April 16, 2014 | 1578 users online

Lip Gloss - Yves Saint Laurent - Golden Gloss #1 Simply Gold

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

I was low on one of my most favorite glosses, MAC's Roman Holiday and thought I would try this because I love the tiny golden sparkles. I'm a little disappointed because I can't wear it alone since it has barely any pigment in it and my lips need some color so that I don't look washed out. The staying power isn't that great either. This looks okay on top of nude lipsticks when I want to add a touch of gold shimmer, but isn't worth the price.. Don't think I would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by jejkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

The packaging is great and I love the gold shimmer in a clear gloss, but the staying power and results are not worth it. This doesn't look like anything special when used alone, and when layering it over lipsticks, it doesn't make enough of a difference to even apply this. It is moisturizing though.

I do love gold sparkles, but I get better results mixing 24 Karat Gold mica powder from Coastal Scents into my glosses. So that means, I'm paying $1 and those who buy this are paying $30+. Something to think about.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2010 12:28:00 PM More reviews by taliajune

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wear this lip gloss nearly everyday; it looks really nice with my natural lip color and pulls together any look that I wear (which is usually some variation of a deep neutral smokey eye with peach/coral cheeks). This product gives my lips the sexiest look ever! It has gold shimmer (NOT glitter) in a long lasting glossy base. However, I hate the scent and it takes a while dissipate-ugh it smells like rotting cantaloupes, hence the 4 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2010 2:01:00 PM More reviews by bex92

I got this lipgloss in a set with the touch eclat highlighter and I love it!
I wouldn't usually choose this shade but although its gold it looks really natural and just gives lips a bit of a shimmer. It can be worn during the day and in the evening, I sometimes apply it over a darker lipstick and it looks really nice.The applicator is really nice too!
The only thing I don't like about it is that, like most lipglosses, my hair sticks to it and its quite thick!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by pinchopeach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

it didn't do anything for me. i tried this on top of a nude pink lipstick hoping it would give it a classy golden sparkle, but instead it made my nude lipstick not show up. usually when you top of lipsticks with a pretty gloss, it enhances and finishes the look but this gloss made the whole combination go sheer! weird! the gold flecks on my lips didn't look special at all and the smell of this gloss is kinda gross. also, the staying power is about an hour at most... not worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2009 9:04:00 PM More reviews by happigirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful color that can be worn alone or over other colors. It is just classy, and well worth the money. It lasts longer than most glosses, as well. If you would like to splurge on a top notch gloss, try this one; it won't let you down.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2009 1:28:00 AM More reviews by hellokitty05

This lipgloss is GOD.

If you love gloss then you have to have this in your makeup bag. The golden gloss range comes in a myriad of colors but #1 was my first buy after one of my best friends was wearing this and I fell in love with it.

I mix this gloss with my other glosses (pinks etc) and WOW. Dimension, pop, sex appeal. Love it. The staying power is surprising considering it's quite light and not as sticky as some glosses I own (like Napoleon Perdis Lip Lacquers)

Costs $45 a tube in AUD so expensive but lasts awhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2008 10:23:00 PM More reviews by SarahAfshar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yves Saint Laurent never fails to seem to disappoint the vast majority of status quo society, especially when it comes to the Golden Gloss Shimmering Lip Gloss which possesses real 24 carat gold flecks. I was incredibly impressed with this gloss, as it not only possessed a real pigmented color, that is amazingly long-lasting, but the fact it lives up to it's promise of giving a visual mirror effect, while moisturizing the lips modestly, as a result. Gold works as a sealer, a healer, and a powerful anti-oxidant making this product that much more appealing. I also love the fact that for as pigmented as it is, it produces a color pay-off that is subtle. You can apply this lipgloss modestly and you won't feel like your lips are run down nor unnatural. The gloss also posssses a clean scent. Simply Gold is a great color because it's visible, but also possesses an immaculate appearance. I must say that if I had to choose my favorite gloss, this would definitely be it. I would recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2008 4:45:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

WOW. By far, the best gloss product I have tried. It is so shimmery! It does not move or melt. It is a neutral gold, really doesn't colour lips so much as add beautiful gold sparkles in a really refined way, but the gloss itself is so eyecatching. I don't know how else to describe it. I love that it is a brush instead of a spongy thing - that way I can get enough gloss going without redipping a hundred times. I wear it over YSL Rouge Pur #120 Le Rouge and it is amazing. Price is expensive big time, but worth it.