Chantecaille Les Papillons Poudre Delicate in Linen

3.0

on 11/11/2013 7:02:00 PM

Despite my love for Chantecaille and the extravagant price for this powder, I found it to be chalky and rather orange in application. Chantecaille's packaging is always beautiful but cheaply made and this was no exception. It didn't take long for the powder to crumble in the compact and I would be lying if I said I wasn't happy to toss it when it did. I would probably have gotten more joy out of just keeping it unused with its gorgeous shimmery butterfly overlay.

on 3/8/2008 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

PRODUCT: This face powder is beige with a warmish shimmer and goes on translucent without chalking out my GGG/DDD NC45 complexion, so already, it scores BIG points with me. The shimmer is really subtle so you can't see it. I dust this on my face on days when my skin needs perking up and gives me a subtle glow without looking like I'm wearing powder! Glow sans shimmer!! What a concept!!! It also sets my eyeshadow, blus, and bronzer and helps it last longer, so it's a great setting powder as well as a "pick-me-up." Case in point - I applied it a few days ago when I'd had a very bad night's sleep and looked like hell - then came back 8 hours later and my skin looked glowy and fresh! Anything that can do that is truly a miracle product.

I should also add that when this product is brand new, there's a shimmer overspray and a butterfly in the middle, but I got this in a swap so the shimmer overspray was long gone and the butterfly was fading fast. The butterfly doesn't go all the way through as it does in Chantecaille's papillon eye shadows and blushes but that's fine since it's all the same color in the face powder.

PRICE AND PACKAGING: Classy silver compact with a great mirror and a separate compartment for the puff - what's not to love!!! This retailed for around $50-60 brand new - and I balked when it was on the counters, but I would have regretted not buying it if I hadn't scored it in a swap. It is great product. I saw that vivre.com had it on sale for $27.50 and I totally would have stocked up - except that vivre.com charges $29.99 shipping! For a $27 product. I almost did it, though, this product is that great.

OVERALL: Awesome awesome product. Get one if you can (in veil if you are cool or pale-skinned).