April 17, 2014 | 1911 users online

Gels/Soaps - L'Occitane - 20% Shea Butter Soap

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Pauser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love a luxurious bar of soap. I've always wanted to try L'Occitane's but have a hard time justifying spending so much on one bar of soap. However, we were in Atlantic City, I won some money and decided to go shopping. My first impression was the large size made it difficult to hold in one hand. It has a mild, pleasant scent that is not overwhelming (I don't like strongly scented soaps). I wish it had a richer lather. (DHC's Q-10 Body Soap lathers like a body wash - nothing else comes close.) Overall, I liked this soap but probably wouldn't buy it again. I have bought similar quality soap at Big Lots and Tuesday Morning for about a third of the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by ketu86

Being a l'occitane fan I was eager to try out this soap bar. I don't usually use soap bars and got this as part of a package with some other l'occitane products at a discounted price. The packaging and shape of the soap is really nice. It has a nice light scent and lathers up quite nicely. It didn't leave my skin feeling as soft as I had expected, I know soaps generally don't do much for my skin but I had expected more from l'occitane and the smell doesn't linger on the skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2012 7:14:00 AM More reviews by misscocktail

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not really a soap bar fan, I prefer shower gels/creams. But I just can't help myself when I see and smell the lovely old fashionned soaps at L'Occitane. It gives me that nostalgic feeling of my grandmothers bathroom, always smelling "soapy" and I loved the way she prepared my baths when I was a little girl. :)
This soap is really nice and gives good moisture, but as I always have with soap bars, it leaves my skin a bit parched after drying. I use a good body cream to cover this feeling. I will still continue to use up this bar as I love how it feels on my skin and I'm addicted to the scent!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this yesterday as a mother's day present to myself to justify spending NZ$19 on a big bar of soap as I was hanging out to try it. I purchased the lavender bar as I loved the smell and was hoping it would fragrance my skin also and help me sleep a little better (I'm 7 months pregnant and sleep isn't coming easily anymore) . I was disappointed that the smell did not linger at all. It built up a nice lather and didn't completely strip my skin nor did it leave a film. The bar will last for a long time but it is very difficult to wield at the moment unless you have massive man hands! Not going to repuchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 3:21:00 AM More reviews by desertraisin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This soap is the only bath soap we buy at home. My husband who doesn't use any moisturizer uses this soap for his showers and this is the only one that doesn't cause itchy dryness. It lathers wonderfully and although the price is on the higher side ($10/8.8oz) the bar lasts quite a bit and works wonderfully.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by dezzilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

$10/8.8 oz. Not too bad. I got the lavender scented bar and love it. The lathers are very creamy and dense. It doesn't leave my skin drying at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 4:07:00 AM More reviews by Thena

Such a lovely soap. It is not harsh on the skin, and I do not feel it strips my first layer of my skin like some commercial soaps do. I like the scent as well, very mild and traditional. I have decided to switch to soaps from gels completely because they travel better, last longer, and usually do not contain SLS. I got the 100g bar for 3 Euros in France, and it is worth it since it will last awhile. I can't imagine how long the 250 would last me since a little daily soap can go a long way. Recommended for drier skin types for those who want to use traditional bar soaps.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by akc5219

I love this soap! I always buy the big honking bar, for $10.00 it's a way better value than it's smaller counterpart. I love the smell, oh the smell!! It's wonderful. I love how it foams and lathers, it's so luxurious! It cleans my body perfectly without stripping. I'm on my 20th (or something close to it) bar, and a bar lasts for ever!! I never let myself run out because other soaps just don't measure up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 12:24:00 PM More reviews by ChristmasMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a wonderful soap. I started with the Mistral Shea Butter Soaps but I tired of the fragrances they had. I wanted something completely neutral. This L'Occitane soap seems to be just about the same as the Mistral soaps in its cleansing and moisturizing properties, but there is little scent to bother me.

I've used many bars of this. It lasts about 5 weeks with daily heavy use. I could even use it on my sensitive, dryness prone legs.

I've since switched to using Kiss My Face Unscented Moisture Shave for my legs, but my L'Occitane remains in the shower for body use.

Highly recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 5:00:00 AM More reviews by erica_74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Let me start by saying that I have very dry, sensitive body skin. My face is combination, to the dry side, also sensitive, with an occasional every other month minor break out (a pimple or so) but clog prone.

This is a very gentle bar of soap. I used it on my body, the scent while in the shower was very "soapy" then it disappeared completely. Left my skin more moisturised than the average shower gel. Was just ok.

Then I decided I could try it on my face (since it is marketed as a face bar also), after the cleansing oil I use (MAC or L'occitane or mix of olive and castor oil). For the first 3 days it was all good. But afterwards it clogged my face and gave me breakouts!!!!! Never again.

Just think twice before you decide to use it on your face.