November 23, 2014 | 2022 users online

Treatments (Face) - A-Ret (Tretinoin) Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by beauty911

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using tretinoin gel 0.1% for about 4 years now. I have combination skin, wrinkles, acne and acne scars. I didn't get acne on my face until in my mid to late 20's. When I first started using it it made my skin peels and my acne worse for about 1-2 weeks, but after that I started noticing major benefits to my skin. My skin started glowing, my acne cleared up and my wrinkles and scars started to go away. After 4 years of using tretinoin my skin looks so much better than it did 4 years ago. I am glad I found this product. I buy my tretinoin from http://listercosmetics.com/collections/tretinoin-gel.

I would recommend tretinoin gel to anyone who has problem skin, acne, scars or wrinkles. Tretinoin gel made a huge difference in the smoothness of my complexion. The key is to keep using it even if at first it seems to worsen acne.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by AbbeRose

Hi guys! I used the 0.05% cream for 3 months - no problems, no peeling or anything like that. I wanted faster results so bought Retin A 0.1% gel online..but my skin hates it lol. The gel is much too drying! I am having such a hard time finding 0.1% CREAM online, I can only find the gel. Can anybody recommend a good website? I have found one www.discountpharmacy.biz but I cant find a single review online & I am scared its a fake website! anybody used it before?? thanks!:):)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2008 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Gimferrer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am 43 years old and have sun damage as well as wrinkles so I use this for both.

RETINOIDS HISTORY: Previously I have tried OTC : Retinol 0.5% (Skinceuticals) which was useless, moved to Retinol 0.1% (Skiceuticals) gave me the *worse* reaction my skin has ever known (is it evil, see reviews of how many people had reactions to that) anyway...let me to even believe I had a Sensitive skin (haaa !) and went to tube of Diacneal (Avene) which didn't do anything either...I know many would argue that you don't need to see the face peeling to know it's working but hell I am 43 I have no patience to waste on irritation or usless Retinoids....so I took the Baumann book and my skin has turn out to be very resitant....So I jumped to Prescription Retinoids (thanks to the skincare board help and guidance )

Used Tazorac (two tubes) from ADC and my skin didn't see anything at all, no side effects but no improvement either. Went to the derm and has a Px for Retin A 0.5% Cream (I am not acne prone) and used this with no visible effects either...still use it because now I belive it takes up to one year to see results, however I haven't peeled or flaked or anything after 2 (30 mg tubes). I use a BHA Toner to enhace the penetration.

A-RET 0.1% GEL: a very kind MUAer gave me this in a Swap I fell in love instanly... the texture is lovely and it has been worth to wait and have many trials to get this ! It is STRONG, very strong ! But I love it ! I have a Resistant Skin and many products won't have an effect on me which is a pain in the a**..I dilute still b/c I don't want a face like a lobster and reaching for healing creams (not if I can help it he he...) but I will do it straight when I feel more confident :) . So far I use it every night . but for the first week I used it only every other night for my skin to adjust to this.

My skin looks the best it has ever been lately, looks bright, soft and a few heavy wrinkles I had are 20% gone maybe more I do not know , I still have many around my eyes (Crows feet) but I laugh a lot and I am a very expressive person so they won't go away unless I stop laughing (which I won't do ever or use some Fillers :). But as I have learned is not about this alone but hand in hand with a very good sunscreen . I have sun damage and wrinkles as well as pores that I see huuuge but because I have never used many products I like to keep things simple and use a basic skin care routine because I have no patience and no much time ) so a routine while I use this is , although I am flexible as Winter my skin is more sensitive and Dry than in Summer.

AM
-Cleanse with MDForte III Glycolic Cleanser or Micellar Cleanser
-Vitamin C Serum DIY (15%C ,2%E and Ferulic) wait 10 minutes or Phyto+ fro sundamage
-Sunscreen: La Roche Extreme Fluid SPF50+(PPD28) or Sofina

PM
Cleanse with an Oil Cleanser wait 1 hour
Dilute 1 pea size of 0.1% Gel with a serum (B5 Gel SkinCeuticals)

........................................

My skin type: Dry Resistant, Pigmented and Wrinkled

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2008 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Flaneuse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this ret-A gel. It works great on my normal to dry skin. I've been using it for almost a year and have noticed a marked improvement in the texture, clarity, and firmness of my skin. I did have quite a bit of purging and flakiness for the first 2-3 months, but it did clear up. I am using this every other night. A great value for me, since my healthcare provider will not cover Ret-A.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2008 4:59:00 PM More reviews by bringiton

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A-Ret Gel. This is the Tretinoin gel purchased at alldaychemist.com, and manufactured in India.

I thought maybe we should group our reviews for these under a different product than 'Retin-a' as listed in pdville, since the bases are quite different to other tretinoin vehicles. It also helps to determine how effective the Indian made formulations are.

I'm still experimenting with this, but i'll update when i've formed an opinion.

0.1%: PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ISOPROPANOL, CARBOMER, TRIETHANOLAMINE, BUTYLATED HYDROXY TOLUENE, METHYL HYDROXY BENZOATE, PROPYL HYDROXY BENZOATE

0.05%: PEG-4 OLIVATE, OLIVE OIL PEG-7 ESTERS, METHYL HYDROXY BENZOATE, PROPYL HYDROXY, BENZOATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, SILICON OIL, CARRYLIC CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, CARBOMER, TRIETHANOLAMINE, PURIFIED WATER

0.025%: PEG-4 OLIVATE, OLIVE OIL PEG-7 ESTERS, METHYL HYDROXY BENZOATE, PROPYL HYDROXY, BENZOATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, SILICON OIL, CARRYLIC CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, CARBOMER, TRIETHANOLAMINE, PURIFIED WATER

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No