October 22, 2014 | 1722 users online

Eye Shadow - L.A. Colors - Supernatural 12 Eyeshadow

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by ncballerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This palette was only $1, so I wasn't expecting great quality and I was definitely disappointed. I tried using the white, grays, and black for a simple eye look and after a 3-4 hours, the colors had completely faded! It looked like I hadn't applied any eyeshadow that day! (And this was over a primer!!) I was super disappointed. But if someone is really desperate for eyeshadow, then go ahead and get this inexpensive palette, but don't expect to be wowed.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by GingerLemon

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Like others, I found this at a dollar store. I love the colors in this palette; I can create great looking greys and blues. I liked these so much that I went back and purchased Chic, Trendy, Traditional and Glamorous. Can’t go wrong for a dollar—these are great colors and fun to play with!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2013 2:19:00 AM More reviews by mjG7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nice blues, good pigmentation, soft and easy to blend. Not a lot of fallout. They last all day with primer and/or a base. Got them for $1 at Dollar Tree. Nice little pallet...I hate the packaging though, it`s a PITA to get open.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by JLsunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my first review on the site and i just want to say that i am a long time fan of L.A. Colors. Supernatural eyeshadow has helped me create a great smoky eye look. I used to buy expensive eye shadows that claimed to give a sexy smoky eye but after trying this i am absolutely sold. The color pallete features a variety of colors ranging from lighter to darker shades so you can create whatever type of color creation you would like. I start with a light base color, add a darker color for the crease area, and the darkest color around the outer eye giving it a smoky finish. I also use the lightest color on the inside part of my eye to add a little shine.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2013 3:39:00 AM More reviews by VerniePie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love L.A. Colors eyeshadows.....I find eyeshadow is something you don't have to spend a lot of money on to get good results....that said I prefer L.A.Colors 3 and 5 color pallets much more than their 12-color pallets....

Supernatural was one of the first L.A. Colors pallets I ever tried and while I like it a lot of the colors are similar and you can't really tell the difference.....especially with the blue shades......the colors I really like in this pallet are the silvers and grays.....they are really pretty!

While I wasn't disappointed with this pallet (it was only $1 after all) I gotta say that many of the blues are identical and after discovering L.A. Colors 3-color pallets I realize I like those so much better....the colors are better, more pigmented, just more vibrant with a smoother texture and better blendability....so I liked this pallet but wouldn't buy again.....

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

I personally did not enjoy this eyeshadow as much as some of the other palettes in this collection. I absolutely loved one of Supernatural's sister palettes, Chic, but I am honestly not a fan here. There is a diverse selection of blue shadows, yes, but where can anyone wear blue eyeshadow anymore without being stereotyped? I did not use this palette too much in the first place, but I did manage to get the jist of this product. Some colors are a hit, some a miss; some are chalky and loose, some are way too pressed. Pigmentation was so-so; a little in the middle. I did use the grey shades a lot, and they seemed better than the blue ones, quality-wise. At least this palette was cheap for only $1!! I would not be purchasing again- at least I cannot complain about the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by svmgv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Was bored one day so I bought this to see what colors suited me...like the range of shades and decent pigmentation but this has absolutely no staying power. Worse, it seems to go walkabout around my eyes, which is especially annoying with all that shimmer. Not a high performer but good shades to have to mix around. For a dollar, though, this ain't bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by DyingMessenger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Bought at Dollar Tree, this is a decent deal, especially for beginners in the makeup world!
This small-sized pallet has 12 colors ranging from white to blue to deep grey.
I, however, am not a fan of this because I find the shadows to be extremely chalky and powdery and because of that there is a ton of fallout. I have also noticed, in the times that I have worn this, that it tends to fall off of my eyes onto my eyelashes or just disappear throughout the day. The packaging is also a bit awkward to open.
On a high note, the pigmentation of the colors IS very good, especially the white!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by donna409

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I purchased this 12 color palette today in trendy. 12 beautiful peach, browns, and rusts. I found this at the dollar store of all places ~ I immediatly came home and tested the colors and there are fabulous for my skin tone. They glide on like a dream in silky matte, and slight shimmer colors. The packaging is obviously not high end, but who cares. I am constantly amazed lately with the quality of this company's eye shadows.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2011 3:56:00 AM More reviews by me0wmix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I found this palette at the Dollar Tree just days after seeing my girlfriend use it, and I absolutly love it!

The shadows are a perfect matte for me, a quality I've had a hard time finding in an affordable shadow, and they don't fade or crease on me despite my oily complexion. I love the greys, and the blues match my eyes well. I was impressed by how well they blended. I'll be making regular use of the greys, which are soft and well pigmented, so I'm glad that there are some duplicates. Some of the lighter colors are chalky, but it was a dollar!

I wish their packaging was more sturdy, but it stays so well that I don't need to tote it with me so it will last me some time. The applicator it comes with is crap so definitly have a brush handy.

Overall, I would try the other palettes if I found them again.