December 20, 2014 | 1295 users online

Hair Treatments - DHC - After Bath Hair Treatment Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by crashedandburn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this hair oil as a free sample when I was buying other DHC products from their website, and I'm so glad I did! For starters, I have thick, straight, relatively healthy hair that's just strictly normal and a bit blah, apart from slightly dry ends. I just happened to be experiencing my first winter, and all of a sudden the lower half of my hair just got so dry. It's never happened before, and not even my precious argan oil was enough to save it. The first time I used it, I was so shocked because for the first time that winter, the ends of my hair didn't feel like straw.

PROs:
- Instantly makes hair incredibly incredibly incredibly SOFT. This is the main point. This is the best thing about this product
- A very lightweight oil, absorbs easily into hair and does not weigh it down AT ALL. Definitely preferable to other heavy duty products out there that does the same thing but makes my hair flat and lanky
- Makes my hair really manageable, sorts out my tangles and everything. Unfortunately, it's not very effective for frizzy hair at the roots, but its good with flyaways

CONs:
- I use about 1 and a half pumps each time, so it probably won't last as long as I'd like it to. Especially for the price. It's a little indulgent, especially since I don't like to spend too much on hair products
- Doesn't seem to be making a difference to my hair in the long run. My hair doesn't seem to improving, like less dry or anything like that This is just strictly a styling oil, though a very effective one

I've also tried the hair emulsion version, and I definitely prefer the oil. It's a lighter texture, less sticky, and not as effective.

The amount of compliments I've received about my hair is just shocking, since I've never been complimented on it before. My friends, even random strangers have told me how soft it looks!

At the end of the day, I love how this makes my hair look, and wouldn't dream of not using it after I wash my hair. While I don't love the price, I will most probably repurchase because it's just that effective.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 8:34:00 AM More reviews by purrsian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This DHC hair treatment oil is very reasonably priced comparing with other hair oils on the market, not greasy, doesn't weight my hair down. Easy to apply, can be used on dry hair or damp hair, it makes my hair very smooth, silky and manageable after blow-drying, keeping my frizzy wavy hair straight for days, feeling like I just walk out from a salon every time I use it. The effect lasts until I wash my hair again (which means 2-3 days maximum in winter). The scent is mild and pleasant. I'm happily adding this one extra item as my hair product. It's a must have!

Update: 2011/ 12/ 15

I just had an interesting experience and helped me to realize something about hair products, hair brushes (and maybe also with the hair dryer). I'm on a trip and staying in a hot spring hotel. I brough DHC After Bath Hair Treatment Oil with me, but without bringing my Sephora hair brush (it's for hair after ionic perm and anti-frizz, my hair isn't permed). As usual, I applied two drops of dime size hair oil on my damp hair, rub it starting from mid-shaft downward to the end, and using a regular plastic hair brush for blow drying. No matter what I did, my hair looked wavy and frizzy (mine is naturally wavy and frizzy), it just does not give the sleek smooth and silky result I had at home, quite difficult to comb through too. Mind you my hair dryer at home isn't a high-end one, the one in spa might be better. Not until now, I hadn't realized how good my hair brush is and what a hair brush can make a world of difference. Now I know why Mason Pearson hair brush would cost an arm and a leg for. But my Sephora hair brush has been good to me, and there's nothing wrong with DHC hair oil, I will stick to them, and will bring them both wherever I go. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by deftones44

I hesitate in being the first one to write a negative review of this product when it looks like quite a string of people are in love with it, but my personal experience with this product was just that disappointing :(

I have thick, stick straight hair down to the middle of my back. It's pretty frizzy (tons of fly aways), is dry, and knots up easily. Winter is rolling around and my frizz and dryness is only going to increase. So, I've been on a hunt for a product that can help control these issues. In the past I've tried Chi's Silk Infusion, Frederik Fekkai's Glossing Cream, Biosilk, Sexy Straight Hair Smooth+ Seal Spray, jojoba oil, John Frieda Frizz Ease Serum and hmm.. I think that's it. My favorite of all of those listed was Sexy Hair's Smooth and Seal Spray, but they've recently changed that product's ingredients and it no longer works even half as effectively, so that's why I'm on the hunt again. I turned to my faithful MUA reviewers to find a new product.. and on came DHC's After Bath Oil. 11 perfect reviews? Sounds awesome! But it just didn't work for me.. and I tried everything to try to make it work for me.

The directions state that you can use 1-2 pumps on either damp or dry hair. The first day I tried it, I used one pump on damp hair. When I went to blow dry and style, my hair was a tangled mess. You could tell my hair looked tangled and gross, and it felt sticky and I couldn't run my fingers through any part of it. I figured I'd try it in different ways to see if that method just didn't work for me. The next day I tried it on dry hair.. got the same result. Then I also tried changing the amount of the product, ranging from 2 pumps to a dime sized amount.. nothing worked for me. I was always left with a tangled mess, most of the time sticky feeling.

I honestly tried everything to make this product work for me, but it just didn't! It obviously is doing well for many others though, so I feel that if you are curious about it, at least try it because it just may be a 5 star product for you. If you are curious about it, DHC allows you get 4 free samples of any of their products when you make a purchase, so you can always try it that way if you don't want to commit to the $17 full sized bottle like I did ... boo!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 1:53:00 AM More reviews by AnnieRocco

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this to try after reading the comments here. Ive very dry n damage hair which has plenty of split ends and frizz... ive tried many other hair treatment/mask but non of them are comparable to this! To control my frizz, i need OIL! Though i love the texture of those treatment milk/emulsion, they do nothing for my hair.. esp in winter, my hair matts up to a ball at the back of my neck...

This product smells nice and tames down my frizz. Sometimes i forgott to apply it after bath and when i look at myself in the mirror, immediately i realised the differnece on my hair! It just looks frizzy, messy, dry! This dosent weigh down my hair too. Dosent make it looks oily either. Absorbs well and smells great! I didnt try the emulsion type as my hair dosent seem to do well with anything other than oil. before this, i was using 100% jojoba oil which is good too (just scentless) I will definately purchase this after i finish my bottle. I use 2 pumps for my semi long hair. The price however is a bit too much. But nevertheless, i will repurchase since its so hard to find a product which tames my hair as well as this! Have been in search for a few yrs! Finally my search is over. At least for now... hehe

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2010 10:59:00 AM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm trying this just to compare to the emulsion formula. Because I have fine hair, I was afraid an oil would weigh my hair down, but this is a very nice product. I've used this 3 times so far -- about a dime-sized blob that I run through wet hair -- and my hair styles very nicely with no oily look, and no fly-aways. I like the emulsion too, but when it runs out I'll definitely consider replacing with the oil. Both are very good products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by renee1100

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Works great on my fine, thin hair without weighing it down or making it greasy. I've never been able to use serums because of above but this works well!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2009 9:07:00 AM More reviews by iheartproducts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I ran out of my kerastase oleo-relax, so i decided to try this (even though most silicon/oil-based serums make my extremely fine hair look oily). I'm so glad I did! I actually think it works better than the kerastase, and it's cheaper! I used one pump on damp hair (mostly through ponytail, a little on crown) before blow drying. My hair was so soft (not in a bad, thin hair way), it didn't get stringy, and it never got oily! plus, the packaging is cute in a 50s kind of way!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2009 1:41:00 AM More reviews by silveriris

Beautiful product! Versatile and wonderful for long or treated hair, prevents tangles/snags, lends a light shine not greasy. You can use very little for a subtle sheen or a bit more, great product, I love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 11:04:00 AM More reviews by probair3

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product, especially since I have very long hair, which I color, also.
When my hair feels dry between washings I put a good amount on my pony tail and work it through. My hair looks and feels like new hair,
never leaves my hair oily-looking..........just shiny and healthy.
Good stuff!

p.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2008 2:35:00 AM More reviews by nana_JustInCase

I do love this product because it gives my hair silky and smooth without make my hair feel sticky and too much oil.

I use it in the morning when I'm going to dry my hair. I put it on my wet hair especially on the end of mine. This product safes my hair from heat and gives moisturizer. LOVE IT!!

I do think this product is reasonable cost, but I'm going to love this product more if DHC improve it's package because it's so hard for me to pump the oil in perfectly quantity for each time. 555

In the end, if you're looking for reasonable oil treatment for your hair I recommend DHC After Bath Hair Treatment Oil.

( I've used Kerastate Oleo Relax Serum before but I love this product more)