July 24, 2014 | 1836 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Japanese Eyelash Perm

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Cinlynn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm a little obsessed with eyelashes, and I've them permed by three different people. The first time was quite awhile ago and I loved the results, but I only went back once because I moved away. The second time was more recent, and my bottom lashes got caught in the curlers and bent in a weird and ridiculous shape. And the top lashes curled sharply inward at the tips. The salon lady who did it said something like, "Oh, well, that happens sometimes." Needless to say I never returned to her. The next few times I went to a different woman, and sometimes it came out better than other times. So it seems like kind of a crapshoot -- maybe your lashes will come out good and maybe they won't. Cost is around $50 plus tip. I haven't done it for a while because it's such a hassle. It takes about an hour, plus driving to the place. And it doesn't last more than two or three weeks before it starts loosening; however, when it turns out good it truly looks lovely and people do compliment you. Now I'm doing Lumigan, a heated eyelash curler, and Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill lash-lengthening mascara. The reason I've decided I'm not crazy about eyelash curlers is because the shape of the curl doesn't look as natural to me as the perm when done correctly. Yet in the end, for me perming is too much of a hassle.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2011 7:02:00 AM More reviews by rubylola

I have had a few eyelash tints and perm treatments this years and while it initially looks amazing, I don't think it's very good for my lashes. I have super long lashes and this treatment can really look good if an expert lash permer treats them. However, I do not think it is a very popular treatment so the beauticians don't seem to get this perfect everytime. I have had uneven results the last couple of times. Also, some of my lashes have started to grow sideways, ahhh!! So I will go back to using my heated eyelash curler.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2008 12:42:00 PM More reviews by jhoggan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This isn't an actual product but rather a service that you can get at a salon. It is a perm for your eyelashes that replaces the need for an eyelash curler and last for 1-2 months. I had this done last week and have gotten so many compliments so far. I just use a little black mascara and instant long curly lashes. It took about 45 minutes and most of the time my eyes had to stay closed, but man was it worth it. I paid $50, but I would do it again in a heart beat. Even when I don't wear any makeup, my lashes are curly and natural. They frame my eyes and it really stands out.

Update: So this looked great the first few days, but no matter how hard I tried to apply mascara the lashes were way to curly. They tickled my upper lids all the time. It's been a couple months now and my lashes are just now getting back to to normal. I would not do this again, I'll just use a curler.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No