December 20, 2014 | 913 users online

Shampoo - Klorane - Golden Highlights Shampoo with Chamomile

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My hair isn't blonde although it will get some golden highlights in the sun. I would never normally try a product like this, but I was staying at a friend's house and forgot to pack my shampoo and she had this, so I wound up using it for a week and was very pleasantly surprised, particularly because I have not had good luck with other Klorane products. It made my hair feel soft and clean, not dry, with good body and weight to it, not fly-away. I used it with the matching conditioner. The smell is pleasant too (like chamomile tea). Now I am back home I ordered a bottle of both the shampoo and conditioner for myself and will see how it goes using it over a longer period. I will come back and update review.

27 Sept 2013 ETA: Dropped to 1 lippie. Like other Klorane shampoos I have tried, this makes my hair fall out! I don't understand what is in their shampoos to do this, but clumps started coming out in the shower. I can only imagine it dries it out to the point that it's so brittle it snaps off. Awful, just awful.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 6:58:00 AM More reviews by 5lover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to use this shampoo as a teen many years ago, it used to come in a glass bottle then. A few weeks ago I checked to see if it was still available, much to my surprise, it was! So I ordered the shampoo and conditioner and highly recommend both. My hair is recovering from extension damage so I am being very careful what I use and how often I colour, I am a single process blonde. This product brightens the hair and adds subtle gold highlights which are in no way brassy or brash, it also leaves the hair soft and shiny like a blonde child's hair. It also leaves the hair bouncy with volume, it doesn't weigh it down, just gives you that ' great hair day' feeling. The shampoo and conditioner are quite concentrated so don't overdo the amount you use. I highly recommend this product line.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by truffle_me

This product is my holy grail in that once I found it, I never had to worry about which shampoo I was going to buy again. It brightens my dirty blonde a bit, doesn't dry my scalp out, and has a pleasant, neutral fragrance. My hair looks nice when I use it. It's sort of just that simple for me with this shampoo. Perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Vlayra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

Really love this one. It leaves my hair smooth and shiny. I've been using this around 2 years and I'm not going to try any other.
(Also, they don't test on animals, which is very important to me)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by northerngal100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this shampoo - it is a nice alternative to blue/purple shampoo for keeping the blonde bright. I like the smell and packaging. It's not my daily shampoo as I like something a bit more moisturizing (this isn't - though it isn't drying either - more for normal hair), but 2 times a week is enough to get some of the benefits. I have had people compliment my hair more since using and I notice my hair is more on beige-y blonde side of things since using.

In Canada, it isn't that expensive ($10CD a bottle, which is about average drugstore price) so its a bargain in my mind - though I see other reviewers marked it expensive, so I guess price may vary.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by khikhob

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just started using this again after many years of using other chamomile shampoos, some high end, some not. Apart from the fact that I think this smells beautiful - a sweet, botanical/floral smell - and I love the simple, elegant packaging, the most important thing is that in terms of highlights it really packs a significant punch. I have blonde hair that gets very fair in summer but I haven't had much sun this year and I saw very noticeable hightlights after just one use. Can by a little drying so make sure to use with a really good conditioner - I sparingly use macadamia oil hair masque and rinse with cold water and the combination delivers great results; my hair feels bouncy and clean and looks really bright and shiny. Probably avoid using daily if you are prone to dry hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2010 1:45:00 PM More reviews by nettie3

I used this when I was younger with no problems. Recently I went back to it and it leaves my hair with a straw like texture and my scalp very itchy...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by sugarpig

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this shampoo off and on for 20 years. It smells divine, leaves your hair soft and shiny with dramatic highlights.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2009 9:52:00 AM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is heaven in a bottle. Yes it smells very strongly of Camomile (isn't that the point?) but I love that - it brings me back to my childhood when my mom would rinse my hair in steeped camomile tea to bring out the highlights. I can still feel the crick in my neck from leaning over the sink for 5 min! It leaves my hair soft and easy to manage, with no need to use a conditioner afterwards to detangle (though my hair is shoulder length). Its expensive here in the US (I used this constantly in France when I lived there) but for me, its worth it - the only shampoo I would pay more than $4 for!

Klorane is a super high quality brand, a staple in French bathrooms - I think you get what you pay for.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2008 7:49:00 PM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised this hasn't been reviewed yet. I'm very sensitive and my hair is very persnickety, so I thought this might have some potential. After looking at the reviews on folica.com (there's about 25 reviews) - no one said it dried their hair out and I decided to give it a try. Unfortunately, this made my hair feel like straw and it just didn't do it for me. I also really hated the smell - a lot of people really like the scent, but I found it masculine and cloying. For $20, this went back.