August 28, 2014 | 1517 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Just Bitten

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by mirandahoang97

I just love the color that I purchased. It is in smitten which is a really nice color. It is tinted and it lasts all day. I just loved it and I've been using ever since it first came out. I don't know why there's so many bad reviews about it. But I will definitely recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by maewest54

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WHERE'S THE COLOR? IS IT SUPPOSED TO DRY OUT AFTER 3 APPLICATIONS?

OK--what am I doing wrong????? I've bought 3 of these, thinking the first 2 may have been defective. I used this product 3 times, & then...NO COLOR! Is there some kind of secret to getting the color to come up out of the tube? Do you dip it in water? Do you store it upside down? Do you put it in a pencil sharpener? WHAT'S THE DEAL??????
VERY disappointed! If anyone knows how to get more color after the first 3 applications, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! Until then, I remain...

..............SAD, FRUSTRATED, & THOROUGHLY DISAPPOINTED !

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Tiltyred

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for the product with the felt tip applicator at one end and the lip balm on the other end. AMAZING product. I don't care if it only lasts a week -- it's worth it. I bought Beloved/Adoration and it is a beautiful plum color. It went on easily with no fuss. It was dry after about a minute, and I put the balm over it and was amazed at how much richer the already very beautiful color looked. It stays on just like you put it on, no bleeding, no fading, no smudging. I think it's important you use the balm it came with -- I think that affects the performance of the product. Also realize that there is nothing enclosing that little stick of balm, which I thought was kind of odd. There's no clear tube or anything around the balm end, it's just ... a stick of balm. Anyway. Don't put too much pressure on that end, or scrape it with the cap, and you'll be fine, and this is so worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2012 2:56:00 AM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The color is "Forbidden/Interdiction" This is probably the most natural color I could find within this range of colors as it looks like the color of "lip" times 2 in intensity. I love these most of all as a lipliner as opposed to an allover lipstain. I will frequently use this color to ever so slightly over draw the lip contour and really give a sharp roundness to the cupids bow. I then fill in with a coordinating (natural rose-brown) color. I love the definition you can get with this felt tipped lipstain and stain it does as it stays on till the next day yet w/out drying the lips in the way transfer resistant lipsticks can do. It initially applies velvety smooth with the least amount of pressure. It just glides on for lack of a better word to describe. However, after a bit of time the tip seems to dry out and skip. If you use some pressure by holding the tip perpendiculr to your hand and use some pressure by pushig down quite hard and releasing (doing this 3 or 4 times) it eems to get things moving again. It's like a magic marker for your lips, but has the staying power of a "sharpie." I don't really like it as a lipstain/lipstick all over the lips-filled in entirely as the color just looks flat and kind of nowhere. It definiely needs the other gloss end applied over it once the initial color from the felt tip has set. Even the gloss wears off quite quickly and once again you are left with that falt color which is totally see through doing nothing to make the lips look like the beutiful texture a regular lipstick will give through it's pigments and smooth formula. This is why I mostly use it as a lipliner. It's an interesting take on transfer resistant through it's stain, it just does nothing to improve and make pretty the texture of pigmented lipsticks with it's ingredients which add a plumpness and luxury feeling and look to the lips. It's OK as a lipstick, but tremendous as a lipliner used in conjunction with a luxury lipstick.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2011 10:24:00 AM More reviews by kburnham

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in 'frenzy' because I loved the colour and wanted a lipsstain... I was looking for something that would stay on... how ever the product is terrible. It dried up and wore off so quickly, I found myself constantly reapplying. I also found the balm portion of it very waxy and it actually broke off after a few uses. I ended up throwing this out recently, it was a complete waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by BeautyQueenOfTheScene21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not the best lipstain, but it's not the worst either. It's the best I have tried, but from all the hype I was hoping for better ones that last longer. This lasts pretty good, about 5/6 hours. The color is very bright, also a plus. Very easy application, just wait until the stain dries to apply the balm.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by beautygale08

I love revlon products but i buy my products at Ulta beauty in macon. my review is long :) I just found this recently, I give it 5 because I because use this as a lip liner and stain so 2 for 1 deal and the price @ ulta 8.99 for one tube that's why I give it a 4. i have been using this for 7 weeks and it didn't dry out. the balm broke off and i am returning it tomarrow and I WILL NOT REPURCHSE

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Veronika138

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this lip stain and It didn't do much. The product was dry and since it's in a marker type of packing it looks like it would dry up really soon.
Might have to store it upside down. I think it's pretty expensive for a drug store .
Mine just could have been a defect.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by lmoss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I decided to give these a try since I've been curious about them for quite some time. I scooped up 2 at Walgreen's since they were running their buy one get one half off deal. I have only opened and tried one so far and I honestly don't care for this product. The one I have tried is Twilight. The container looks like a medium berry shade but the color swatch at the store indicated a brownish red. Either way, the color comes out more of a bright pink/red. I do not care for the color but I use it as a base coat and just put my favorite lipsticks on over it. Originally I assumed that this would last a while since it's marketed as a stain. However, I find that this product wears off very quickly, with or without lipstick over it. The product comes right off if you lick it off or rub it with your fingers, so don't be fooled into thinking this will last. I did not like the application either. The color does not go on evenly. I agree with those that compare this to like rubbing a dried out marker on your lips. Sometimes there's barely any color, but then another swipe and you'll get color, then it runs out again. Frustrating! I used the balm only once and it seemed too hard and waxy and I didn't care for the feel of it on my lips. I'm not usually a fan of lip balm anyways so I just used this product with lipstick. All in all, this product was very disappointing and is way overpriced for what you get. I plan on returning the unopened one and will not be purchasing any others.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by vogysgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Worst. Stuff. Ever. Yet another Revlon fail. The ONE & ONLY thing worth buying from Revlon or any low end cosmetic company is the ColorStay Foundation. That is it & that is all. Come one Revlon, get batter. The balm is awful only because it's packaging is horrible & cheap. The least they could have done was have it to where it goes in & out of the packaging. The application of the stain, MASSIVE FAIL!!!!