels lovely.

If you want to read more about this or any other organic lip balms you can check this blog post here:

This 100% Shea Butter tin has been a family favourite and we have constantly repurchase over the years, despite its high price point.

Why so? Well, this product simply soothes, softens and comforts any dry areas on the body. I recently (after all these years, go figure) tried it out as a lip balm and it smoothes my lips like no other and doesn't feel sticky / uncomfortable.

Some reviewers mentioned it leaves a sticky feeling that lasts all day... I live in sunny (humid) Malaysia and only use this all over my body at night... But first I make sure my skin's damp. I keep a spray bottle filled with water on my bedside table and mist my skin before taking a small amount of shea butter, warming it with my hands first before gently massaging it into damp skin. This way, it nourishes and the product sinks into the skin a lot quicker.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This little gem has saved my lips this winter.
This fall my lips became very dry, chapped and sore and I started a huge lip balm hunt. I tried very many lip balms from la roche posay, elizabeth arden, vichy, lavera, carmex, blistex, weleda, labello, the body shop etc but nothing worked. The balms helped me for a couple of hours but after that my lips were even more dry. It was horrible.

Then I found this one at airport and omg- my lips are completely saved! When I usually have to apply a lip balm once in an hour, this one can be applied twice a day (when i go to bed and in the morning) and my lips are super soft.

The balm (shea butter) has no fragrance which I like, and it comes in a super cute, oldfashioned 10ml tin pot which I love. The butter leaves the lips naturally shiny, not over shiny like vaseline does. There is no white residue, like with many other lip balms.

Even my husband (who usually hates all kinds of balms and creams) likes this butter and asks me every night where the sheabutter is :).

Got the tiny pot couple months ago and it has saved my winter face! I put it as night cream mostly and sometimes even during the day under a BB cream and it gives me a nice glow. My face feels hydrated all day.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff is amazing and I used to buy it all the time before shea was becoming so popular you could buy it from other places. It's great stuff with no scent but its very expensive. I love the tin it comes in.

I switched to a different brand later on and am just as happy. This is still overpriced.

I love this stuff and use it all the time in a variety of scents (they have scented and unscented versions). The shelf life of this product is incredible because of its fat content. The butter itself take a while to sink into the skin, but when it does, I wake up with silky smooth skin. I use the unscented version all over my face and body. It really does wonders for dry and irritated skin, although I do not believe it to have any anti-aging properties. I wish that they had packaged this product in an elegant glass jar instead of the tin, but I think that this is a really amazing product and deserves extra attention.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought this in hopes that it would help my long-term problem with eczema. Though it hasn't in this past week of trying, it has made my skin much softer. However, I hate the greasy, thick, sticky feeling that lasts all day. But I will continue using it because my skin has never been this soft before.

Definitely i will buy again. I thought by getting older lips age rapidly , so i surrendered to the idea years ago. Never thinking about it. But when i stepped into the l'occitane store just to have a look i was fascinated by the scents i smelled so i purchased some products and they gave me a small bag as a gift and the 100% Shea butter was included i have to say it was the best thing i got out of the l'occitane store, for in one week of applying this butter on my lips twice a day my lips have been restored to the state they were in when i was in my 20's . This is my 3 rd week and i definitely will recommend it and repurchase it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This is a review of 100 % pure shea butter.

It's nice, but nothing special? my best friend on the other hand LOVES this!