October 25, 2014 | 1699 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Tres Spray Super Hold

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was a happy surprise. I'd purchased a travel size (pretty large actually) while on a business trip after getting caught in the rain and needing some protection from humidity. It really didn't help, so upon arriving home I threw it into a drawer and forgot all about. Fast forward to tonight when I wanted a curl set and needed a setting spray. Well, although this is a hairspray, it turns out it works really well with a curling iron. Just a few spritzes on each section of dry hair, then curling the hair with a hot iron did the trick, nice, shiny, bouncy curls with a reasonable amount of staying power. Will I purchase again? Probably not, but only because I see that TRESemme has specific products for styling to use with the hot iron. Overall I love TRESemme products and have used them on and off for years. It's good to know they are still around.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by strangelove_addiction

Terrible. I picked this over the TRESemme Tres Two Extra Hold (green and black can, aerosol), hoping that it would give a little extra hold. Terrible and strong smell, gave my hair the "wet" look, sticky, and didn't last at all. My curls straightened out within hours. Would not recommend to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the formula. It provides a pretty good hold without making my hair too stiff. The buildup is manageable (it comes off pretty easily after washing hair unlike the tres two products). Price is amazing! The smell on the other hand is not that great. It smells like this cheap candy scent over the usual hairspray scent. The smell is better than the tres two products though. The bottle is difficult to spray upside down because it's not aersol but its manageable.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2009 12:35:00 PM More reviews by user24678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is really gross. It leaves your hair really wet-looking and clumpy and feeling really greasy. And it has no hold whatsoever. Disgusting. Would never repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2008 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Tina68

This is the hairspray that comes in the pump aerosol. My hair is thick, coarse and curly. I tried this because it was cheap - I don't use hairspray on a regular basis so I didn't want to spend a lot. On the days I use this spray my hair feels a little rougher than normal, almost sticky. As well, it doesn't really hold my hair either. It may be better for someone with thinner or finer hair than mine. I will use it until it's finished and move on to something else. So, I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2008 7:08:00 PM More reviews by tourmalinequeen

Bought a sample size of this and loved it. I have tried virtually every kind of drugstore hairspray and this is the first to really hold my baby fine, straight hair. The trade off is that is a bit tacky when freshly applied and does give a little of that "hairsprayed hair" feel when touched. To find a product that will hold my type of hair is a godsend.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2007 2:37:00 PM More reviews by duncan123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this last week...had a coupon. Am sorry to say that I don't like it. I would have given it 1 lippy but it DOES hold. My problem with it is that it's sticky. If I get this on my hands, it feels like my fingers are sticking together. I don't like the thought of sticky stuff in my hair. Smell is ok...just not my favorite hairspray.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2007 3:29:00 AM More reviews by racheroonie

this is a really really good hair spray because it does what it advertises- super hold!! i like how its non aersol too so its good for the enivornment. but yes, if i tease my hair and spray this on, it holds so well without feeling super hard. it smells great too! my small mini trial bottle is lasting me for months!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2007 1:48:00 PM More reviews by aaren

The Tres Spray spritz is my very very favorite - the only HG hair spray product I use. It's so amazing. I spray it where I want a part to stay, or a straight style, or some extra volume or to keep a curl in place. It keeps it's hold and volume and it feels like absolutely nothing in my hair. It's lightweight and works SO well. Nothing compares to it. I couldn't get along without it. The price is right too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2006 7:34:00 PM More reviews by starlite714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

so far in my history all drugstore non-aerosol hairsprays work the same. what i like about this one though is the scent. its deliriously sweet, i LOVE IT! im running out though and went looking for it recently but couldnt find it. but would definitely repurchase. oh and since i dont use it that often, when i do, my sisters always tell me i smell so good and ask if its a new perfume!