Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Eau Fraīche Skinscent

4.1

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I completely loved the scent when I sprayed it on a scent strip in the store. I truly did. However after wearing it for a few hours it LEGIT started smelling like cat pee. At first I didn't realize it was the perfume and wondered where the stench came from. It finally hit me that it was me lol. The scent just doesn't work with my skin apparently.

I will always have a bottle of this. So good for day time and after work drinks

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this scent for summer! I am pretty sure that they change the scent slightly every time they launch their Bronze Goddess range. In 2014 I find that the scent it quite strong, however in 2015 I find that the scent is a lot lighter and sweeter.

I would recommend this scent for someone in their mid 20's, I find that this scent has quite a mature scent.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am reviewing the Rollerball version of Bronze Goddess. "skinscent" to me means "MSBB" (my skin but better), a kinda scent you smell when you lean in for a hug & get a heavenly whiff. So I like my perfumes to be a little less skinscent & more projecting but BG is plenty projected on me but I have to reapply quite often. I know your nose gets used to the scent but I relish reapplying this just for the pure joy of it. This is a youthful tropical hideaway of sun tan lotion, coconut, vanilla, pineapple, sunshine & sand dunes at dusk. The sun goes down, the night gets sexier, conversations get shorter, music gets louder, tropical drinks with dark rum & pineapple juice, coconutty as delish as your skin smells. The night awakens with the essence of the tropics in a bottle. A vacation in a spritz, it will always remind me of Jan/Feb 07 when I went to Maui. Good times!! I also lurve Bobbi Brown Beach but it is totally different. I am a "rebel" (haha!) in I wear these year 'round, smelling BG in winter is an unexpected delight! It does work the entire year even w snow on the ground. I will always have this in my stash.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

3.5
This was a blind buy based solely off of the reviews here. I'm glad it worked so well for so many of you...I was expecting something different, but this ain't bad.
I sort of like it. To me it is beachy, I suppose, with what I think are subtle hints of coconut, lime and salt at first spray. I get the citrus at first, but the entire thing is quickly replaced by what I can only describe as semi-artificial cherry-almond smell. Like Biscotti! Almost too sweet with so little spice or sharp flowers to balance it out. Thankfully that part does not last too long. About 30 mins after putting it on, it changes to a spicy, comfy, unisex type of smell and it remains that way. Reminds me of Old Spice? Guys could wear this too, IMO.
I give points for its originality. It's not awful by any means, and I'll use it up. But not what I was expecting or hoping for.
As far as wear I get 2-3 hours out of it before needing to reapply. Which is fine for a skinscent.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the epitome of summer in a bottle for me. It isn't too heavy and it has pretty decent longevity on my skin. I am considering getting the body oil to see how well it pairs with it. I also bought this randomly and glad I did since I think it smells wonderful. I pick up the Coppertone notes, but it is not the only thing that stands out to me. There is a creamy accord in there somewhere. I would buy again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My favorite summer scent of all times. Smells like the night after all day at the beach. Great for layering with other scents too, this one is a must have👍

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I want to live the life that this fragrance makes me feel like I'm living when I wear it...which is to say that of a wealthy aristocratic socialite sunning on yachts and exclusive beaches. To me this smells like sun-warmed skin that has been layered with expensive tanning oil and a lovely solar floral perfume. I find it to be well-blended and it really does remind one of a tropical vacation, but in a sophisticated way (not like a B&BW kind of tropical.)

This was actually a blind buy for me. I had never smelled any of the previous iterations of this perfume, but I took the chance based on reviews and I am very happy I did. (I bought the 2015 version, fwiw.) It does seem to fade rather quickly and requires reapplication after a few hours, but I think with a summer fragrance that isn't necessarily a bad thing, and I feel it is priced accordingly (as in, it's reasonable for an Estee Lauder fragrance, but it would be nice if it were even more affordable). I am tempted to buy another bottle because I love it that much. I will probably buy the coordinating body cream first, but the limited edition nature of this makes me panicky. ;)

Overall I'd give this fragrance 8/10, with the main "negative" being its lack of staying power. I feel this is a safe blind buy because it could appeal to many different fragrance audiences, from gourmand to floral. I will buy again! Love love love!

7.29.15 ETA: So infatuated with this fragrance - the scent itself is 10/10 for me, just wish it lasted longer on my skin. Also just purchased the coordinating Whipped Body Creme and it smells perfectly like the yummy drydown of the perfume - amazing! I want to hoard backups of this stuff.

Best perfume I have ever had the pleasure to have taken a sniff of. LOVE!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the Holy Grail of perfume in my opinion. I've been using this since 2010 and I always get compliments when I wear it. It smells like the beach and Coppertone suntan lotion. LOVE LOVE LOVE this product...worth every penny!

Popular Fragrances