December 17, 2014 | 1661 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Shine Struck Liquid Lipcolor in Zealous

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2009 8:34:00 PM More reviews by sanpe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brand of lipcolor. It goes on evenly and its not sticky. The color is just gorgeous, on my lips it comes out to a pretty light pink with a hint of brown. Its hard to explain the color but its perfect for day time or with a smoky eye look. ( It is expensive for a d/s brand but i only buy H.I.P products when its on BOBO free, then its worth your money)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 8:09:00 PM More reviews by netandritha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love this lip color goes great with my tan Asian skin and brown hair! Would definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 8:14:00 PM More reviews by juwel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this! I have 3 other L'oreal HIP glosses but they were almost all misses in colour for me (I got Pretentious - too brown and washed me out, Tainted - too dark, Reserved - almost the right pink-brown colour but still probably made for a darker complexion.) In general the HIP line seems geared towards darker and warmer complexions than mine, which is really sad cos they are really great quality. Anyway, this is a lovely coral pink-red for me - I was looking for a subdued apricot shade and that's about what this is. It has very fine golden shimmer in it - very flattering and brightens my face. I hate glitter in lipgloss, and this is not glitter, it's shimmer.
The texture is ace. It's sticky enough to stay on lips (like MAC lipglass) but not heavy. It's also pretty moist, so it doesn't dry my lips. It lasts pretty well, though not of course through drinking water at dinner. And the smell is one of the best foodie smells I've smelt in lipgloss - a chocolate-caramel smell which isn't tacky. I usually hate fruity/overly vanilla smells in gloss and cosmetics so I'm picky, and this is a delightful smell for me. I'm definitely going to give this line another go to see if there are other colours that suit me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2008 3:08:00 PM More reviews by obzessd

Gorgeous shade that is a little hard to describe, as you can see from all the reviewers' different takes on it. To me, this is rosy-reddish with a touch of dark gold or bronze. Anyway, this was by far the prettiest shade in the HIP Shine Struck Liquid Lipcolor line on my NC25 coloring. Great pigmentation and lasting power (for a gloss). Pleasant consistency -- not too thick like MAC or too watery (which I hate), just a nice light thickness/stickiness that reminds you you're wearing gloss. An initial sugary-cookie scent that fades for those so disinclined, but I find it pleasant. This is my first HIP gloss and I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2008 10:13:00 PM More reviews by vyxxyn

The most wearable shade for me!!!! This has become my HG lippie! Zealous is a medium reddish brown with lots of shimmer and shine. Goes on smooth like Glossimers, lightweight, very shiny, and best of all non-sticky. One of 2 non-sticky lip glosses I have. The other is Lipfusion. Color is intense but can be worn sparingly. It's long lasting and does not bleed! Tastes and smells pleasantly of caramel, not too strong or I'll end up ingesting the whole tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2008 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Smashbox80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just bought this at CVS for BOGO and am in love! I usually dont go for liquid lip colors because i find them to be too drying and prefer the extra shine that glosses provide. L'Oreal has definitley changed my mind with these lippies! The pigment is true to the color of the bottle, the formula is very smooth and moisturizing and the color is a rose coral with a touch of bronze imo. I applied at 9 am and after breakfast still had color on my lips! And though the color is very pigmented, it has just enough shine to satisfy the glossaholic in me! I also purchased Precarious but have tried it on yet - will be buying more!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by skagirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Zealous is a reddish, coral, pinkish color. Shine struck is a thick "gloss" that is sort of a hybrid of gloss and lipstick. Its very pigmented and has a nice amount of shine, not too much. The staying power is good. I wore it one day from morning until after I ate lunch, and there was still color on my lips. Its not sticky at all. It goes on smooth feels moisturizing. It also has a cake batter scent to it, which I thought was odd, but it doesn't bother me.