October 22, 2014 | 1169 users online

Gels/Soaps - L'Occitane - 20% Shea Butter Soap

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Disintigratedwoman

I love L'Occitane and decided to try this after it was recommended to me by the saleslady. I have just finished the smaller bar and can say that I find it less moisturizing than a much cheaper Dove bar. I'm not a huge fan of the scent and it left my skin feeling slightly tight- not at all soft like I would have imagined it to be. the only good thing about this soap is that it lasts for an incredible amount of time. I would barely have to swipe it against my face cloth for it to create enough of a lather for my whole body. Considering how expensive this soap was and the quality I expected, I was disappointed overall and won't be purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by amitayumi

my boyfriend have been suffering from thousands of acne on his back..we try use alot of soap but nothing works. ..as i use l'occitane products for my skin routines...i give it a try to purchasing this soap...but because i prefer shower gel than bar soap..so my boyfriend ended use it. ..but surprisingly after 3 days 75% of his acne dry and after 2 weeks all acnes completely dry..now he been using this for 2 month. ..no new acnes appear and the old scars colours slowly dissappear :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by AllyDean

Very surprised that this was sooo disappointing!
It left my skin feeling dry - like I had sprayed deodorant all over my skin. It also left A LOT of soap scum all over the shower floor. Those with white tiles most likely won't notice, but I have grey tiles so it was very obvious. I spent AUS$8 and the fact that it was L'Occitane, I thought I would be getting a better product - so quite disappointing.

Otherwise, the smell was lovely and it lathered very easily - but I can tell it will run out easily too because of that (and since it's a small size).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Simonieeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Love this soap ! I got many of LO'ccitane shea butter soaps of 50g and 100g as gifts. This shea butter soap lathers up really well, the bubbles that foaming up is rich, milky and smooth. This soap leaves my skin squeaky clean and smooth without dryout out my skin after rinsing off. Really relaxing and great to use as a pamper in the night. Love both the Verbena and Milk scents. A great alternative when you don't want to use showel gel.

Each one of this 100g soap costs RM21.00. It is quite expensive for a soap. I still have some so I will not repurchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Pauser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love a luxurious bar of soap. I've always wanted to try L'Occitane's and recently bought a bar of the Milk soap. My first impression was the large size made it difficult to hold in one hand. It has a mild, pleasant scent that is not overwhelming (I don't like strongly scented soaps). I wish it had a richer lather. (DHC's Q-10 Body Soap lathers like a body wash - nothing else comes close.) Overall, I liked this soap but probably wouldn't buy it again. I have bought similar quality soap at Big Lots and Tuesday Morning for a lot less.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by ketu86

Being a l'occitane fan I was eager to try out this soap bar. I don't usually use soap bars and got this as part of a package with some other l'occitane products at a discounted price. The packaging and shape of the soap is really nice. It has a nice light scent and lathers up quite nicely. It didn't leave my skin feeling as soft as I had expected, I know soaps generally don't do much for my skin but I had expected more from l'occitane and the smell doesn't linger on the skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2012 7:14:00 AM More reviews by misscocktail

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not really a soap bar fan, I prefer shower gels/creams. But I just can't help myself when I see and smell the lovely old fashionned soaps at L'Occitane. It gives me that nostalgic feeling of my grandmothers bathroom, always smelling "soapy" and I loved the way she prepared my baths when I was a little girl. :)
This soap is really nice and gives good moisture, but as I always have with soap bars, it leaves my skin a bit parched after drying. I use a good body cream to cover this feeling. I will still continue to use up this bar as I love how it feels on my skin and I'm addicted to the scent!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this yesterday as a mother's day present to myself to justify spending NZ$19 on a big bar of soap as I was hanging out to try it. I purchased the lavender bar as I loved the smell and was hoping it would fragrance my skin also and help me sleep a little better (I'm 7 months pregnant and sleep isn't coming easily anymore) . I was disappointed that the smell did not linger at all. It built up a nice lather and didn't completely strip my skin nor did it leave a film. The bar will last for a long time but it is very difficult to wield at the moment unless you have massive man hands! Not going to repuchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 3:21:00 AM More reviews by desertraisin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This soap is the only bath soap we buy at home. My husband who doesn't use any moisturizer uses this soap for his showers and this is the only one that doesn't cause itchy dryness. It lathers wonderfully and although the price is on the higher side ($10/8.8oz) the bar lasts quite a bit and works wonderfully.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by dezzilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

$10/8.8 oz. Not too bad. I got the lavender scented bar and love it. The lathers are very creamy and dense. It doesn't leave my skin drying at all.