December 20, 2014 | 1668 users online

Concealers - Trish McEvoy - Flawless Concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Heffie2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been purchasing this product for years but the last two have not been the same consistency and are borderline tacky/sludgy feeling. What has been done to this product to eliminate the slip it used to have? :( Going to have to find a replacement from another line. Very disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by makeupenthusiast1994

My mom gave this to bc she doesn't wear concealer and I use Nars radiant so I decided to try this out as a highlight because this is honestly pretty greasy and sooooo thin! Like it's watered down or something. I use this for a highlighter- I don't particularly like the applicator, sometimes I push out to much, sometimes it takes forever for a bit to even come out. Hasn't broken me out so far, ill do an update in a bit.
I don't know if I'd use this to concealer blemishes and discoloration/acne scars but it's pretty good for highlighting, I set it w/tartes powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by MelissaMH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

There are things about this concealer that I like, but others I don't. The colour match is nearly perfect (#2), and it has good slip, but I hate the applicator. Using my Laura Mercier concealer brush, I take a small amount off the applicator pen and build from there. But I find this product to settle into fine lines and creases soon after it is applied, and powder doesn't help. For this reason, I won't repurchase.

Edit: I've recently returned to Trish concealer after being woefully disappointed by the chalkiness of Bobbi Brown's corrector and concealer. Trish must have changed her formula in some subtle way because now I wouldn't change it for the world. Smooth, easy to apply and great wear. Comes in a variety of shades and doesn't settle in my fine lines; rather, the product makes them less visible. Also, if you use this concealer with her Correct and Brighten any shadowing you might have had is gone! And a little goes a very long way. Great stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by lak30

Although I'm a Trish devotee and find most of her products to be well worth the high price tag, this has proven a total waste of my money! It's far too liquid and feels almost greasy, meaning that it can't really be built to give more coverage. I have dark under-eye circles and this does almost nothing to cover them. And unfortunately when I was colour-matched for my under-eye area, I must have been more tanned than usual because I was given no.4 which is so dark on me that I can't use it anywhere else on my face. Not sure how the sales assistant got me to buy it, since it must have looked good in the store somehow - I'm very well practised in applying my makeup, and I simply can't make it work. Hanging on to it only because of the fortune I paid, hoping I might be able to use it on holiday when my circles aren't so dark and I have more of a tan!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by cocotte

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the click brush pen, it gives good control over the amount of concealer coming out and is the best of the liquid concealers that I have tried. No.4 is a perfect match for me and it covers well without being too thick unlike Clinique all about eyes concealer. Of course it needs setting with powder or it will smear and run into the lines around the eyes. If only they could fix this problem!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by kbf9

this was the best concealer i have ever bought! covered my severe acne. i put it under bare escentuls powder foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 10:38:00 AM More reviews by chanelmontes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The packaging for this concealer is superb so that's not a problem for me at all. The twist click pen is a breeze to use and the brush attached is so soft and perfect for applying concealer. The problem lies with the concealer itself. It blends in very easily, but it creases badly throughout the day and never stays put. I tried with and without setting it with powder and it still creases all day. Not only does it look horrible, it's very annoying having to keep blending it out everytime I look in the mirror. For now, I'll just use it for areas on my face other than underneath my eyes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2009 7:58:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well, I guess I'll be the one to rain on this parade. I'm totally unimpressed with this concealer. The click-pen idea seems good, but it's difficult to get the right amount to the brush (and you have to click it, literally, 100 times to get it primed). It's very pigmented so you only need a tiny amount, but the brush is too large and too stiff (like the ones on Stila's lip glosses, rather than short and soft like the one on Touche Eclat), making it impossible to get a small amount only on the areas you want to conceal (I needed to pick some up on a concealer brush to get the right amount and get it in the right place). The texture is very thick, almost grainy, and difficult to blend despite moisturizing well before applying. It creases even if set with powder, and so emphasizes fine lines and any other skin imperfections. The only good thing I can say about it is that the shades are true. For $36, this is going back to Nordstrom. Sorry, Trish, it's a loser.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 6:40:00 PM More reviews by CDL

I purchased this as the infamous YSL just did not do the trick for my dark circles and this is WAY better than the rest. Although a little more expensive it blends very well and lasts. i've already bought my 2nd tube for when i run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 8:59:00 AM More reviews by alr1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thought I liked my concealor until I tried this! Wow! The brush applicator makes this easy to apply and blend. The coverage is excellent, but the product blends nicely so you do not look heavy or cakey. I am a fair-skinned gal and use #3. Be sure to try this on in the store to find the right shade for you. Once you do, you will be happy!