Cle de Peau Refining Fluid Foundation SPF 24

4.3

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 4.9%, Titanium Dioxide 7.9%, Inactive ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Bis-Butyldimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Peg-6, Peg-32, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Barium Sulfate, Sodium Glutamate, Tocopherol Acetate, Polyquaternium-51, Rosa Roxburghii Fruit Extract, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Aluminum Distearate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone, Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Polysilicone-2, Alcohol, Polyquaternium-51, BHT, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Fragrance, Mica, Iron Oxides

on 3/12/2015 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Very lovely product - it better be for the price. I was lucky to get it at a sale as I would probably not have tried this foundation otherwise. What I love about it is how it makes my face look - glowy yet natural, and how it feels - light for a foundation but with good coverage, and how it lasts - 6 hours and my combination skin didn't get oily like it usually does on the T-zone, even in humid weather such as Singapore's. It instantly made my sallow complexion looks like a million bucks. One pump is sufficient for the whole face and it is so easy to blend. I set it with a light dusting of powder to finish it off. While I really enjoy using this product, I think it's important to sample this product first and go out a couple of hours before purchasing to make sure that it works for you.

on 8/25/2014 1:47:00 AM

so my skin is quite dry but when i use this foundation i sometimes even have to blot after a few hours! i love it, it gives medium second skin coverage, looks natural and gives a beautiful glow and makes the skin look healthy - yes it does have small shimmering particles but it is not too obvious and it's actually pretty! i love Cle De Peau and i think the superiority of their products justifies the high cost :) & it lasts super long too. I would repurchase.

on 10/10/2013 8:53:00 PM

A bit pricey (130 my Chanel one is only 65) but It is completely worth it!

on 10/9/2013 10:50:00 AM

I've been using this foundation for way over a year now (B20). It's light, yet covers well and, best of all, doesn't settle in my wrinkles. In fact, I'm on my second bottle now. It lasts forever, so the price (although high) per application is low. And the color choices are amazing. I've turned several of my friends onto this foundation (and concealer). They all gasped at the price and then marveled at the feel and coverage of the foundation. My skin is normal to dry and I use the foundation over moisturizer and sunscreen. After trying everything else (Armani Silk, Chanel Vitalumiere), I'd come back to this line again and again. When you realize that you can get almost a year from one bottle, the price becomes reasonable. And you'll never have to have a partially used bottle of foundation again. You'll use every last drop of this fabulous product!

on 7/25/2013 9:10:00 PM

I'm going to start off by saying that I love Clè de Peau products but this foundation is just not worth the money. I was curious to try it due to the great reviews that it gets so today while at Neiman, I asked a SA to try it on me and I could not wait to get home to take it off! It felt like I had a mask on! I looked so made up, especially on my chin area! It felt so sticky and shiny! Yuck! I like the dewy look but this almost gave me an excessive glow! Wow I did not even think that was possible. I did like the bottle it comes in but seriously not a great foundation. Perhaps a good choice for someone with more mature skin that needs more moisture but definitely did not do it for my combination skin. My Chanel Perfection Lumiere is indeed perfection and this does not compare to it in any way.

on 7/21/2013 9:45:00 PM

This foundation has been a massive disappointment, which makes me sad as I hate to spoil the glowing reviews! Lately I have been loving light-textured foundations with a satin liquid consistency, and buildable coverage (e.g. Guerlain Lingerie de Peau, Armani Luminous Silk, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua). I expected somewhat of a similar effect from this, but this simply didn't deliver. The coverage was very little, and lasting power was poor. It has a dewy finish that doesn't dry down, and combined with the shimmer particles in this, was too much for my combination skin. Perhaps drier-skinned folks looking for very light coverage would appreciate this, but I was under the impression it was good for all skin types. This reminded me in a way of Revlon PhotoReady, except more moisturizing and shimmery. On a positive note, I adore the Cream foundation which gives beautiful coverage and a semi-matte finish. If you have dry skin, I suggest checking out the Silky Cream foundation which is flawless and dewy, and can also be sheered out if that is your preference.

on 4/20/2013 4:31:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The SA at Saks recommended this foundation for me and put it on me in the store.

Unfortunately for me, the only good thing about ths foundation was the color match. The I01 matched my fair with pink undertones coloring. Nothing else about this worked for me. The coverage was medium and emphasized lines and pores but didn't really cover up anything. Nor did it look very natural on me. It definitely left a glowy finish but it also felt sticky on my skin and stayed that way. Also I didn't like the sparkle in the foundation. It was subtle but still noticeable.

Thankfully I went back to Saks and had the SA switch out this foundation for the creme foundation. So glad cause the cream (not silky cream) is just perfect for me. Gives a totally flawless semi matte finish without the glitter, glow or stickiness.

This may work nicely for some but was awful for me.

on 4/14/2013 8:04:00 PM

Like all of CdP's products, this foundation is unbelievably expensive ($130 w/tax). However, I will probably re-purchase over and over again because I absolutely love it! I have combination skin, which is a little on the dry side due to the dry AZ climate. I am usually NC25-NC30, and I wear O30 in the Refining Fdtn (my summer shade, my winter shade is O20). I LOVE how this foundation has shimmer in it, it gives this natural beautiful glow. I would say this is light to medium coverage with a luminous finish. It settles a bit in my laugh lines (but almost everything does) but it seems to still be present on my face when I get home from work (I'd say it lasts about 6-8 hours on me). One of the few foundations that doesn't make me itch or breakout in rash/zits. Doesn't give me those foundation wrinkles that a lot of thick foundations give at the end of the day. I love how lightweight and moisturizing it is, and don't always use moisturizer underneath unless I'm having a very dry day. Though, for people looking for serious coverage, I wouldn't recommend this foundation b/c it is more on the light end and will not cover much without concealer. I like to throw some of my La Mer Powder in Translucent on top of this, CdP blush in 01, CdP concealer in Ochre, and CdP Luminizing Face Enhancer in 11 Pastel. End result is a very natural and beautiful glowing finish, and it looks like my face has just been lit up. Gorgeous. If you're looking for lightweight foundation with a natural yet glowy finish (and are willing to spend this much!), then I highly recommend CdP Refining Fdtn.

on 4/12/2013 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I've been loving this foundation for the winter because it's a bit more hydrating. For reference, I am NC30, and I have this in the color beige. I have acne prone combination skin with a super oily t-zone and dry patches around my mouth and on top of my cheekbones. This doesn't cling on to those dry patches nor is it super oily in my t-zone. Blends really well into the skin because it's very liquidy, almost runny. Smells like very noticeably like makeup, but not a huge deal for me. The only thing I wish was different about this is the shimmer in it. It's not incredibly obvious, but makes me look a bit more oily than I already am. So the only reason why I wouldn't repurchase it is the shimmer and the price. There are a lot of foundations that work just as well for a fraction of the amount I paid for this. I'm going to stick with my laura mercier silk creme foundation.

on 3/1/2013 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

LOVE this! Ok, so here's a rundown on my skin: normal with occasional slight dry areas due to allergies and weather, extremely sensitive, intolerant of botanicals in particular and any number of random ingredients, no acne or dark spots, no lines yet, generally very good as far as evenness and tone goes. My foundation needs aren't that expansive, basically all I want is sheer to light coverage, just enough to provide some evenness, and a natural looking finish. Normally a BB or CC type of product would be perfect but those are out given all the anti-aging, brightening, and other little extras that are always thrown in there. On a whim I tried a sample of this but expected nothing due to the chemical sunscreen in here and usually those are an absolute no for me. But after a week of everyday wear I was hooked and bought it with no regrets and have been using it ever since.

I have it in I10 and it melts into my skin and matches it so well that I can't even tell I'm wearing anything. The color isn't too pink or too yellow, just a nice neutral that works nicely on my cooler toned skin. A list of some of my other previous and current foundations/etc. for color reference:
Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in No.2
MUFE Duo Mat Powder Foundation in 200
Cle de Peau Concealer in Ivory
Laura Mercier TM in Porcelain
Armani High Precision Retouch in No.1

It's very liquid, almost runny, so it's really easy to blend out and work into the skin. I like the thinness of the formula and how nicely it spreads. Usually I've always applied liquid foundations with a foundation brush but with this i find myself using my fingers a lot. Just a tiny, tiny dab on each cheek, forehead, nose, and chin and then I blend. Takes all of 20 seconds and is completely foolproof. Doesn't settle anywhere you don't want it or enhance dry patches at all. I think it's impossible to make this look cakey or awful. Sometimes I dust on a layer of loose powder but even without it this lasts all day long and don't fade off. The addition of the sunscreen is a plus but even so I wear my regular sunscreen underneath (unless I'm applying it at night when I'm going out) and it doesn't change the way it applies or wears.

The finish is beautiful and luminous due to the light reflecting particles (I hate calling it shimmer since it's too subtle for that). If you don't like that glowing, borderline dewy effect then this might not be for you. But to me the finish reminds me of the subtle glow of the Guerlain Meteorites powder, something I love so I'm all for it. No fragrance other than a little hint of a foundation type of scent, you know the one? Kinda chemical for lack of a better description, not strong, maybe a sunscreen vibe but I don't notice it once it's on my skin.

My foundation experience isn't too broad with all the sensitivity problems my skin has. I try things with a lot of caution and once something works I usually stick to it. This is just so insanely gorgeous and I want to jump up and down everytime I wear it that it actually works for me. It's expensive, but the amount I use everyday translates to a repurchase once a year, so it's completely worth the investment.