Alba Botanica Terra Gloss in Garnet

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Ingredients CONTAINS: Ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, brassica campestris/aleurites fordi oil copolymer, oleic/linoleic/linolenic polyglycerides, silica silylate, soybean glycerides, beeswax, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), silica, natural flavor, ammonium glycyrrhizate, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E). MAY CONTAIN: Mica, iron oxides, titanium dioxide and manganese violet. 6/30/09

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this for $2.50 and loved it so much that I went back to the store the next day and bought 1 for my friend as well. It's so hard to find a lip color that looks good with my skin tone AND my hair color. Garnet's color definitely overrules my dislike of the smell/flavor.

Chemical Free + PERFECT color and shine + excellent lasting power = HG Lip Gloss!

on 9/22/2010 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

This has great color, shine, sparkle, is lovely, only the smell, which is supposed to be vanilla(?) is a huge turn off. Initially it didn't bother me, after a few wears it really rubbed me the wrong way.

on 9/5/2010 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse

Got this on sale for 2.99 - so why not give it a try?

Very glad I did- lovely gloss with the barest hint of glimmer, not big speckles of mica, just enough to give my 60 yo lips a youthful soft focus hydrated look.

The color is perfect for me, a very sheer bordeaux, wine red- looks like my lips did when I was in my 20s. Lasts pretty well, quite moisturizing..

The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is that I get a bit of tingling, most likely from the vitamin E. So we'll see how I tolerate it after longer usage.

on 10/14/2009 8:48:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've been looking for the non-chemical lip gloss in the perfect "natural but better" color and can't believe it was under my nose the whole time at Whole Foods. Good thing they had a tester. It looks like too dark of a red in the tube but is much more transparent than it appears. It goes on the perfect transparent red with purple and brown undertones. It complements my olive skin really well and makes me look healthy. The perfect "no makeup" "you but better" look. You can apply without a mirror no problem. It's a bit on the thin side, or I would have given it 5 lippies. But at least it's not sticky. It's also very moisturizing. The vanilla aroma isn't my top favorite but is fine.
***** a week later i found this was drying so am taking a lippie off-- sorry! And i probably will not buy again. i love the color, but a lip gloss must be moisturizing! it's strange, because the Alba Clear Coconut Cream gloss is nice and moisturizing.

on 9/6/2009 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

It's just too watery for me and application is a bit messy. The gloss gets all over your mouth so you should never apply this in the dark lol. I like the way it moisturizes my lips but it wears off too easily. You have to touch up a couple of times for the rest of the day but at least you don't have to worry about the product drying out your lips unlike other sticky glosses. The color is not too strong, you can wear it alone or with a lipstick or alba terra tint. I use my garnet terra gloss with terra tint in blaze. they work perfect together if you want sexy red lips that's not overly intimidating.

on 7/5/2009 1:23:00 PM

This is my new favorite gloss! I don't usually like natural lipsticks b/c I find the color wants to float on top of my lips. This is perfect, though! The gloss isn't sticky at all and has a slightly vanillaish flavor. This is now the only gloss in my purse!

on 11/29/2008 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Really nice natural gloss, with a bit color. This smells really good. This is my favorite natural gloss! In my pic I posted, I have it on over a lip stain. Love this gloss, and I love that it is natural!!

on 10/26/2008 12:08:00 PM

Terra Tints in Garnet was my HG lip balm for about 4 years. I LOVED THIS SHADE. It was the perfect amount of color and value for my ppp skin. Plus, it had SPF 18 and was all natural. Best thing ever.

Unfortunately Alba discontinued the old garnet color this summer and made a new garnet color---much too dark for my skin. It goes on more like lipstick than lip balm. They also lowered the SPF to 8 which I thought was weird. I am pretty devastated..as devastated as one can be over a lip gloss. Because it was just perfect. Am now searching for my new HG..

I would buy it again if it were the original garnet color. I have bought at least 40 of these tubes inthe past. However I will not be buying again since I doubt they'll bring the old color back.

on 3/2/2008 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Bought this at a natural grocers. I occasionally buy the more natural lip glosses/balm although I don't wear a ton of gloss these days. I like this one, pretty reddish shade, not straight red, maybe w/ a tinge of berry/pink in it to prevent that. It has somewhat of a fruity taste which I like. Lasting power is average compared to my other glosses, it's very moisturizing on my lips.

Popular Lip Glosses