October 21, 2014 | 2093 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - Complete Night Cream

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by hebrides

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was out of my good night creams and decided to try this as it was on sale for $12.99 and had great reviews. The smell is nice, the texture is great, but an hour after putting it on, my face burned and though I washed it off it still burns. Now I don't know which ingredient in it made my face burn, but it has to be something that is not in all the others I've used which did not burn.

This is in a yellow jar, called "Olay complete Night Fortifying Moisture Cream with Aloe, Vitamins E, B3 & Pro-Vitamin B5" and has a new packaging since the last time I tried this line (the spf 15 complete, over 4 years ago). I did some research just now and they reformulated the "Olay complete" line (yellow packaging) around 2010, and other women have posted that they had the burning effect, when previously it had worked fine.

This has made me decide to forget about giving any Olay product a chance. I don't like stunts like this. And PS I am not going to "give it time" and live with the burning skin in order to give it a chance to work. There's no retinol in it. It has to be one of the "vitamins" or "herbs" in it. I'll go back to Vaseline and Pond's for the time being even though they are nothing but grease. And next time I'll only buy a new cream at a store with testers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Victoriajane89

Been using this for a month or so and impressions are good. It does the job for my combination skin, giving moisture where needed and keeps my skin looking healthy.

Would prefer it if it was a pump but then I suppose they would charge more and the tube would have less cream.

Great for the price and a drugstore product.

A lady I know swears by Olay as a brand and i must admit at 50 is looking great!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by saedasajida

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Let me start by saying the Negatives first ...

1. It's Not in a tube form or even with a pump... Don't like to dip my fingers into the cream everytime i use..!!!
2. Not rich in antioxidants. Contains Vitamins B3 ( Niacinamide ) and , Vit E. which are okay .
3. Because it's got a Strong Fragrance I don't like it around my eyes..
Now for the Positives ...

1. Cheap .
2. Smells ahhhh Wonderful . ( People who R SENSITIVE TO FRAGRANCE , BEWARE . ) .Though very strong , it's Pleasant.
3. Rich creamy texture . I just use a little to cover my entire face and neck..It moisturizes my dry skin and softens it and I can feel the softness even the next morning

I don't know if this cream will work for the Oily skin bcoz of the same rich creamy texture ...

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Lelloism

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not really good and not nearly half as complete as the name makes it sound.

The packaging is fairly practical though I prefer a pump-system. The texture feels nice, it has a lightly sweet fruity scent and spreads easily. It did sting a little, something I didn't expect and I prefer my nightcreams to have a fresh smell or be scent-free rather than be sweet.

It didn't work for me at all. It didn't hydrate my skin, in the morning I would feel an oily layer on my face, but dry parts were still dry. After a few nights I started getting pimples and discontinued use. When the pimples went away I gave it another try but again had a (small) break out. I gave it away to a friend, who experienced the same problem.

The only thing I like is the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by nyxisis

Product is fairly good. It provided good hydration for me but my skin didn't feel as soft as it does with the Neutrogena version (also reviewed: Neutrogena Ageless Essentials Continuous Hydration Night Cream). I also didn't love the smell: best I can describe it is artificial cherries-esque smell every time I used it, and not being a fan of artificial cherry smell/flavor, it's just not for me. It did not break me out which is important. Overall I would use it as a back up if I couldn't get the Neutrogena version.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 3:41:00 AM More reviews by chloejune

Olay Complete Night Fortifying Cream is actually the first night lotion I have ever used on a regular basis. I have been turned off to lotions in the past because of the heavy sticky feel and sometimes they sting my skin, but this one did none of that. I'm 21 and my skin seems to need more moisture than it used to. I have always heard good things about Olay products and now I know why. Until using this I never knew how great my face could feel. I've used it for about a month and half now. When I wake up my face feels incredibly smooth and soft. It does not feel the slightest bit greasy, just smooth and hydrated. I do have moderate acne and this product is not irritating to my skin and does not cause me to break out. Some products that I use for my complextion have dried out my face so much that i have rough patches on my face every now and then. This lotion doesn't cure the rough patches. However what I have found is if i use olay total effects refreshing citrus scrub at night and then apply this lotion, the dry patches either go away completely overnight or are a lot smoother and less noticeable by the morning. The cream itself is light in feeling and a little truly does go a long way. The smell is pleasant and it soaks in my skin almost immediately but takes the night to really get the total moisturizing affect. The only cons that I can think of is that it isn't natural, which isn't a dealbreaker for me considering the way it makes my face feel. Also the packaging probably would be more hygenic if your fingers weren't dipping in it, but personally that doesn't bother me much. I keep hand sanitizer by it to ensure my hands being clean. Overall I LOVE this lotion! Definitely will be purchasing it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Norasuke

I was very skeptical when I was given a tub of Okay Complete Night Fortifying Cream to try. I've only recently (at 33) begun using night creams because I hated waking up to an oil slick. My skin had been pretty oily and is now just "reactive", as my esthetician says, so I can and do get the occasional pimple in response to various irritants, including funky face care. This cream looked far too rich, and I wasn't holding my breath.

It goes on easily (especially over damp, toner-ed skin), and a little goes a long way. It's nongreasy and soaks in quickly. I love the smell, which didn't seem to linger overlong. Possibly my only complaint--a very small one--is that the pot is so generously sized and I use so little of the product at a time that I'm afraid it might reach its expiration date before I use it up.

One week after I began using this, I started noticing how good my skin looked right after waking up. (I can't attribute this to plenty of beauty sleep or lots of water, I'm afraid.) I could easily go without makeup (although I don't wear much to begin with). Even better, I had absolutely no oil slicks! At about a month of use, I realized I hadn't been using any pimple spot treatments, either.

It's been two months now and my skin really has never looked better. I still have a hard time believing something that looks so rich could treat my skin so well; it's sort of like finding out that your favorite deep-fat-fried guilty pleasure turns out to be the key to successful weight loss. I don't know if there's an equivalent day moisturizer with SPF, but you better believe I'm going to go looking for one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

This review is for the Olay Night Fortifying Cream. Packaging is a little tub with a blue top.

I found this on sale for half off at CVS. Normally it's usually about $10. This is a very good night cream. Smell is pleasant and clean, not over powering to me at all. Little does go a long way and I wake up in the morning to soft and plump skin. No breakouts which is always a great factor. Job well done again Olay, you never let me down!

EDIT: I think whatever makes the scent made me break out. Discontined use and breakouts went away. Sad. I really wanted this to work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by WarmSocks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This cream is a little greasy on me and doesn't quite sink into my skin and I feel like it rubs off on my pillow when I sleep. I like that a little goes a long way but it doesn't moisturize well when my skin is really dry. It makes my skin baby soft in the morning, but the dry patches are still there. So it is good for average skin.

This cream is average, nothing really bad I can say, but nothing spectacular, either.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2010 2:10:00 AM More reviews by buttercup16

Overall I think that this is an Okay night cream. I went to every CVS and Walgreens I could find but ultimately I was only able to find it at Walmart and I bought the last one. The texture is nice, and it moisturizes fairly well, but I found the smell to be extremely overwhelming. I put it on before I went to bed and the scent was so strong that I needed to get up and wash my hands. It didn't irritate my sensitive skin but I guess scent is just a personal preference. I would definitely buy again if there were a fragrance-free formula.