November 26, 2014 | 1730 users online

Fragrances - Creed - Green Valley

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2008 6:18:00 PM More reviews by scott71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this and liked it very much so when I had a chance to pick up a 1 oz bottle for relatively cheap I snagged it. I think this is definitely underrated as far as creed's go. I love the mint in this, it's blended very well with the other notes and has a nice and natural green, light herbal earthiness that's perfect for summertime. The only downside is it stays very close to my skin after an hour or so and if I re-apply it frequently(wish it lasted longer on me) I sometimes get a headache. Still though, I really like this fragrance and give it a thumbs up!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2008 5:30:00 AM More reviews by jiicky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

According to the Creed website, Green Valley is:
"A fresh, green, aromatic evocation of the French countryside in summer. Wild Mint, Violet Leaves and Blackcurrant over a base of Oak moss, Sandalwood, Patchouli and Musk."

I smell almost no mint, some violet, the tiniest bit of blackcurrant, some oak moss, sandalwood notes are not individually distinguishable--most to round out the scent, some patchouli and I can't separate out the musk (I think that it is used to give the fragrance some body or depth).

Similar to one of the reviewers below, my initial impression of Green Valley was that it was hybrid of Green Irish Tweed and Spring Mountain Water. It has the similar herbaceous elements as Green Irish Tweed with a much less earth-like smell. At the same time it has the clean elements of Spring Mountain water minus the sweet notes and considerably more body. Like Green Irish Tweed, Green Valley definitely brings associations of the countryside but it is more pastoral and less "wet" and less heath-like after the drydown. Green Valley is a slightly more bright and sunny than Green Irish Tweed.

The fragrance evokes images of Richard Llewellyn's "How Green was my Valley" (or at least the Hollywood version of it, even though it was shot 100% in California ;) )-- sun-strewn green valleys dotted with little cottages with flowers alongside the pathways---or those post-card like paintings by Thomas Kinkade of the Cotswolds.

If you like Green Irish Tweed and Silver Mountain Water, you will probably like Green Valley. Even if neither of these scents does it for you, Green Valley is still worth a try. It captures the best elements of both of these fragrancs. I work in China, and strangely none of my colleagues can stand Green Irish Tweed-- saying that it smells "dirty" and "repulsive" while all of them like the Green Valley. People in Asia seem to favor lighter and cleaner fragrances than in the West.

A very good unisex fragrance as it can be worn by men and women alike and not so cliched as CK One.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2008 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Netherson

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Green Valley smells very natural and vegetal. Smells like something that is earthly and not artificial. Bit weak.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2007 11:17:00 PM More reviews by faizanj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Notes: Wild Mint, Violet Leaves and Blackcurrant over a base of Oak moss, Sandalwood, Patchouli and Musk.

Green Valley is a Creed offering which, like a bad family secret,is rarely talked about. Well the secrets out - this Creed's a winner!

I recall trying Silver Mountain Water (SMW) for the first few times and thinking "smells nice, but if only the sweet blackcurrant note was tempered by a mossy, citrus or mint note". Well, Green Valley smells like what my thoughts were envisioning - it has a blackcurrant note which is definitely noticeable in the composition, but its opening note of fresh mint alongwith violet leaves in the middle notes lends it a "SMW refined" aura to me. Infact for a short while during its evolution, when the violet leaves are making their presence felt, it does smell quite a bit like Green Irish Tweed. Green Valley is still very much its own fragrance though. At times it smells like an illegitimate bastard child of GIT and SMW, conceived in lush green valleys on the banks of a fresh spring.

Contrary to the reviews below, it smells nothing like Diors Fahrenheit; that "motor oil" note of Fahrenheit is nowhere to be found in Green Valley. I also observed that depending on your skin, either the violet leaves or the blackcurrant will be the more prominent showcase note. On clothes, its the earthy violet leaves which are more dominant. Longevity is around 5-6 hours.

Eitherways, if you thought Green Irish Tweed was too "earthy" and SMW was too sweet, give Green Valley a try. Exhibiting great composition and evolution of notes, it deserves more attention - just like the music of The Meat Puppets.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2002 3:44:00 PM More reviews by oapstate

Love it! The best thing about Creed is that no one has it. This scent smells clean. It is expensive, but I bought mine in London where is it not quite as bad. I think I paid $115 for the largest size.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No