December 18, 2014 | 1809 users online

Lip Gloss - Bare Escentuals - buxom lipgloss in Kanani

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by lilyclaark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am going to start off by saying that most of the time I stay as far away from pink lipsticks and glosses as possible. I do not know what it is about me, possibly the shade of my skin tone, but whenever I try to wear pink on my lips I look like I am trying way too hard. Pink is so unflattering on me, but because I am young (16 years old) I always get wrapped into pink lip glosses since my friends all wear pink.
I can pull off purples, reds/oranges, and nudes. But like I previously explained never pinks. However, I became very interested in this gloss after watching a Lisbug makeup tutorial on Youtube, where in the video she uses this gloss. She describes it as "the perfect pink that isn't too overwhelming". It looked great on her, and although we literally look nothing alike, I just knew the gloss would look good on me.
Maybe it is because I buy most makeup at the drugstore, but I found it hard to spend over $15 on lip gloss. Thankfully, I was in Michigan so I was able to purchase it for around $19 because in Canada it is $23.
I was so excited that I finally bought it and I found that the box was so cute! I love how they name the different lip glosses and have different girls on them. The design was just gorgeous so I actually kept the box it came in! The actually lip gloss packaging itself was pretty ordinary, nothing too special. I've had it for a couple months now and the writing has started to come off a little bit, but I don't really care.
It really is the perfect shade of pink. It looks good on me, which says a lot. It is not so overwhelming that it can't be used in an everyday look, but it also is not bland. It has a subtle pop of colour and I really like to play up the lips if I am doing a neutral eye.
It smells like cookies, a very sweet, but again, subtle smell. The lip gloss glides on, the one thing that I have to say is the formula is a bit sticky. I do not find that a problem, I have never tried a lip gloss that hasn't been a little sticky. Although that probably means I don't buy the best quality lip gloss. Who knows.
It is a long lasting lip gloss, doesn't budge from your lips for at least three hours, which is enough for me. *Warning: I am easily impressed.
Too sum it all up, I love this lip gloss because it is the perfect pink colour. When I run out or if I lose it (I tear up just even thinking about that) then I will without a doubt go out and buy another one. I hope that Bare Escentuals never discontinues this colour, literally just so gorgeous and I would truly mourn over it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by lilipusion

I've been wanting to try this lip gloss out for a while! The first time I saw this was while I was on Youtube watching Lisbug. She was using this gorgeous pink colour and when I looked into what she was using, I found out she was using this colour! Ever since I've been pretty obsessed.
I was a little critical with the price, I won't even break the bank to buy foundation at this price, but I wanted the lip gloss so badly that I just bought it. The money was well spent.
I've only had the gloss for a day or two, but I'm already in love with it.
The colour comes out BEAUTIFUL. It has some purply undertones, but on the lips it looks more pink and natural. I noticed that I did not have to continue to reapply this lip gloss, I put it on around lunch time, and it lasted till around dinner. The smell is sweet, but it is not overwhelmingly sweet!
The packaging is really cute, I actually kept the box it came in because it's so cute! The lip applicator isn't anything special, but it's a good brush!
The only con, is that the consistency is a little bit sticky. But I barely notice it, I just thought I would point it out just in case!
With this lip gloss, you can pretty much wear it in any sort of occasion. I tend to stay away from pinks, but this lip colour just works really well with my skin colour and hair.
Overall, I gave it a four out of five and will definitely be buying it when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by buxomaddict

I absolutely LOVE this MLBB strawberry- pink shade of Buxom Lip Polish. Candi used to be my go-to color, but now that it has been discontinued, Kanani is my #1. Kanani is the perfect everyday lip gloss that looks great on everyone. I can't go a day without it! definitely recommend this beautiful product! Bare Escentuals- please don't discontinue this one too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this gloss! It is the perfect pink gloss for my NW45 skin tone. I've actually already replaced this as I love to wear it to work and for play;) Very beautiful gloss with a bit of shimmer that makes your lips look very kissable. I'm definitely a gloss girl so this is everything! Feels cool when you first put it on but that subsides after a bit. I will continue to purchase this again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by justwishin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've seen this described below as a coral pink, but no, this is a VERY blue-based pink. It is more of a sheer fuschia, really. I'm fair with neutral undertones, and this pulled fairly purple on me...too cool-toned for me to wear and I can usually wear cool shades. I prefer the color Candi from this line, which is a slightly warmer pink. FYI, on the Sephora website, it looks like they got the swatches for these two colors mixed up. Candi is definitely the more "coral" of the two colors in real life, though on Sephora's site it looks like a cool fuschia pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by archgurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this gloss. It plumps lips slightly, but not to the point of making them irritated and tingle too much. Kanani is a perfect pink that gives you a little more than a hint of color and overall brightens up my appearance. I've worn this with a full face of makeup and with just a bit of concealer; it does not look underdone with a full face or overdone with just concealer. It has a better smell and texture than Chanel Glossimer, which was my go-to gloss prior to this. It has less of a plastic/chemical scent, but is not overly fruity or perfumed. I'm very satisfied with my purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by chocaddict1602

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of my favourite lipglosses! I love the warm pink color and I imagine it would be flattering on most skintones.
In terms of plumping this baby really works. The tingling sensation takes a little getting used to though because it's quite strong but not unpleasant.
It also has a surprisingly good staying power for a lipgloss.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by NCBrowneyyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this lipgloss in Kanani, as well as Melonie which is in the "tint" collection. They aren't my favorite, but I love them all the same. I generally only wear these when I'm going out someplace special or dressing up - they aren't an "everyday" lipgloss, at least not for me.

The formula is pretty tacky. It's not full-on sticky, but it's not vaseline either. However, the plus side of the tackiness is that it stays - I mean really stays. It doesn't have a strong scent at all, and has a VERY slight minty taste. When you first put it on it tingles - almost burns, but that is a result of the plumper. Plumping wise, it works. I did notice that my lips were bigger after putting it on, which is awesome because most products advertise that they "plump", but I have found very few that actually make good on their promise. Buxom delivers, which I appreciate because if I buy a plumper, I want it to actually work. The con about this plumper though is that I find that I get reddish around my lipline. It does go away in about 10-15 minutes, but still kind of annoying until it does.

The colors are true. Kanani is a coral-y pink. I am fair skinned and it's the perfect shade. I also have Melonie in the tints line, it is a very bright watermelon pink in the tube. I was expecting it to go on a more muted pink because it's a "tint", but It's true when you put it on also - very bright. I find it too bright for my liking, so I only wear it occasionally.

The packaging could be better - I hate that after carrying it in your purse for a while, the silver lettering fades. That's a major pet peeve of mine, because the gloss starts to look old and yucky, but in reality you've only had it a few weeks! Also, I hate wand applicators, but these are especially bad because they have a brush on the end as opposed to a sponge tip. It makes applying the gloss very difficult - the main reason I don't consider this an everyday, on the go gloss. I do however like the "chrome" finish top - it doesn't get scratched up like some "chrome" finishes do. As you can tell, the packaging is important to me. I want pretty gloss, but I also want it to look cute while I'm putting it on too!

I only give this 3 lippies because its not easy to apply and the formula is too tacky for my taste. However, the colors highly pigmented and it really does plump - if plumping is what you're after, this is by far the best I have tried. $18 is kind of expensive, but I will buy these again when I run out to keep as my "special" gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by daxisaurus

This is my absolute favorite lipgloss! This color is so bright in the tube but goes on to be the perfect pink on my lips. The wear time is very good for a gloss, about 3 hours without eating or drinking. This is a little on the expensive side, but the quality is excellent and lasts for a long time. I love that there's not so much shimmer or glitter in this, nor does it make my lips look like vinyl. It's just the perfect gloss!
I love to wear this when I'm having a lazy makeup day; just gloss and some concealer where it's needed and I'm ready to go!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by helloimkristin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BEST lipgloss ever!!!! The tingle takes a bit to get used to but its not uncomfortable- more refreshing. The color is coral-pink, looks awesome against my fair skin. It is a little tacky feeling when its first put on, but once you wear it a few minutes, its fine. Love love love this gloss and I will never buy another!