August 2, 2014 | 1303 users online

Shampoo - Generic Value Products Tea Tree Shampoo (Comapre to Paul Mitchell)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by seeka2000

A few years back, I got the dreaded call from my daughter's school that she had lice. In a complete panic, I googled every sort of home remedy and over the counter product out there on the market. A lot of mom's seemed to swear by tea tree oil shampoo. And I'm desperate, so I buy this from Sally's. Endless hours of RidX and combing go by, and I send the poor girl in to wash all the gunk out with this. It's some heavy duty cleansing going on, one wash and she's got all that oily mess out. Got rid of the lice, and I've kept it in the house for her since. She never got lice again, but who knows if it's from using the shampoo or because she's wiser now to not share anything that lice could hitch hike on. I've tried it for myself, it's a great clarifying shampoo. And for oily scalps, it's a miracle. Her hair wasn't stripped or damaged from all the horrid RidX and combing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by KellyNC

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Not generally a huge fan of PM but I read such great reviews about the tea tree oil line and when I was in Sally one day the gvp line was on sale so I figured I'd try it. Wow. My stylist had been over-highlighting my hair and I finally said to lowlight and add back some color (dark brown) back but nothing was making it shine again. This shampoo and matching conditioner did wonders -- even (gasp!!) better results than I was getting with Kerastase chroma protect line. I have tried the gvp versions of PM Awapuhi and Detangler and found them to be almost as good as the real thing. I was able to use less smoothing product when styling.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Eh... it's good at cleaning your hair, sure, but it's harsh. I've always had extremely thick strong hair, but after a bottle of this, the hair by my temples is thinning, and I have tons of breakage even though I moisturize well and avoid heating tools and chemical hair treatments. It strips too much. I only have a little bit left, and I will either throw it out or use it to clarify.

I'm sorry, hair. I tried to be good to you. I thought this would help.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by tsc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love it. Leaves my hair soft and shiny, and it keeps away the scalp buildup I was getting with shampoo bars.

The smell is more minty than anything, and it kinda looks like gel toothpaste, but it works really well. Just enough tea tree tingle to let you know it's there!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 5:00:00 AM More reviews by GoldenPie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this shampoo however I can't compare it to PM because I haven't used it. This shampoo cleanses well and treats my scalp problems and also keeps my hair color looking vibrant. You have to wash twice not just once when you shampoo your hair. The first wash gets rid of build up and the second wash will treat the scalp. I feel the tingles during the second wash more because there isn't any dirt/build-up blocking the scalp.

I use a different conditioner because to me that would be tea tree oil over load. For the price it is definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by mynameisrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So this is my first review, I love sharing great finds, and this is one of them. I found it at Sally's Beauty Supply Store. This shampoo is great for dry & oily scalp. I use it like a once a week treatment to keep my scalp from getting itchy or dandruff. I like to use it if I have not washed my hair for a couple of days. I have fine limp hair which I color so I can get oily at the roots and dry at the scalp. I do use conditioner every time I wash my hair to keep away dry frizzy hair and like i said this is a great in between your regular product shampoo. I also really like the cleansing bar by the same company but there is no spot to review that. It works for eczema & acne, and is a great body bar that leaves no residue on your skin but at the same time does not dry out your skin. It's like a mild antiseptic (so is the shampoo). The product does contain tea tree oil so it has a strong tea tree scent, but that is only when using it, the sent does not stay in your hair or skin. I just can't rave enough about how fresh and clean this product makes you feel! Low score on the packaging because it is generic so black & white generic label. I don't care but maybe you do?
P.S.
I have tried the name brand but like this generic brand much better and it's half the price.
***I wrote this review then read the others and I would like to add that i use a different conditioner with this product (Matrix Sleek Look) and I do agree that shampoo & conditioner in this brand do not work well together, although the conditioner is great for shaving your legs ;-)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 7:20:00 PM More reviews by EarlyBirdie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, I really love this shampoo. I've been using Head and Shoulders for a few years now since I had dandruff and a really oily scalp that gets itchy, but then I suddenly switched to Pantene for some reason and that did not make my scalp happy. Very itchy and irritated. I was about to switch back to H&S but I saw that my mom got this when we went to Sally's and she said to try it, so I did. And I'm so glad that I did.

I love how refreshing this smells and how it makes your scalp all tingly. It really gets my gross oily scalp clean everyday and the peppermint oil/tea tree oil combo really soothes my scalp. It also does leave my hair really nice and manageable. You get a huge bottle for only around $7 and it'll last awhile. I would definitely rec this and buy it again. HG!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by jaqi16

I wound up returning this product. I purchased the shampoo and conditioner and used them together, so I can't say how each one worked individually (I always use shampoo and conditioner). I was disappointed. It smelt like mint at first, then tea tree oil which I don't really like (and the smell seems to stay in your hair). It did tingle and feel like my head was cold, which was kind of weird. I was disappointed because it left my hair very dry and and really emphasized the flyaways (even though it was dry it didn't really look any fuller either). Maybe it was just too striping of my natural oils or something. I have fine dry hair to begin with. I returned these both to Sally's.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2009 8:45:00 AM More reviews by caitw03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would never tell someone to buy this product. I use PM and wanted to save money... I ended up wasting $13 on the shampoo and conditioner. This product left my hair feeling dirty, tangled, and had no shine to it at all. I would rather spend the money on the real stuff than compromise my hair.

Some of the other GVP is worth it, but not this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 10:34:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this as a weekly clarifying shampoo to help keep my blonde hair actually "blonde" because of the severe hard water we have (it's actually well water, ick). I also use it just to get rid of any weekly build up I may have from any styling products. It does seem to do the job, and it also helps keep my scalp feeling nice and not itchy with the winter heat. It does seem to strip my actual hair of a bit of moisture, but I pair it will a deep conditioner afterwards. My hairs and scalp feel so clean after I use it though ~ and my hair looks very shiny and feels swingy. To me it has a super strong medicinal smell, almost like a heavy-duty industrial floor cleaner. It lingers a bit as well. That is the only main turn off. The price, the results, the availability - all good. Will repurchase!