September 2, 2014 | 1098 users online

Palettes - Kanebo - Lunasol Lightning for Eyes 04 Neutral quad

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2010 10:47:00 AM More reviews by loverofmkup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am very new to the Lunasol lighting for eyes quads, but I have to say I am in love! I own e/s from different brands (UD, Chanel, Dior to name a few) & none have impressed me as much as these. The pigmentation is unbelievable, they are also so easily blendable. These are what I wish my Dior quints would be. I have found Dior to be very pretty in the container/quint, but not so pretty on my eyes, I just can't get enough color payoff. Not so with Lunasol. For reference I am nc35, & these do tend to be a tiny bit on the warm side so they compliment my coloring very well. They have so many different color selections though, so if you are fair, don't be afraid to try them. These quads though are very pricey, and somewhat hard to buy if in the US (try evilbay, they have a great selection there) but completely worth it. There is a little fall out, but nothing a little shaking of your brush before application can't fix.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 7:22:00 AM More reviews by breesana

I saw this quad at the counter, and knew immediatly that I had to have it. The ma tried let me play around a little, but by that point, I knew I would be leaving the store with this in hand. The colors are very natural, and the glitter gives just the right amount of dazzle. I am usually very dramatic in my makeup, but this is a beautiful, understated look. I recomend it to anyone who is looking for the perfect brown smokey eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2008 2:12:00 AM More reviews by thesoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

let's start with saying that I already have two backups of this baby. In South Korea, where I used to live, I had to pre-order these and wait for four to five weeks since the supply couldn't keep up with the skyrocketing demand! Seriously this was even harder to get than the summer LE EX series palettes--and this is a permanent!

This is a gorgeous shimmery/glittery neutral palette which doesn't make my eyes look tired, bloodshot or saggy (I figured that at least for many asian women, including myself, who don't have creases or folds as defined as women of other ethnicity, taupes / cool browns are very easily misunderstood for a black eye).

The secret is the golden-shimmer based ivory shadow (the upper left part). Using this as a base or a highlight compensates for the two other quite "cool" browns--a shimmery taupe and an extremely pigmented black-brown shade

I also love the glitter compartment. It's somewhat like a cream shadow with a clear base and tons of glitter in varying size and color. At first it looked like craft glitter used in kindergarten, but once it goes onto the eyes it's like diamond and gives off such a noble sparkle. I dab it on the middle of my upper lids and also in my tear duct. It really brightens up your eyes and makes them alive.

The only unsatisfactory thing is the darkest shade (I'd compare this to BB espresso, espresso is sliiiiiightly more black); I tried using a very nice blender brush and even my finger to blend it out but almost always ended up with uneven black-brown patches around my (invisible) crease. I solved the problem by using this as a slightly smudgy eyeliner, using the sponge tip applicator. exTREMEly pigmented.

sorry the review turned into an essay...but see how much I love this product!! Lunasol comes in the classiest color/texture combinations ever yet is always generous on pretty glitters and shimmer. In fact I love it so much that the killer price and the unattractive packaging don't even matter a bit. Honest color payoff, great staying power, awesome shades... I'm an eye shadow whore and have used almost every major high-end and drugstore brands from 4-5 different countries but this is so far my #1. It's also very versatile; wear the soft shimmery shades for a daytime/office look and swipe some brown and glitter on for the night.

I uploaded a picture above-go ahead and check it out!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 6:46:00 AM More reviews by jin1022000

I'm addicted to this E/S. LUNASOL HAS THE BEST QUALITY !!!!
If anybody is interested in this E/S Palette. YOU SHOULD BUY IT! YOU WON'T REGRET IT~

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2008 3:44:00 AM More reviews by glossedup

************CLICK 'CONTINUED' FOR PRODUCT PICTURES AND SWATCHES**************

Lunasol is a high-end diffusion line from the Asian cosmetics company Kanebo, and currently sells only within Asia. Their Lightning for Eyes series is all permanent, and retails for about $50USD in-person at an Asian counter, but can be bought online for $59USD. For this price, you get 5.3g of shadow (four colours) inside the classic Lunasol quad - glossy/matte bronze, very stylish!

This quad (04) Neutral comprises of a pale gold/cream sheer highlighting shade, a medium/light silvered taupe, a cool brown with flecks of shimmer and a high-glitter silver shade. The gold/cream applies like a dream, and the shimmer is not OTT - perfect as a highlighter. This shade is very similar to my MAC White Wheat (from Inventive quad) but has smoother, finer shimmer. The taupe is the standout - absolutely fantastic colour, super flattering and somehow, manages to differentiate itself from every other taupe I own (I have a couple :P ahem.) if you're a taupe fan, it's well worth buying this lovely quad, if only for this one shade!

The dark brown is less impressive against the other three shades - it's rather boring, and the flecks of shimmer do not quite stand out. However, it's very practical, and it's inclusion means that this quad could plausibly be enough shadow for travel - very handy. The texture is superb, however, and it has no red tones. The silver glitter shade is GORGEOUS. I find it applies best with my fingertips - the texture is softer than the other shadows, almost a bit creamy, and the glitter STAYS on the lid with almost no fallout and no mixing medium! It is holographic too - not OTT, you just get the subtlest hint of blue or green as the light catches the right way.

Packaging is fantastic, two double-headed applicators are provided. The one brush end is very similar to the quality of MAC's 213SE brushes in their holiday palettes, and I use it occasionally. The sponge-tips are high quality, and there is some variation, including an angled tip for liner application that I find very thoughtful and elegant. Price-wise, it's definitely a bit of a splurge - but it's fantastic quality, absolutely gorgeous and I find myself reaching for this quite a bit. Completely worth it in my opinion.

If I do have one criticism, it's that the e/s pans are not always glued in particularly securely. My cream pan has the tendency to 'wiggle' around a bit, which is somewhat annoying but since they haven't fallen out, I don't really mind.

Conclusion : totally worth it. I love it and would buy again - take a look at the pictures, I dare you :)

On the left

Swatched together

Darker shades

Lighter shades

(Shows the holographic effect of the glitter shade well)

continued >>