Estee Lauder Double Wear Light SPF10

3.9

New: Ingredients: Water, cyclopentailoxane, trimethylsiloxysilcate, butylene glycol, trimethyl pentaphenyl trixiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, silica, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl, 3 disostearate, tribehenin, peg-10 dimenthicone, bis-peg, ppg-14, 14 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosteratate, lauteth-7, glycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, deimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosterate, laureth-7, glycerin, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg, ppg 10, 1 dimethicone, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), disteardimonium hectorite, methicone, propylene carbonate, tetramethyl hexaphenyl tetrasiloxane, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, dimethicone silylate, toccopheryl acetate, alumina , sorbic acid, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, + - iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium ferro cyanide.

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

I'm NC30-35, I have the shade 3. It's not an absolute perfect match since the shade range isn't wide, but it works, it's just a tad lighter than my skin tone.

This is my favorite expensive foundation, it's not too heavy and it's perfect for travel.

I used this for my wedding, I didn't want anything extremely heavy or drying. This works well for my combo skin. The coverage is a bit more than medium.

I really like how it looks after it really sets, it makes my skin flawless but not crazy made up.

Best thing, it doesn't break me out or clog my pores!

I regularly switch up my foundations, (maybe every other month), but I always come running back to this product. It is so easy to apply with a great medium-full coverage, but doesn't feel heavy on the skin at all.

I have purchased this foundation for 3 years now, at the time the lightest shade was 1.0. I found it covers well, stays well and doesn't make my skin look bad. The bottle is nice until it gets to the end and then the liquid comes out without needing to squeeze, I have had it like this for the past 3 bottles I have brought which makes it very messy. Its a very good foundation, the only thing is 1.0 is a little too dark for me, I purchased 0.5 and it made my skin peel! I cannot wear the 0.5 but its a really good match for my skin colour. the 0.5 felt more drying than the 1.0, and unfortunately I am having to look for another foundation due to needing a lighter colour. I contacted estee lauder about being allergic to 0.5 but not 1.0, they just said it must be because of different ingredients. I hope they can fix the 0.5 so I can use it in the future.

I'm 50 years old, dry combo skin, no real skin problems apart from a little redness around my nose and Estée Lauder double wear light has been my old faithful for years. I regularly try new foundations and I wear Dior airflash for special occasions but ELDWL will always be in my collection. It applies evenly and quickly with fingers, brush or beauty blender and within minutes has kind of settled into my skin giving me a natural, barely there but great skin finish. Feels like nothing, lasts all day even in the hot Australian summer. I Love it and I will always repurchase.

This foundation stays fresh-looking and does not budge all day, and a little goes a long way. The only negatives for me are that it feels quite drying (even on my oily/combo skin) and the lightest shade (.05) is still just a tad dark for me. Bottom line, it is a good foundation, but maybe best for oilier, non-sensitive faces, and not for us super-pale girls.

I wanted to like this! I knew the Estée Lauder double wear was going to be too heavy so I tried this. I have very oily skin and break out very easily. I used this and within two days I got three cystic zits on my face on a clear face. My fault thought anything with spf in it I break out . The oil control was ok. Easy to go on. I ended up with Hourglass immaculate liquid to powder and omg amazing!!!! If you have dry skin hourglass is not for you !

I have double wear light in shade 2. I find its a nice natural colour which doesn't make me look too pale.
This foundation is probably one of the easiest to apply in terms of how it goes on/blends/can be added to. I apply it with my fingertips. The coverage is relatively good - I do apply concealer on areas where redness needs extra coverage.
The best thing about this foundation is its durability as I find it does last well and it doesn't transfer off my face. I can also add to it later in the day without it caking.
I have taken one off the rating because it doesn't quite give me the coverage I'm after (although I find the standard double wear a bit too much and dryer) and another one off the rating as the finish is a little bit dewy/sticky.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is probably the best foundation I've ever used.

Although I have oily, blemish prone skin, I have grown out of my 'cake face' stage and don't want my foundations to act like a mask. I like something reasonably light – with coverage that I can build up, if necessary – that still lets the best bits of my natural skin shine through. Estee Lauder's original Double Wear formula, then, was not the one for me (I only tried a sample, but immediately knew it was too heavy). I'm currently really looking after my skin and trying to clear it up, which means not wearing heavy make-up that has the potential to totally clog up my pores. I went through a period of wearing BB cream with concealer over the top, which looked great, but it didn't stay put on my oily skin.

I turned to Double Wear Light (in the palest shade, which matches my skin tone better than MAC's NC15 has ever done) and was amazed at its staying power. Its light, easily blendable consistency reminds me of the BB/CC creams I am fanatical about. As someone who is a little lazy when doing my make-up before work, I love this foundation because it blends so easily. I can apply it in poorly lit conditions, dabbing a Beauty Blender over it to smooth everything out, and it still looks great. I wear MAC Pro Longwear Concealer on top of this foundation, to cover up any blemishes the foundation might have missed, but, for a 'light' foundation, the coverage is impressive on my acneic skin. After applying a little powder to my t-zone, I'm good to go!

My only issue is with the packaging. A little of this foundation goes a long way, but I still wish the tubes were slightly larger. And slightly less expensive. To be honest, though, for a foundation this good, I'm willing to pay whatever.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Oily skin? Looking for coverage? Look elsewhere. Foundation is very sheer and doesn't cover anything. Tried it for a few days and I wanted to love it but all it did was leave a sheer tint on my face. Reminds me of the MUFE HD. Long lasting? Not sure because I couldn't even see it on my skin. Going back!

Since Estee Lauder's double wear is so popular among makeup junkies, a lot of people want something lighter and less thick but that lasts just as long so here is double wear light.

Depending on how you apply this, sometimes it might appear too cakey or streaky if you use too much, however I find that I don't get this problem using a beauty blender or a sponge. I advise that you wet your sponge before applying this on and do it fast, because this foundation dries quite fast, leaving you little room to work with. Make sure your skin is well moisturized to avoid it drying on dry patches of your skin!

The finish is matte, which is perfect for combination or oily skin and leaves a medium coverage, you can build it up to full but you might risk it becoming cakey. It lasts me the whole day (with a setting powder on top) and transfers the least out of all the foundations I've used, which is great!

There are a limited number of shades however, I use Intensity 2 on my NC25 skin and it's a tad too pink on my skin but it does not oxidize at all which is awesome!