August 23, 2014 | 1125 users online

Lip Gloss - Yves Saint Laurent - Golden Gloss #7 - Golden Amber

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Golden Amber is a beautiful, shimmering gloss that complements my deep, warm (NARS Syracuse) skin tone. I like to use it over YSL Rouge Volupte #4 for a shimmering nude lip. Just like other YSL products the consistency is thick and creamy. It moisturizes well and has a lovely melon scent. This product is a splurge for me, but is well worth the cost. I'd recommend purchasing on sale if possible. It's a good investment and looks glamourous in my makeup bag and when applying. The brush applicator is convenient, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 3:27:00 AM More reviews by iamandaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lip gloss smells like candy! or something fruity! The packaging is also extremely pretty (who doesnt want to whip one of these things out of her purse just because!). Not to mention the brush makes it SO easy to apply. The only thing i dont like about it is the price. It costs $30 and i think you are simply paying for the pretty packaging. The gloss pigmentation is very good not to mention it smells like a dream but $30 for a lipgloss that only has 6ml is kinda pricey.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2011 2:41:00 AM More reviews by kolbaska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The thing that attracted me to this product the most was the smell. i am absolutely in love with it. it smells sort of like something in between pine forest air and sundried apples. i find it really fresh and earthy, not lollie and vanilla smell like most lip products have which im so sick of. in fact, i think this is the best smell a cosmetic product can possibly have <3 the packaging is pretty but nothing special - a lot of even drugstore brands all have the same square tubes with a shiny lid. the beush is perfectly sized and perfect softness/firmness to apply the gloss easily and comfortably. it lasts about 2-3 hours without eating or drinking, comes off easily. moisturizes the lips very well :) as for looks it looks heaps better in the tube than on. it is a 100 times sheerer on the lips than what i expected it to be and diesnt look like anything special.. just an almosh clear shimmering lip gloss with no real colour.. i will use it until i finish it because if the smell and moisturizing properties but wont be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2008 10:25:00 PM More reviews by SarahAfshar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yves Saint Laurent never fails to seem to disappoint the vast majority of status quo society, especially when it comes to the Golden Gloss Shimmering Lip Gloss which possesses real 24 carat gold flecks. I was incredibly impressed with this gloss, as it not only possessed a real pigmented color, that is amazingly long-lasting, but the fact it lives up to it's promise of giving a visual mirror effect, while moisturizing the lips modestly, as a result. Gold works as a sealer, a healer, and a powerful anti-oxidant making this product that much more appealing. I also love the fact that for as pigmented as it is, it produces a color pay-off that is subtle. You can apply this lipgloss modestly and you won't feel like your lips are run down nor unnatural. The gloss also posssses a clean scent. Golden Amber is a great color because it's amazingly natural, yet neutral shade. It is radically visible and also possesses an immaculate appearance. I must say that if I had to choose my favorite gloss, this would definitely be it. I would recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2008 11:35:00 PM More reviews by aamna_601

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

On my lips this isnt so much a bronze as just a nude pale dusty pink with gold shimmer in it. It looks fantastic, and doesnt wash out my lips, just enhances them with some golden color which looks great coz in summer I tend to get more yellow in my skin than pink (I get pink in winter how weird is that!). Anyway it goes with everything even though it has gold in it and the packaging is absolutely gorgeous. It looks so classy and luxurious--I just wish the applicator wasnt a brush though because I hate how the individual hairs get all splayed after a while, and I can feel the hairs brushing on my lips which is a feeling I dont care for. The color and texture is fantastic, in my opinion one of the best glosses on the market, they outdo chanel glossimers, but Im torn on whether this is better than Dior backstage gloss pro or not, which is my HG of shimmer glosses. I do have three of these though (simply gold, golden amber, and golden praline) and all colors are really gorgeous. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a subtle but glam gloss with a little bling factor in it. I do think its a bit expensive for a gloss and not that much comes in the tube--plus YSL never has gifts or coupons. Oh well, still worth it because it is a very unique gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2008 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Sicely24

Very classy glamourous look from the tube. To me there's a hint of pear fragrance. Application is sheer, perfect for a nude lip look with lots of shine. I like to wear this with dark shadow and liner with bronzed cheeks. It's subtle and dramatic at the same time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2008 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Maximina

Like all Yves Saint Laurent makeup this is in stunningly beautiful packaging, and has a delicious smell and taste. It is ultimately one of the classiest glosses available. It is a gorgeous ambery, copperish color - essentially liquid gold. This is beautiful when you want to look bronzey. It can go on plain lips for a bronzey shimmery look or over your favorite liner for some more oomph. It is rich looking and is one of the best glosses on the market. However like all Golden Glosses I just wish it lasted longer.