October 24, 2014 | 1696 users online

Body Scrubs - L'Occitane - Honey & Lemon Sweet Sugar Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 5:44:00 AM More reviews by MrsRupee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The Honey & Lemon Sweet Sugar Scrub by L'Occitane really rocks. It exfoliates, softens and moisturizes like no other scrub. I cannot believe the difference in my skin after just ONE use. You've got to try it. Highly recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by sophie_au

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

In Australia at least, the Honey and Lemon Sweet Sugar Scrub has been discontinued along with the rest of the Honey and Lemon Range.

When it was sold, the 250ml jar retailed for a whopping $46.95 and I'd always baulked at the price. Several months ago, I'd spotted it on sale in a L'Occitane boutique for $30, so I snapped up a tub on impulse.

The honey dominates the scent and drowns out the lemon I was hoping would be more pronounced.

The tub while plastic and thus suitable for bathroom, has this annoying narrow rim near the neck where some of the scrub has gotten wedged and it's going to be annoying to try and get that last bit out.

It's a lovely scrub to use, not harsh or oily, but there are more effective ones out there to be had for less money. The fine-grained sugar and glycerine in this is not to my taste, so I wouldn't repurchase. This product is suitable only if you're after a gentle, non-oily body scrub for daily use.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2010 11:51:00 PM More reviews by prissy973

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This scrub isn't as harsh has the other scrubs I've used. It is very gently and you don't have to worry about burning yourself if you have a cut. It still does the d deed of a scrub. It doesn't harden like other scrubs do. I've had mine for a year. I buy more than just one scrub and I put them into rotation and this one also kept its smoothness and never got rough in texture like other name brand scrubs.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2009 3:38:00 AM More reviews by Beautyfoolrise

If u want a good scrub,you can consider this but not everybody like the smell,I love the scrub & shower gel but not the moisturizer for this range..Its a good exfoliator..the sugar melts into skin when u scrub ur body..After rinsing,ur skin feel soft & smooth..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by ilasik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to agree with all the previous comments -
the texture is great, not liquidy so it is gone in a second when water gets on it but the smell is just a bit too strong. I have the bath treatment from the honey/sugar line and it's a lot more subtle in scent. This is just a bit too much Works very well as a scrub,though

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 3:40:00 AM More reviews by kamo12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i haven't been using this product for long, but i really like it so far. i love the scent of the honey&lemon products (though i can see how some might find it cloying) and have been wanting to try more than the hand cream, which i have. i got the scrub with a gift card, because it was a bit pricier than i'd usually pay for a scrub.
i've had great results with it so far. it was surprisingly easy to scoop the right amount out - it requires less than you'd think which is always nice. i'm trying to think of a way to describe the texture... marzipan? lemon curd? (which... is basically what the scrub is, ha.) it's not fluid at all, which is nice so it doesn't get diluted in the shower. it has a nice effective but gentle scrub, and my favorite part about it is that the sugar bits don't dissolve after 10 seconds like some sugar scrubs. it keeps going as long as you keep scrubbing! it leaves a bit of moisturized sheen but nothing too greasy. i still need moisturizer afterwards, but it keeps my skin from screaming "heeellllp meee" right after getting out of the shower! i'll probably get this again, it's definitely worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2008 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This scrub smells AMAZING! Very sweet with a slight lemon scent. Not sharp at all. When i first used it in the shower i was like aaahhhhhh..pure heaven.
It's actually very gentle. It doesn't scractch or hurt the skin like alot of other body scrubs. Very smooth and spreads wonderfully. It looks like cooked grits lol. Isn't overly greasy at all.....it's just.....perfect. I don't neccesarily need to apply body cream after i get out the shower. And the scent last last lasts on the skin. I love this product. Makes me feel like a queen when i use it!! Very luxurious. uummmm. I wonder if i could use it on my face??? Im going to use my BF as a guinea pig hehehe.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2008 7:22:00 AM More reviews by 135792468

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I find the smell of L'Occitane's Honey and Lemon range to be a little too sweet and sickly and this is no exception. The other problem is that the grains are so small that there isn't much scrub effect. But I would rather have it too gentle than something which leaves big red scratch marks and the packaging is nice (plastic tub which is sensible) and it is moisturising without being oily so it's a pretty good choice overall.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2008 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Mere828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The quality of this scrub is exceptional - the sugar grains are very fine, the scrub spreads well, and the little $10 travel-sized tub I purchased (2.6 oz) has lasted me several weeks - however, I purchased this after falling in love with the harvest honey scent and it is not even remotely similar to the other honey products L'Occitane is known for. The honey in this is ok, but the lemon fragrance just doesn't do it for me. Personally, the scent turns me off to this scrub, and the price is fairly expensive for the amount of product you get, so I took two lippies off. If you absolutely love the fragrance, this is a high-quality product that I would recommend, it's just not for me.