July 28, 2014 | 2044 users online

Eyeliner - Make Up For Ever - Aqua eyes waterproof eyeliner pencil

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Deedianne

Not smudge proof, last about 2 weeks if you use it everyday, nothing great really.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2014 7:10:00 AM More reviews by wubaduckie

I have this product in silver (8L), which I use on my waterline like a white eyeliner. This isn't very soft so sometimes it does tug and hurt. I find it difficult to sharpen sometimes but overall, I think this is an ok liner. It's "waterproof" to me but I've only used it on my waterline and on the inner corners of my eyes, not as a liner for my lash line. I would say I have oily eyelids but I don't notice much smudging because silver is quite a light colour.

I probably won't repurchase only because it's hard to find Make Up For Ever here in Australia and I bought this while I was in the States. I also think it's a bit pricy for a liner I only think is OK.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Perfection91

This is the only pencil eyeliner that I like.
I've tried UD, Nars, Benefit, Clio, Stila,
UD is too creamy and breaks, Nars is kind of dry and chalky, benefit just doesn't draw the line.. (I have to go thru tugging), clio smudges and stila flakes off. this one doesn't. it doesn't smudge as much as other pencil eyeliners, and it is pretty waterproof.. not fully.
if you have sensitive eyes, and you tend to get teary easily, this won't work. but for a pencil liner its pretty impressive.
consistency is in btw UD and Nars. not too chalky not too smooth

the color 2L is a very pretty brown soft shimmered color that looks very natural and pretty.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by jdsjen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this in navy blue and it shows up really nice. Pigmentation's good but not great. One layer won't do. The staying power though...oh my god it's amazing!! I once wore it for about 9 hours and the color didn't fade didn't smudge at all. Definitely will be buying these in other colors...when they're on sale.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It lasts over primer and wirh powder to set it just as long as any other eye pencil. The application is awful! This pencil is hard and applies unevenly while also tugging at eyelids...I much prefer Urban Decay's 24/7 Eye Pencils for a pencil product. Still the best is gel liner for me as far as staying power and smooth lines when applied. I am truly loving the new Loreal Gel liner more than Mac or Bobbi Brown....it is amazing

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Songbird1967

I purchased this for my waterline. It was an abysmal disappointment. It didn't stick and what did wore off on no time. Back to Sephora it went.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by kitsunec4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have pretty oily skin, and nothing stays on smudge-proof, transfer-proof, etc. Nothing. Gel liner pots are my go-to liners, and even they can get kinda smudge-y by the end of the day, so I was pretty skeptical about these pencils.

This stuff is pretty WATERproof, swatching this on my hands and then washing does very little to budge the lines/color without soap and/or eye makeup remover.

These pencils come much closer than any other pencils I've tried to staying in place. Under conditions where I apply this to just skin with tinted moisturizer on, they stay smudge-proof for about 3 hours. Smudge-proof for about 3 hours, then they transfer a little bit, but the color does still stay pretty pigmented and vibrant after a full day at work, even if it smudges.

If I use primer on my lids, the pencils last even longer, I would say about 5 hours before smudging/transferring?

If I want something to stay in place all day, and we're talking all day like, 10+ hours of work and running errands. It probably still is gel liner, carefully applied with a brush on top of primer, and set with eyeshadow; or with a waterproofing medium mixed in.

For very bright and vibrant colors that last decently, these are pretty great. They're basically $20 USD a pop. Sure, there are cheaper eyeliners with fun colors, but in my hands, they don't apply very well or smoothly, and disappear the moment I walk out the door. I would say to not bother getting the black/browns though, there are other liners available that work as well for less, but if you want bright colors that pop, these are worth a look.

As this, and other reviews prove, given how they vary all over the place, your mileage may vary depend on how you apply, where, and what kind of skin you have. If you're lucky enough to be near a MUFE store, though, do go in and try these out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by zxcver

Lovely colours, soft and easy to apply. They are, as marketed, very water-proof. Unfortunately, they are not as oil/sweat-proof as I would hope. In the humid sub-tropical climate where I live in, lasting power is disappointing for the price (not because of humidity in the air, but because of sweat and oil).

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by ctome

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Have this in 5 colors. They do not stay on very long and are not very smooth upon application. I am lucky if it stays on for 3 hours. Note: I have very oily skin but I do use an eye primer prior to applying the eyeliner. Am very disappointed!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by fluffmonsta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have this in black. I have oily lids and this does stay put quite well in humid weather, but only if I have to set it with powder eyeshadow. I have no complaints about the color pigmentation or staying power BUT what I find is that mine is "stiff" and it tugs at my eyelids when I use it. It's not a joy to use at all and in fact, I can't wait to use it up and finally be rid of it. I much prefer Urban Decay 24/7 liners and want to collect more shades of those. Wouldn't ever repurchase this.