Banana Boat VitaSkin SPF 30

3.5

on 5/8/2005 2:36:00 PM

This a pretty good sunscreen. It sets in nice and matte, allowing me to put my makeup on over it with no fuss. The packaging is nice. I've got the one that comes in the pump bottle and I've had no trouble with it. I deducted a lippy on because I don't like the scent. It's like a musty tropical smell. I think it's kind of unpleasant. But, for $1.00 from Dollar Tree, I can't really complain.

on 5/4/2005 11:04:00 PM

I love this stuff!
It works very well on my 33 year old skin to make me look moisturized and keep the sun away.
I have no problem wearing it with makeup if I give it a minute to sink in.

on 7/28/2003 4:45:00 PM

You can't go wrong with this item. It is not greasy at all and leaves my skin protected and conditioned with a moisturized gleam. Smells like pina colada or orange creamsicles which personally I enjoy (and I don't like fragrance normally).

on 7/11/2003 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This was not greasy at all. I loved how I could wait only a few minutes and put on my makeup, without any greasiness conflicting with foundation, concealer and powder. This product has a nice consistency.

on 7/10/2003 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I do not have sensitive skin and still upon using this product for about 4 days I found my face to be dry, itchy, red and flaky...what's the deal...I returned it needless to say. The package is good and the price is average for a mass-market product but this stuff despite claims on the label of being oil free does not feel oil free at all. I would stay away from this...also used this on my arms and they are also dry and flaky...it's the only change in my daily regimen so I can't account the dryness to anything else. I should note that while the skin on my face is combo, the skin on my body is pretty normal and I hardly ever have to moisturize, so flakiness is a very new and unwelcome thing to me.

on 6/6/2003 4:08:00 PM

Decided to try this on a whim. Made my sensitive skin itchy and broke me out all over the place. Blech. Still searching for a good sunscreen which won't break me out or irritate my sensitive skin. Sigh.

on 5/20/2003 6:00:00 PM

Wow, this stuff is pretty amazing for $6! It doesn't feel overly greasy and doesn't break me out. I use it mostly on my neck and hands because I find makeup tends to slide off it a tad, but it's a great hand lotion too. Smell is a little strong but not unpleasant. I carry it around in my bag because the bottle not too big. Much better than Neutrogena for drug-store sunscreen, IMHO.

on 5/19/2003 12:38:00 AM

It feels very lightweight, but the smell to this is overwhelming. I feel like I should at the beach or in Hawaii. Too much for me!!

on 5/18/2003 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

if you have sensitive skin that's acne prone avoid this product like the plauge!!! it burned my skin and made it as red as a tomato and on top of that it broke me out :(

on 12/23/2002 6:36:00 AM

This is a great sunblock and moisturizer. It's not completely matte and it does have some fragrance. But then again it hasn't broken me out, and it's a huge amount for a low price.

Popular Treatments (Face)