Estee Lauder Double Wear Light SPF10

3.9

New: Ingredients: Water, cyclopentailoxane, trimethylsiloxysilcate, butylene glycol, trimethyl pentaphenyl trixiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, silica, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl, 3 disostearate, tribehenin, peg-10 dimenthicone, bis-peg, ppg-14, 14 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosteratate, lauteth-7, glycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, deimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosterate, laureth-7, glycerin, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg, ppg 10, 1 dimethicone, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), disteardimonium hectorite, methicone, propylene carbonate, tetramethyl hexaphenyl tetrasiloxane, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, dimethicone silylate, toccopheryl acetate, alumina , sorbic acid, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, + - iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium ferro cyanide.

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

on 5/19/2015 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

My skin is EXTREMELY oily, especially during the summer. Everything slides off.
So far I have tried these foundations: MAC Pro Longwear (made me break out, also wasn't long wearing), Estee Lauder Double Wear (although long wearing, colour matching was completely off, had a white cast, and also thought that the coverage was too much for every day), Lancome Teint Idole Ultra (good colour match, loved the finish and wear, but it had so much alcohol and fragrance in it completely ruined my skin), Revlon Colourstay (disliked the colour, made me look cakey and foundation started separating on my skin during the day).

This foundation has definitely been the best one out of all the ones listed above. This one has SPF (although low, so sunscreen underneath should be used- for oily skin try Vichy Soleil Mattifying SPF 50), but it doesn't leave a white cast. Using a make up brush I think it looks streaky, but using a dry beauty blender it leaves a nice sheer-medium coverage.

I have really defined laugh lines on my face, and unless I use something that is very sheer and either has a satin/dewy finish (which always means that it'll come off in about 1-2 hours), foundation always settles into it. This foundation does settle into it but I don't think it's too noticeable and from my experience all these longwearing matte foundations have done the same.

I am acne prone and have sensitive skin, but this hasn't affected it in any way, which is a definite pro.

Pros:
- "affordable" high end foundation (I buy it for £25 online)
- doesn't break me out
- long wearing - about 3-4 hours of completely matte skin, and about 8-9 of dewy looking skin
-easy to apply, and can be used without a primer and setting powder if your skin isn't that oily
-Good colour matching (especially compared to the other Double Wear foundation, which has reeeally strong pink/yellow undertones)

Cons:
-May be expensive for some people
-If not blended properly, it can look streaky

on 5/16/2015 5:11:00 PM

Ok so I'm a bit of a foundation junkie. I'm a big believer in perfecting the base above and beyond anything else, which is why I own so many (and over the years, tried so many) foundations.

I have been a lover of Estée Lauder for many years and owned their foundations before but never Double Wear Light. Previously my skin type has been very very dry and I always used one of the foundations intended for old ladies ;)
In the past couple of years though my skin has been extremely hormonal thanks to pregnancy, breastfeeding and contraception. I'm 34 years old. So my skin type is now more combo, prone to breakouts but also still very dry. It's FABULOUS. (Insert sarcasm here).

I recently purchased this foundation after my sister recommended it to me and I'm absolutely hooked. At first I thought it too drying and heavy on my skin but I just make sure I moisturise properly before using and it's perfect.

The coverage is fantastic; it makes my skin look flawless which is no easy feat these days. The staying power is unbelievable, like nothing I've ever tried before and the colour match (intensity 2.0) is perfect.

The only thing I'll say against it is I hate the smell....it's a really yucky weird smell but only detectable while I'm applying.

Overall though, it's brilliant. It's heavier than I like to wear on a day to day basis for just doing grocery shopping/running kids around...on those day I wear urban decay naked skin. I wouldn't say it's sheer on me at all. But anytime I want a flawless makeup look I now reach for this foundation.

Will definitely repurchase.

on 5/13/2015 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have worn the original double wear for years and I love it as I have very oily t- zone and it's the only thing that lasts on my skin. I decided to try this out in the summer months as I like something lighter and less polished then. When I applied I was impressed by the coverage and the satiny finish but although it lasted a good few hours by the end of the day it had separated in my t-zone. It doesn't have the staying power of the original dw. Also if you have even a HINT of dryness at all it will accentuate this. It's a pity because it looks great most of the day but I hate it when foundations fade this way so I won't repurchase

on 4/23/2015 8:57:00 AM

This is my everyday makeup for years (I use Estee Lauder Double Wear before, but it's unnecessarily to heavy I think). I have a problem with the fact that very few make up my hold on the skin throughout the day. This one is the best, stay all day long and look amazing.
It controls shine amazingly, I use it with Nars loose powder - perfect combo. Covers fine to medium, buildable but must be work on face quickly, because when dry, it is difficult to 'stack'.

on 4/20/2015 2:29:00 AM

I actually really like this stuff. I love how light it feels and the coverage is suprisingly decent with good staying powder for how light it is.

on 4/20/2015 1:37:00 AM

For my skin with a pretty oily t zone. This is an absolute winner and I love it. Repurchased several times now and always will when I can afford too.

It controls shine amazingly. It feels light on the skin and looks beautiful. Instead of looking greasy after a few hours as seems to be an ongoing problem with so many foundations, this manages to keep my skin fresh looking, not too matte but just perfect and then gradually by the end of the day just looks a little dewy, not shiny, dewy, big difference.

I like the no nonsense tube, I like the consistency, not runny, its creamy but not not thick cream. I like the texture and feel on my skin it looks very natural but yet covers well. Not a hint of cake face.. The colour intensity 0.2 is also a perfect match for me.

It's a great foundation.

on 4/5/2015 5:34:00 AM

I really wanted to like this, since my mum swears by this brand. This is usually priced around AUD $70 - $80 in Australia which is very expensive. Therefore, when I went to America, I managed to get this for around AUD $35.

The first time I used it, I was in love with it, it was everything I was looking for. BUT, I stopped using it when it became apparent that it made my face extremely cakey, in particular my forehead where I do have a fair few blemishes. I found that it also became to light for me (must be the hot weather, I am getting darker). So now, I use it as a concealer underneath my foundation. The consistency was annoying, because I found that it dried up too quickly before you could fully blend it into your face. I also found that it showed up all my lines, and dry patches on my forehead. It only works well with my normal skin that's my cheeks which blends in nicely. The only pros is that it does not oxidise.

Maybe as the winter comes, and my skin does become a bit more paler, I will try this out again. But honestly just glad I got this for half the price.

on 3/28/2015 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation is similar in coverage to nars's tinted moisturizer (doesn't last longer than 4 hours on me) or bobbi browns bb cream (ok but expensive/ doesn't last well and a bit heavy). I really liked in when I wore it doing my day to day life, it lasted well over 9 hours and my skin still looked flawless. (For reference I'm oily, olive skinned and use the shade 1.0) However, I am in school to be a nurse, and my face + a hospital = an oily mess. This foundation only lasted about 4-5 hours in the hospital before I started becoming super dewy and eventually oily. I'm not a blotting type of person and have yet to find a primer that may help with the longevity of my makeup (if you know any really good ones PLEASE SHARE YOUR SECRETS WITH ME, especially if you work in a hospital and know how I feel.)

Anyways, I will continue to use this until I find something better/ in conjugtion with a great primer because this has been the only foundation with light coverage that lasts under normal conditions, all day for me.

P.s. I don't powder my face right after I put this on because there really is no need!! In terms of application, i use my fingers to sort of smear it on my face and then stipple it on.

on 3/28/2015 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am so disappointed with this product. I have oily/combination skin and it barely lasts a couple of hours. I have tried several application methods and primers/powders to no avail, it just slides off my skin!
The finish on initial application is lovely and goes on nicely. It has a medium coverage with a semi-matte finish and is really lightweight on the skin.
On me however, the finish quickly turns shiny and melts off my face.
Given the price tag and the fact that (for my skin) this product does not keep its promises, I will not be repurchasing.
I'm not sure I will even bother finishing the tube.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I went to an Estee Lauder counter yesterday and had a very disappointing experience. As someone with VERY pale skin, I was not able to find any foundation in the Double Wear line :( The woman at the counter tried every light shade in every form of Double Wear foundation on me and just could not match me to one. I was sad to hear this because I've heard so many nice things about this foundation.

ADVICE TO ANY GIRL WITH EXTREMELY LIGHT SKIN LOOKING TO BUY THIS PRODUCT:
I highly suggest going to an Estee Lauder counter and getting a shade match first.
Any shade that was close to my skin tone oxidized and turned somewhat orange and too dark for me in a matter of seconds. Please be careful buying!

(lippie rating just bc I had to have one to post)