Cover Girl Instant Cheekbones Blush

3.8

I have this in "Purely Plum" because I generally prefer cooler toned blushes. This is a great trio, because some days I like my blush to be very light and other days I want more color, and this allows me to adjust to my preference. Sometimes I just sweep my brush across all 3 shades to create one pink/plum color, and I like the results that way also. These are pigmented and apply smoothly, and getting 3 shades in a single palette is so convenient!

on 3/16/2015 12:38:00 PM

Bought this a while back in Purely Plum while searching for a new blush after my favorite MAC shade had been discontinued. I'm not really into countouring with blush and really bought this because I liked the middle shade of plum. Ended up using the middle shade and also the lighter shade, but none of the darkest. For a drugstore blush I thought it was very good. I just wish I could have gotten only the two lighter shades so I didn't feel wasteful. I've since found a Dior blush I love for everyday, and I plan to stick with it. But I would buy this again, if I were in a pinch and needed to pick up a drugstore blush.

on 2/1/2014 11:58:00 AM

I LOVE this blush! I bought Sophisticated Sable back in July and I still have so much left! It is a nice neutral color and it contours really nice. I bought Refined Rose yesterday in anticipation for spring. I wouldn't say it is a contouring blush but the shades work really nice together. I love these blushes!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a legitimate blush for the price. The combo of lighter & darker pinks plus a built-in highlighter makes blush application a breeze. I have the shade "purely plum" and it works well on my fair skin as a pink blush for spring and summer.
Oh, one other downfall- it smells like Grandma makeup.

I bought this product while on vacay when I found that I had forgotten my everyday blush at home. It fulfilled its purpose, it's light and gives a pretty shimmer. As I continue to use it every now and again, I wouldn't purchase this product again.

on 3/20/2013 3:51:00 PM

This blush is just okay. I was searching for a light pink/baby pink blush, and this one was on sale at the drugstore, so I picked this one up in Purely Plum.

I do not recommend using the brush that comes with the blush. The brush is too small. The bristles were also too stiff for this blush, so it made the blush messy and crumble in the pan. You definitely need a proper blush brush, preferably one that is fluffier and larger.

The two lighter colors work okay as a highlighter, but I don't think it is well-pigmented -- I feel like I have to use a lot to gain color on my skin. I really only like the third darkest shade.

I do not like the smell of this blush, though. This is my only CoverGirl product, so perhaps other CG products smell similar, but it is like a bitter talc scent. I have sneezed a couple of times, and I rarely get bothered with makeup scents. The scent slightly diminishes with each use though.

on 12/18/2012 1:03:00 PM

I have this in #230 Refined Rose, and it works well with my very cool complexion. I don't use the dark shade very much, but the other two are great. The middle makes a great blush color for me, and the light color is a good highlight, with just a tiny bit of shimmer. I'm not a big fan of too much shimmer, and this has just the right amount for me.

on 11/11/2012 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have the colour purely plum

Pros:
-does contour nicely
-natural shades
-stays on
-only a little shimmer

Cons:
-sometimes the contour powder is a little too purply
-highlight doesnt really work
-not a very good brush

Its just a really natural, pretty blush! Looks really nice if you put the medium colour on your cheekbones in a upward sweep!

on 9/18/2012 3:28:00 PM

Do not like this blush because it has too much shimmer. It does not look good on my cheeks because I have large pores.

on 9/17/2012 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Have it in Sophisticated Sable for so many years and it works magic! Easy to blend and soft looking. Just order a new one and now awaiting for its arrival.