L'Occitane 20% Shea Butter Soap

on 3/11/2015 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I've been using this soap for over ten years. It's the only one I can use all over - I mean all over - without dryness or irritation. Every time I'm tempted by another soap, I regret it. It's gotten to the point where I even bought L'Occitane's ridiculously overpriced little tin so I could take the soap with me when I travel.

So, yes. Love the stuff. Have bought it again and again and will continue to do so. Only choice: which scent to buy this time? And really, they all smell lovely.

on 3/11/2015 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Im in love with this range of soaps....all of them - the shea butter, lavender & verbena equally.
I really like how subtle they smell & how easily they lather up. They clean extremely well & leave your skin squeaky clean ie. no residue remaining like cheaper soap. You really feel like you've had a good clean after using.
Yes its pricey but it lasts pretty long considering its size.
I highly recommend this brand.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Totally disappointed in this. I wanted to treat myself to something nice since I love natural soaps, so I went and got myself this product that I've been flirting with for quite a while already. I loved the packaging, I loved that barely there scent, and was pretty certain that I would love the product itself, too. Right after washing my hands I virtually needed to run to my hand cream and felt like I needed to bathe my hands in it, since this soap totally stripped my skin of any moisture. Even after generously applying cream my hands still feel horrible. They feel really tight, as if I'd put on a really strong hand sanitizer. At one point my hands actually started to itch, that's how dried out they were. This is a joke since there's shea butter in it and the sales person went on and on about how amazing this is for dry skin. Yup, amazingly shitty! I don't usually spend seven bucks (that's how much it costs in Switzerland where I'm currently at) on a bar of soap, but I was hopeful that it was gonna be worth it. I mean I wasn't expecting it to do some magic tricks, but please don't make my hands feel shittier than they felt before. Seriously the worst soap I've ever used. I'm considering to not even finish it and just throw it out, that's how much I hate it. I'm not really familiar with L'Occitane other than having tried out their Shea Butter hand cream (that also didn't seem to do much), but I'm wondering whether their prices are actually for the hype and the pretty packagings, and not the products themselves. In no way is this product worth its cost. Stay away if you have dry skin. Just feels yucky.

on 2/16/2015 9:34:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I love this soap. It makes my skin squeaky clean but not dry. The lather is very soft and creamy. I love the smell too, especially the verbena one. The lavender and milk soaps smell great too. Too bad it's so expensive. Luckily it lasts longer than the average soaps. Will always repurchase, but have to alternate with cheaper soaps.

I love L'Occitane and decided to try this after it was recommended to me by the saleslady. I have just finished the smaller bar and can say that I find it less moisturizing than a much cheaper Dove bar. I'm not a huge fan of the scent and it left my skin feeling slightly tight- not at all soft like I would have imagined it to be. the only good thing about this soap is that it lasts for an incredible amount of time. I would barely have to swipe it against my face cloth for it to create enough of a lather for my whole body. Considering how expensive this soap was and the quality I expected, I was disappointed overall and won't be purchasing again.

on 10/17/2014 2:00:00 PM

my boyfriend have been suffering from thousands of acne on his back..we try use alot of soap but nothing works. ..as i use l'occitane products for my skin routines...i give it a try to purchasing this soap...but because i prefer shower gel than bar soap..so my boyfriend ended use it. ..but surprisingly after 3 days 75% of his acne dry and after 2 weeks all acnes completely dry..now he been using this for 2 month. ..no new acnes appear and the old scars colours slowly dissappear :)

on 6/26/2014 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very surprised that this was sooo disappointing!
It left my skin feeling dry - like I had sprayed deodorant all over my skin. It also left A LOT of soap scum all over the shower floor. Those with white tiles most likely won't notice, but I have grey tiles so it was very obvious. I spent AUS$8 and the fact that it was L'Occitane, I thought I would be getting a better product - so quite disappointing.

Otherwise, the smell was lovely and it lathered very easily - but I can tell it will run out easily too because of that (and since it's a small size).

on 5/11/2014 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Love this soap ! I got many of LO'ccitane shea butter soaps of 50g and 100g as gifts. This shea butter soap lathers up really well, the bubbles that foaming up is rich, milky and smooth. This soap leaves my skin squeaky clean and smooth without dryout out my skin after rinsing off. Really relaxing and great to use as a pamper in the night. Love both the Verbena and Milk scents. A great alternative when you don't want to use showel gel.

Each one of this 100g soap costs RM21.00. It is quite expensive for a soap. I still have some so I will not repurchase again.

on 5/6/2013 9:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

I love a luxurious bar of soap. I've always wanted to try L'Occitane's and recently bought a bar of the Milk soap. My first impression was the large size made it difficult to hold in one hand. It has a mild, pleasant scent that is not overwhelming (I don't like strongly scented soaps). I wish it had a richer lather. (DHC's Q-10 Body Soap lathers like a body wash - nothing else comes close.) Overall, I liked this soap but probably wouldn't buy it again. I have bought similar quality soap at Big Lots and Tuesday Morning for a lot less.

on 3/4/2013 2:58:00 PM

Being a l'occitane fan I was eager to try out this soap bar. I don't usually use soap bars and got this as part of a package with some other l'occitane products at a discounted price. The packaging and shape of the soap is really nice. It has a nice light scent and lathers up quite nicely. It didn't leave my skin feeling as soft as I had expected, I know soaps generally don't do much for my skin but I had expected more from l'occitane and the smell doesn't linger on the skin.