November 28, 2014 | 1247 users online

Lip Treatments - Palmer's - Dark Chocolate & Cherry Lip Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by omgthatgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

YUM! This is delicious. It smells exactly like chocolate! The cherry scent is a bit artificial, but I still do like it. The lip butter is clear and quite moisturizing -It's mostly petroleum jelly. The packaging is very convenient and hygienic. The price is great. I, personally, prefer the dark chocolate and peppermint version (only because of the scent), but this one is great, too!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by Wezo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you like chocolate mudcake with a berry coulis than you will have a meltdown every time you apply this! This product smells fantastic! Yes, it is hydrating, reasonably priced & easy to use but I just can't get past the amazing smell! Great product!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by AnnaSmith11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff smells exactly like chocolate and cherry! mmm It comes in oval shaped packaging but it's actually easy to apply. It gives a nice colour that can be built up & the staying power is ok, it's also good at moisturising. However for some reason it stings my lips :/ less so if I apply lip balm before hand but it still stings. For that reason I am giving it 3/4 and won't repurchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by hanawaz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

My lips tend to be dry and pale, makes me look sick when actually it's just dry lips. Been looking around for a lip balm that would aid me. Found this in Robinson's Singapore and was elated knowing that cocoa butter works incredibly on skin, i've decided to try them on my lips. Love the texture, instant revitalise my lips to it's natural colour. Leaves a sheen of gloss, my lips feels soft and it doesn't have any overpowering smell that gave some aftertaste on my tongue, unlike some brands.
Would definitely purchase this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2012 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Finakalias

This would have to be the best lip butter ever! It's amazingly moisturizing and it gives your lips the best lip gloss shine and its not too greasy either. It has a wonderful smell and also has a great taste! It's probably one of the best products out of the Palmer's range and I absolutely love it, I carry it with me everywhere, it has helped me so much!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2012 3:52:00 AM More reviews by kayeartemis

love love love love this stuff
i can't live without it!
the packaging's only issue is that when the gloss gets warm or hot it spills out so easily, and when it's cold it barely even comes out unless you squeeze hard

my lips are so so soft when i use this stuff, just amazing lip stuff

i went on a trip for 2.5 days recently, forgot it so had to buy a chap stick type thing instead...so sad...i came back with cracked n split lips

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2011 5:21:00 PM More reviews by ohcmeon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

It is not as moisturizing as some of the other lip balms I have tried (Avene, Eucerin), but somewhat better than the cheap ones. I bought it for the smell, which turned out to be not so pleasant as I expected. It does not moisturize deeply, only puts a layer of oil on the lips. Needs to be reapplied often.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2011 4:02:00 AM More reviews by alexis913

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bought this yesterday. I have very dry lips and this did help but I sort of find it greasy or too slippery for my taste. It doesn't absorb well on my lips. It feels like it's sitting on top of it and generally feels oily. Also, when I layered this on top of my lipstick it tasted bitter after a while. That never happened to any lip balms that I have used.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 11:17:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this product, it smells like real chocolate, I'm addicted to the scent. Its a standard lip balm that contains mostly Petroleum jelly which traps moisture in. I don't mind petrolatum in lip products but avoid in lotions and anything else.

I liked that it came in a tube dispenser being more hygenic than jars. I don't buy lip products that come in a jar no matter how good the reviews are, i just hate sticking my finger into product and contaminating it. I also don't care for the trouble of washing my hands everytime I use it.

I love the glossy look and uses this in place of lip glosses. I'll use this over tinted lip balms like burts bee lip shimmers or korres tinted lip butter.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2010 4:29:00 AM More reviews by simei89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

During my hunt at my local priceline for the dark chocolate & peppermint lip butter (which i ran out of), i came across this. I asked the assistant but was told that they no longer carry it in dark chocolate & peppermint, which was a total bummer because i absolutely LOVED it (i'm going to check at other pricelines next week).

This one is pretty much the same as the peppermint one: makes your lips super soft and moisturised, produces a subtle shine. However it smells like cherry + chocolate rather than peppermint + chocolate (like it says). To be honest, the smell is somewhat artificial (some say that it smells like a black forest cake... well, it doesn't smell as yummy as one). The peppermint one smelt better and moreover it provided a gentle tingle to your lips (which this one lacks).

I got it for $5 which was worth it given that it makes my lips so smooth.

Overall, great product but would have preferred the peppermint + chocolate lip butter more. However, I'd still repurchase it.