July 26, 2014 | 1915 users online

Lipstick - Kanebo - Lavshuca Rouge Essence Bar

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2008 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Jeanxi

I tried to like it, but I was so put off by the massive amounts of shimmer in the lipstick that I think I will swap it away. The plus side is that the formula is very creamy and non-drying, so if you are okay with shimmer in your lipstick, then you may like this product. The color I got is PK-4, which is a medium beigey pink on me that looks a bit darker than my natural lip color. However, I would not call it MLBB because I don't really like the color on me. For reference, I have Asian complexion and am about a NC20.

I was first drawn to this lipstick by its packaging, which is slim, chic, and very cute. However, to make sure no more than 3mm of lipstick is twisted out at one time, they added something that makes a clicking sound if you try to twist out more than 3mm of lipstick. Apparently, that is the suggested amount of lipstick to apply every time (3mm of the tube). Although it shouldn't really matter, but the fact that I'm limited to only twisting out 3mm of lipstick at a time kind of annoys me (for the record, I apply less than the suggested amount).

So in summary:

FORMULA: Great for creaminess, horrible for amount of shimmer/sparkles.

COLOR: Doesn't fit me but may be good for some other people.

PACKAGING: Chic and pretty but poorly designed dispensing device IMO.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: I worked with it a little more and found that the color looks pretty good on me once I tone down my eye makeup (I'm usually more of a heavy eye, light lips person than the other way around). Also, I've been working with the shimmer and it seems more bearable now. I might have been getting major shimmer because I'm used to gently wiping away a layer of color after I apply the lipstick on my lips (so the color would look more natural), but if I do that with this lipstick, I'm left with nothing but the shimmer. So as long as I wear this lipstick without wiping away anything, the shimmer just makes the lipstick look glossy, instead of, well, shimmery.
UDATE 2:
I took off two lippies because after three months, and maybe a handful of uses, the lipstick has gone bad >..< continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2008 1:00:00 PM More reviews by fleckenschnitte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

***Click CONTINUED to view pics***

Lavshuca really has some cute items...though I have to admit I was extremely disappointed with their previous lipstick/-gloss hybrid Color Conc Rouge I had high hopes when I spotted their newest item Rouge Essence Bar online.

I ordered 3 colors right away and was pleasantly surprised by the super soft buttery texture. This is probably one of the "meltiest" lipsticks I ever tried. As soon as this touches your lips you'll get a super soft and glossy shimmery sheer layer of color. You schouldn't apply too much or it will get a bit messy but about 2 swipes give the perfect glossy pout. I like that it's not too pigmented but not too sheer either. I think they found a good formula just in between.
The drawback of the buttery texture is that this lipstick is probably used up quickly if you use it daily.
This lipstick stays on surprisingly well and keeps my lips really soft and smooth.

I love the packaging of this product. It's the cutest silver colored magic-wand sort of lipstick tube (please see pic below). You twist the end of the stick to get the lipstick out and thankfully it also retracts if you twist the opposite direction.
I think this retails for 1680 yen, about US$15 (more in online stores) so I don't think it's really that expensive (around 10, less than a L'oreal or Maybelline lipstick costs here)

There are 12 colors, I picked 6:
RD-1: Medium soft warm pink

RD-2: Juicy raspberry red
BE-2: Light slightly pink-tinged brown
PK-1: Light pink
RS-1: Medium hot pink
PK-4: NEW for Summer 2008. It's a muted creamy medium pink with a light touch of beige. Even though it seems very shimmery in the tube it's rather a silky looking finish and not as sheer as the other colors.

I am a cool-toned PPP/NW15/MQ OC-00/KATE OC-A with brown eyes