L'Occitane 100% Pure Shea Butter

Shea Butter

on 2/2/2015 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This little gem has saved my lips this winter.
This fall my lips became very dry, chapped and sore and I started a huge lip balm hunt. I tried very many lip balms from la roche posay, elizabeth arden, vichy, lavera, carmex, blistex, weleda, labello, the body shop etc but nothing worked. The balms helped me for a couple of hours but after that my lips were even more dry. It was horrible.

Then I found this one at airport and omg- my lips are completely saved! When I usually have to apply a lip balm once in an hour, this one can be applied twice a day (when i go to bed and in the morning) and my lips are super soft.

The balm (shea butter) has no fragrance which I like, and it comes in a super cute, oldfashioned 10ml tin pot which I love. The butter leaves the lips naturally shiny, not over shiny like vaseline does. There is no white residue, like with many other lip balms.

Even my husband (who usually hates all kinds of balms and creams) likes this butter and asks me every night where the sheabutter is :).

on 1/14/2015 6:52:00 PM

Got the tiny pot couple months ago and it has saved my winter face! I put it as night cream mostly and sometimes even during the day under a BB cream and it gives me a nice glow. My face feels hydrated all day.

on 8/21/2014 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff is amazing and I used to buy it all the time before shea was becoming so popular you could buy it from other places. It's great stuff with no scent but its very expensive. I love the tin it comes in.

I switched to a different brand later on and am just as happy. This is still overpriced.

on 8/21/2014 6:53:00 PM

I love this stuff and use it all the time in a variety of scents (they have scented and unscented versions). The shelf life of this product is incredible because of its fat content. The butter itself take a while to sink into the skin, but when it does, I wake up with silky smooth skin. I use the unscented version all over my face and body. It really does wonders for dry and irritated skin, although I do not believe it to have any anti-aging properties. I wish that they had packaged this product in an elegant glass jar instead of the tin, but I think that this is a really amazing product and deserves extra attention.

on 3/18/2014 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought this in hopes that it would help my long-term problem with eczema. Though it hasn't in this past week of trying, it has made my skin much softer. However, I hate the greasy, thick, sticky feeling that lasts all day. But I will continue using it because my skin has never been this soft before.

on 1/24/2014 3:28:00 PM

Definitely i will buy again. I thought by getting older lips age rapidly , so i surrendered to the idea years ago. Never thinking about it. But when i stepped into the l'occitane store just to have a look i was fascinated by the scents i smelled so i purchased some products and they gave me a small bag as a gift and the 100% Shea butter was included i have to say it was the best thing i got out of the l'occitane store, for in one week of applying this butter on my lips twice a day my lips have been restored to the state they were in when i was in my 20's . This is my 3 rd week and i definitely will recommend it and repurchase it.

on 11/11/2013 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This is a review of 100 % pure shea butter.

It's nice, but nothing special? my best friend on the other hand LOVES this!

on 11/8/2013 12:15:00 PM

Very versatile product! I use the travel size mini one and put it on my night stand. I use it as lipbalm, eye cream and cuticle cream before bed. It has zero coloring or fragrance which makes it safe to use around sensitive areas. Does a great job moisturizing and locking in the moisture. The price is definitely a downside. 45$ for the big tin is definitely overpricing shea butter but again, that's quite lots of product that will last for at least a year or two.

One thing i find quite annoying tho is the fact that i live in Montreal, where the winter gets super cold and even heating in the room won't help the product melt easily. But it's fine during warmer months, which is like 4 months max LOL

on 10/25/2013 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I absolutely love this product. I've been using it on my feet at night for years, and it works wonders. It's incredibly easy to warm between fingers and massage into feet and other dry areas of skin. I always rub any remaining product into my cuticles, and also keep a small tin handy for that very purpose. Their foot lotion usually doesn't offer enough relief for my dry feet, but the Shea Butter is very intensive. This is must have for well-hydrated feet.

on 9/11/2013 8:54:00 PM

I have it on the biggest 150ml size. I love it! This is the only product that softens my rough elbows and soles. Can't live without it! The price is a bit steep but a canister lasts me around 6-7 months though.