Avalon Organics Botanicals Vitamin C Revitalizing Eye Cream

3.7

Not tested on animals

Organic lavandula angustifolia (lavender)(1), chamomilla recutita (chamomile)(1), camellia sinensis (white tea)(2) and organic arnica montana(3) extracts (aqueous), organic aloe barbadensis(2), vegetable glycerin, emulsifying wax, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (vitamin C), organic helianthus annuus (sunflower) oil(2), octyl palmitate, cetearyl alcohol, super oxide dismutase, panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), tocopherol and tocopherol acetate (vitamin E), melatonin, lemon bioflavonoids, organic borago officinalis (borage) and linum usitatissimum (flax seed) oils(2), rosa canina (rose hip) oil, olive squalane, soy lecithin, camellia sinensis (green tea) extract, organic prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil(4), allantoin, tromethamine stearate, glyceryl laurate, theobroma cacao (cocoa butter), glyceryl stearate, dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin and benzyl alcohol.

on 3/12/2015 4:59:00 AM

I don't consider myself to have sensitive skin but after I put this on my eye area, I felt a warm sensation, and I looked in the mirror to see it had gotten really red that I had to wash it off. its too bad it couldn't work for my skin, as I was looking for something with vitamin c in my eye creams. it is a pretty good value and you get an ounce of product where almost all eye creams I've seen are sold in .5 oz containers

on 1/26/2015 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This cream has done wonders for my eye area. I decided I'd try this product not only for my dark circles but also because it is %70 organic! The texture has a great feel, very mosturizing and non-oily compared to most. The cost is certainly worth the spend. It takes a weak of appliance to see its best results but I definitely recommend this product to those looking for a refined eye area.

on 9/18/2013 5:25:00 PM

SO, honestly I bought this product at Target because it was on special $5 & the original price was about $20 & i have seen it for that price at other places so i decided to try it!! I immediately fell in love because my under eye area looked brighter after using it overnight! I have under eye circles due too lack of sleep & this definately help minimize the look of tired eyes!!! I use it after showers, morning and at night! I really hope they DONT discontinue the product! it works very well for me :)

on 8/4/2013 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I found this at Market Street, the original price was in the range of $13 but they were discontinuing it, so they sold it to me for $5. I tried to find out why they were no longer selling it in their store but was unable to get an answer. I have been using this for about three weeks, and I have not noticed any changes. After initially putting this product under my eyes, there is a brief stinging sensation, and the skin feels fairly sore for about 15 minutes after application. This cream is preferable as a night cream as it does not absorb very well, so it is not the best thing to put on in the mornings. I don't feel have significant lines by my eyes, however I don't feel like this provides any moisture or any notable difference. This was just my experience, hopefully this worked better for other people who have tried it. I will finish this product because I don't like to waste money, but I will probably switch back to Oil of Olay!

I initially gave this top marks but I too have found the cream too thick to dispense (once I got past the halfway mark). However, I added some runnier Vitamin C serum (another brand - Balance), stood it in very hot water for a few minutes and gave it a good shake. It is now easy to use. I have very dark hereditary undereye circles plus the initial signs of ageing and hyperpigmentation generally. I read the Amazon reviews before deciding to splurge and try out this cream. Other serums and creams have been working for me but they are too expensive to repeat purchase all the time. I thought I would try this cream for my eyes and for the dark spots on the rest of my face. Four days in and I could see a difference. Yes, the cream is thick and takes a while to dispense. But the effect is matte and my make-up goes on very smoothly afterwards. I have oily skin right now but with eye creams normally experience dryness, so that in itself is a feat. As it contains Vit C some users will of course experience sensitivity but so long as you patch test first and then start off using a tiny amount it should be fine. I really love this range and the huge 30ml size is great value - I think I paid about £14 which should last at least six months used twice a day on the eye area only. But because of the problems with the delivery system I won't repurchase.

on 7/10/2013 11:48:00 PM

Purchased 2 bottle from Walmart because they were on clearance for $2.00 a piece. I do NOT have sensitive and can pretty much use just about any product...but this STINGS!! It feels nice and thick and am able to use it under makeup without it messing up my makeup. I would not repurchase simply because it is $18regular price.

on 1/24/2013 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So far, this is my favorite eye cream. It moisturizes very well, but I only use it at night b/c it doesnt absorb well at all. After using a bottle of it, it did seem to help with fine lines, but it wasnt anything drastic. I think this is something to be used more as a preventative.

on 12/6/2012 1:11:00 PM

I use this every morning on my eyes before my moisturizer and makeup. It is so soft and luxurious feeling on the eye and I have noticed that my lashes are much longer and thicker then before I used this. Also, a little goes a long way, so this will last you a long time. Overall a great product!
One note: This brand contains a lot of organic ingredients in their products. This is an awesome thing for those of us that like to support organic companies, BUT if you have sensitive skin, this might not work for you (organic ingredients can irritate some people's skin). I have not had any problems, but I also do not have sensitive skin.

on 9/26/2012 10:32:00 PM

NO NO i did not like this.

I have sensitive, irritable and dry skin. I get occasional fine lines around my eyes if not well slept.

PROS
The ingredients LOOKED about right:
- Vit C potent antioxidant
- soothing cucmber and chamomile
- Vit E and Pro Vit B promotes moisture retention

CONS
- lavender and borage oil can be irritants for delicate skin
- thick and gooey texture, not easily absorbed
- no improvement overall, brightening, moisturizing or reducing wrinkles

As it failed as eye cream, i tried to use it on my face. I broke out in small red bumps and it stings when in contact with dry skin.

I wouldn't recommended it, at least not to ladies with sensitive skin.

on 9/11/2012 10:19:00 AM

I've been using this for about a month now and I think it's a great eye cream but nothing really special about it.

It moisturizes my eye area well and can readily be worn underneath my eye makeup without causing it to crease.

Does tend to sting a bit on the under eye area but nothing unbearable.

I like that it comes in a pump but I'm sure that once I get down to the bottom of the bottle it will be an issue getting the rest of the product out.