Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Body Oil Spray

3.4

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Awesome!! I luv MUA because I was able to search thru EL scents & find ones I hasn't heard of, hence this, bought it & am so in luv..... Will def be looking into getting an EDT & lotion form.

on 11/19/2012 10:03:00 AM

One that Grows on You!

I first bought this spray oil several years back. I was intrigued by the accords and reviews. When I got it home and tried it I was sorely disapointed. I did not wear it for a year or more.

I came back for another try this year and I've completely changed my mind on this fragrance. It's mature, sultry, beachy...wonderful. Perhaps when I first tried it I was expecting more 'Miami Glow'...more coconut and vanilla. This scent isn't like that at all, it's not sweet and beachy. It's more sand and sun and AMBER beachy. Like suntan lotion for adults. I've not tried the actual perfume, just the dry oil so I can't compare the two.

If you're looking for a summer/beach type scent that's 'beachy' but mature and not over sweetened, give this one a try : )

on 4/2/2012 11:02:00 PM

I am in love with this smell. It is so summery and unique. If you are looking for a signature smell that isnt generic and "perfumey" this is it! Every time i wear it people comment on how nice i smell. Very long lasting sometimes i can even smell it after a days wearing and a shower! definitely buy again!

on 3/4/2011 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Once again, I'm not liking a product that most everyone seems to love. The Bronze Goddess Body Oil Spray does not like me at all. I purchased it over the internet, and did not like it from the get go. To me it stinks. Plain and simple. I'm guessing it's the sandlewood or amber notes in it. I went to a store to try the other Bronze Goddess types. To me, they all smell the same. It is a harsh blend of coconut, lime, sandlewood and amber. I love coconut and lime, but in this it is overshadowed by sandlewood. I'm not young, and I guess back in my hippie days I did not like any sandlewood incense either. It does not soften on my skin. It just keeps hitting me with an annoying scent. I would not repurchase.

Update: I just sold it on Ebay.

on 8/14/2010 4:38:00 PM

This smells horrible. It reminds me of a dirty beach smell and now it won't come off my skin after trying to wash it off 3 times.

on 3/11/2010 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Bronze Goddess smells like coming home from the beach. Your hair is wet and matted from the wind and waves. Your skin is salty and sun-warmed, still smelling faintly of sand and sweet coconut tanning oil. Estee Lauder has nailed this summer memory and bottled it up at a very reasonable price. I have tried both the skinscent and the body oil; they smell very similar to each other. If there is any difference, I'd say the skinscent is slightly sweeter, and the oil smells richer, but both are extremely light and wearable.

Living in a humid climate, I don't usually want to put oil on my skin, but this a "dry" oil which sinks in quickly and moisturizes without any heaviness. The glass bottle is lovely, but glass + oily hands = slippage. Probably the safest way to apply this is to leave the bottle on the counter top and just pump some into your hands, since you're going to rub it into your skin anyway. For a real treat, rub this on your arms, legs, shoulders and chest after a shower. It locks in moisture and leaves your skin soft and delicately scented.

By the way, if it's not clear from my review, I just love this stuff. I bought a bottle unsniffed from EL online, and liked it so much that I ran out the next day to get my mother a bottle for her birthday. I might have to buy the edp, too, since it's limited edition.

on 6/23/2009 9:24:00 AM

It smells like a mixture of Raid and coconut, very artificial and boring scent. Won't repurchase, sold mine on Ebay.

on 5/20/2009 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm obviously in the minority but I just don't think it lived up to the hype:( I didn't mind the texture, since it really wasn't very "oily" but the scent left a lot to be desired--it didn't scream Bronze Goddess, that's for sure! It just basically smelled like suntaning lotion--no better, no worse. It was also very faint and nearly dissappeared as soon as I had put it on. Not worth the $$ IMO, but perhaps the perfume is better?? *crosses fingers*

on 4/14/2009 10:45:00 PM

This smells absolutely delicious! I can't quite pinpoint every single note, but what definitely comes to the top is the coconut. Nothing better than smelling like the beach when it's dreary outside! To me, this oil smells like the best suntan lotion ever created. It reminds me of the beach every single time I wear it. I smooth it on my legs so the scent rises throughout the day. Make sure it is rubbed in well or else it can get very messy! I find that this lasts and lasts through the day because it is an oil which prevents it from wearing away easily. I get compliments on this no matter when I wear it. I love putting it on in the winter to remind me of warm, gorgeous sunny days of summer! I love that EL re-released this for 2009, because I regretted not getting a backup last year! I am by no means going to run out of my first bottle any time soon - this stuff lasts! Only a little bit is needed to reach the desired effect. I like putting this on my wrists, inner elbows, behind ears and behind neck - lasts for hours! Definitely recommend this for anyone who loves coconut and anything beachy scented!

on 4/11/2009 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I prefer the eau fraiche skinscent to this. I cannot smell this on my skin, and I don't like the way the oil feels on my skin. I would rather have the skinscent, as it is the strongest formulation of the three products (skinscent, body oil, and lotion) and lasts the longest. At the time of this review, it is $32 for 3.4 oz.

Popular Body Skincare Products