Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Eau Fraīche Skinscent

4.1

on 8/9/2015 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the epitome of summer in a bottle for me. It isn't too heavy and it has pretty decent longevity on my skin. I am considering getting the body oil to see how well it pairs with it. I also bought this randomly and glad I did since I think it smells wonderful. I pick up the Coppertone notes, but it is not the only thing that stands out to me. There is a creamy accord in there somewhere. I would buy again.

on 7/29/2015 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My favorite summer scent of all times. Smells like the night after all day at the beach. Great for layering with other scents too, this one is a must have👍

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I want to live the life that this fragrance makes me feel like I'm living when I wear it...which is to say that of a wealthy aristocratic socialite sunning on yachts and exclusive beaches. To me this smells like sun-warmed skin that has been layered with expensive tanning oil and a lovely solar floral perfume. I find it to be well-blended and it really does remind one of a tropical vacation, but in a sophisticated way (not like a B&BW kind of tropical.)

This was actually a blind buy for me. I had never smelled any of the previous iterations of this perfume, but I took the chance based on reviews and I am very happy I did. (I bought the 2015 version, fwiw.) It does seem to fade rather quickly and requires reapplication after a few hours, but I think with a summer fragrance that isn't necessarily a bad thing, and I feel it is priced accordingly (as in, it's reasonable for an Estee Lauder fragrance, but it would be nice if it were even more affordable). I am tempted to buy another bottle because I love it that much. I will probably buy the coordinating body cream first, but the limited edition nature of this makes me panicky. ;)

Overall I'd give this fragrance 8/10, with the main "negative" being its lack of staying power. I feel this is a safe blind buy because it could appeal to many different fragrance audiences, from gourmand to floral. I will buy again! Love love love!

7.29.15 ETA: So infatuated with this fragrance - the scent itself is 10/10 for me, just wish it lasted longer on my skin. Also just purchased the coordinating Whipped Body Creme and it smells perfectly like the yummy drydown of the perfume - amazing! I want to hoard backups of this stuff.

Best perfume I have ever had the pleasure to have taken a sniff of. LOVE!

on 1/15/2015 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the Holy Grail of perfume in my opinion. I've been using this since 2010 and I always get compliments when I wear it. It smells like the beach and Coppertone suntan lotion. LOVE LOVE LOVE this product...worth every penny!

on 1/10/2015 11:03:00 PM

Incredible Beachy scent. Loads of compliments.

on 11/12/2014 10:04:00 AM

I love this so much, I just wish that it wasn't a skinscent and was a perfume instead because I find it too watery and it smells cheap because of this. when I wear this I do get lots of compliments . if you like coconut and sunscreen then buy this and you'll probably love it but if your not into tropical smells don't bother because its a big bottle. I often layer this with other perfumes and it works better than wearing it by itself

on 9/16/2014 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT - After reading all the fantastic reviews I bought this thinking it would smell like a wonderful day at the beach – NOT to my nose. Maybe it’s just me, but this fragrance is nothing special and overhyped beyond all comprehension. This basically dries down to a weak smelling cheap coconut nothing. Totally don’t get all the rave reviews on this? I don’t smell anything but a really soft coconut smell that literally disappears in less than 10 minutes. You really can get more out of a $5 body spray than this.

on 5/22/2014 6:18:00 PM

I really wanted to love this after reading all the Rave's about it, but a total miss for me. Fragrances are so hard and individualized, but to me this smell reminded me of a bad perfume worn by an 80 year old woman mixed with coppertone sunscreen. BLAHHHH! Those of you worried about lasting power don't be, I couldn't make the scent go away. Lasted all day!

on 5/11/2014 7:42:00 AM

This is Summer in a bottle. It gives you an instant lift when you smell it. In one word I would describe it as Deeeeelicious!!!!! Well done EstƩe Lauder!!!

Popular Fragrances