November 28, 2014 | 1252 users online

Shampoo - Organix - Tea Tree Mint Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

This is a great shampoo because it gives a deep clean while actually moisturizing your hair at the same time. I bleach my hair, so as a result I have pretty dry ends, but my roots get super oily. Clarifying shampoos get all the grease out of my roots but tend to leave my ends tangled and dry. Moisturizing shampoos keep my ends looking healthy, but make my roots look like I haven't washed my hair in weeks. This has been a lifesaver because it gives me a thorough clean, but it makes my hair feel soft, shiny, and manageable. Added bonus -- I've been dealing with a dry scalp latley, and using this regularly seems to really have helped.

This stuff smells amazing -- I don't notice any tea tree scent, just a super minty smell. If you're not a mint lover, though, I haven't noticed the scent of this lingering in my hair, so no worries. The consistency of this is kind of weird. It comes out in almost gel-like blobs. It's not runny or slippery at all like most shampoos are. Because of the consistency, I find that I have to use quite a bit of this to get it to lather in my hair. But if I use enough, this gives a nice lather and it rinses clean -- no residue or coated feeling in the hair afterwards.

I'll definitely be picking this up again, and I'll be trying more from this line (I believe the line is called OGX now). I recommend this to anyone who likes minty scents in the shower, and anyone who needs a lilttle extra moisture in their their hair or scalp.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Oh how I love the scent of this.
It makes me so happy.
I wish the bottles were larger or the price less because it really does not do anything for my hair other than smell good.
I would still buy this maybe just once a year when I want to take a long hot shower and have a little treat and unwind but because there is no benefit to my hair, the bottles are so small, and my hair very very long, I have no other use for this but to make my senses happy and it does lol

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Naturelover17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have long curly hair and this product works wonders. Removes build up and leaves my hair feeling fresh. I love the scent as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Becky12

I have a bob right now that is a few inches above my shoulders. My hair is super straight and tends to be on the oily side. I only have to condition maybe twice a week. I usually go for volumizing shampoos, nothing with heavy moisture.

I LOVE this shampoo. It smells so wonderful and makes my hair soft and manageable.. way better than my normal Dove shampoo. This is a good balance for me between cleansing and moisturizing. I've been using it for 2 months now and my boyfriend seriously loves it as well- the tea tree oils and mint just feel so good on your scalp.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2014 3:57:00 AM More reviews by Kryztal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This shampoo wouldn't clean my hair. I have really long thick hair and no matter how many times I washed it or how much I used my hair always looked greasy and felt dirty.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by texasbeautyaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used this product (and its matching conditioner) for about half a year. I have tried the other ones as well.

The tea tree mint shampoo for me is best served as a clarifying shampoo. I personally love the scent (reminds me of mint chocolate chip), and am not bothered by it.

Then again, I also love mint chocolate chip ice cream, so that may have something to do with it.

It does leave my hair dry after use, but it also removes build up fairly well. I think there are better shampoos out there (for the same price) with equally pleasant scents that do a better job, but until I find one I will continue to use this one. I use this one once a week as I use a lot of pomades and wax products.

I have short hair, so that may be why this shampoo is tolerable for me. Judging by the other reviews, if you have curly hair or medium to long hair this is likely not the shampoo for you.

3/5 - not amazing, but not bad either.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by qualovrquan

I purchased this product because I love the smell of mint, but I found this shampoo's scent overwhelmingly heady and sweet. Prior to purchasing this product I had used Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Lavender Mint Shampoo, therefore, I was anticipating a similar cooling, mint-y scent that tingles the scalp. The packaging is bulky which I do not prefer, either, yet was willing to give it a try for the listed ingredients. It is not a bad product as it does its job. My hair is clean and smells acceptable. If you prefer a sweeter smelling shampoo with a subdued mint-y scent, Organix Tea Tree Mint Shampoo is for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This shampoo does a terrific job of cleansing the hair without stripping it. One word of caution is the fragrance. This smells strongly of mint, almost like mint chocolate chip ice cream, and the scent lingers. Although I like the smell, I know tastes can runs differently as far as fragrance goes. So, if you don't like the smell of mint, you won't like this shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

I picked this up at Walmart for about $5 after looking for something with tea tree oil in it for my itchy scalp and dandruff. I can't use head and shoulders because it leaves the crown of my head greasy from product buildup. I love the smell and the tingly feeling it gives me when I use it!! It's perfect to wake up to in the morning when I'm half asleep. It doesn't stop the flaking but I do really enjoy the smell and feeling of this shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love Organix products! I alternate between this one and the Repairing Awapuhi Ginger Shampoo & Conditioner. I like both about the same, so it really just depends on which lovely scent I'm in the mood for. My hair is very thick, wavy and slightly coarse and I find that this shampoo cleans it very well without stripping it of its moisture. Out of all the Organix variations I've tried, I find that this one lathers the best, which is a definite plus. My scalp is sensitive and prone to dryness and flaking, and I find that the tea tree and mint are particularly kind and soothing. It smells lovely and rinses out clean. The matching conditioner is great too.