August 30, 2014 | 1569 users online

Makeup Brushes - Essence of Beauty - Blender brush

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by glitterdarla

I bought this brush with high hopes. It does work really well, i used it like a stipple brush and the circular motion to blend my foundation out. Looking closer there were brush hairs all stuck in my foundation. I washed the brush in hopes that the loose hairs would come out but it just kept shedding. I returned the item for another and the same thing happened.

I will not be buying from this company again.

Also it must differ from place to place the brush pictured is not the same brush i bought, mine is black handled.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a shame. My relationship with this brush started out so great. I bought this rather impusively at CVS whilst looking for a good contouring brush. For the first week, it did pretty well, got right into the hollows of my cheeks and blended pretty nicely. Tried using it for the sides of my forehead, didn't work out, but I use the ELF Complexion brush for that anyways. I was just looking for brush small but dense enough to get into the hollows of my cheeks.
After a week I gently washed and reshaped it. It took two days to completely dry and then...it was a completely different brush. No denisty, no contouring ability, nothing. I'm baffled. I'm gentle as can be when washing and reshaping my brushes and have never had this happen. Try as I might, I can't get it back to it's old shape and density. Oh well. back to CVS it goes, and I continue the search for the perfect contouring brush

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by whoremoans

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It's not a bad blender brush, but it didn't make me fall in love.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush did not work for me at all. It would shed and the bristles were rough. Eventually it broke and I threw it away. Even when I see them in the store, I want to throw them all away!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by bluedestiny4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! I was looking for a brush similar to a stippling brush, but one that wouldn't stain like one and one that was shorter. I finally found it in this one. I have been using EoB brushes for years and I have been very happy with the way that they apply my makeup. I use this brush to apply my liquid foundation in a stipple and swirl application method and it works wonderfully. It spreads and blends my foundation lovely and doesn't make it look cakey. Plus, it cleans well. If anything were to happen to this brush, I would definitely by this brush again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by starfirelena

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My friend had this brush and I tried it at her house. I LOVED it. So we went out to buy me one. I got it and I use it to set my foundation with powder. It was great, a couple fallouts here and there. Then, I washed it and about half of the brush hairs shed on me. I'm not even kidding. I tested the density of it and it is definitely a noticeable difference. Now my brush is no longer used and it's super flimsy.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2011 4:45:00 AM More reviews by Telly90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like using this product to blend out my contour, blush, and highlight. My problem is the farrell (sp?) came off of the handle. I could just glue it back on, but I'd rather buy a product that doesn't fall apart.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by wagashi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this brush so much I have 2 of it. I don't know what other reviewers expected of this brush but I'll explain how I use it and why I like it. I use it every morning to apply pressed powder over foundation or just over sunscreen. Then I also use it to spot-apply MUFE HD powder over the large pores on my cheeks. This brush is so perfect for this. Because it's very dense the powder applies very evenly and opaquely (I like my pressed powder to go on more opaque as it eliminates the need to use concealer). And also because it's flat it deposits the HD powder right into my huge pores so that they're nice and covered/filled up. I prefer doing it this way to using a silicone-based primer on my pores because primers break me out like nobody's business. I also really like how small the head of the brush is because I have a tiny face and bigger brushes just put powder EVERYWHERE. I find the bristles to be beautiful and soft and haven't had any issues with shedding. I do think this brush is a steal for this quality (only 7 or 8 bucks at CVS). Would repurchase again and again!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2011 2:28:00 AM More reviews by ashpie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hate this brush. It is almost too dense to blend anything in. Maybe my technique is bad, I dunno, but when I try to blend in my blush it takes a heck of a lot more effort than I think it should. It gets the job done, just not as well and quick as I would like it to. Also, the bristles are falling out. I'm so disappointed because I had high hopes for this but, but eh. Not buying again, thinking of just chucking it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by apabbott

I tried to use this brush for different techniques for bronzer, powder, foundation, etc. but never really loved it for any of those things. To top it off this brush shed like crazy! I took very good care of it and cleaned it regularly with great care. It shed like crazy the first time I used it. Then it seemed to calm down a little and be okay for a while. That didn't last long. Hairs were coming out every time and were stuck all over my face. This is my 3rd EoB brush, and they all have shedding. I own several cheaper brushes from Revlon, SK, EcoTools, etc. but these are the worst.