Estee Lauder Double Wear Light SPF10

3.9

New: Ingredients: Water, cyclopentailoxane, trimethylsiloxysilcate, butylene glycol, trimethyl pentaphenyl trixiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, silica, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl, 3 disostearate, tribehenin, peg-10 dimenthicone, bis-peg, ppg-14, 14 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosteratate, lauteth-7, glycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, deimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosterate, laureth-7, glycerin, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg, ppg 10, 1 dimethicone, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), disteardimonium hectorite, methicone, propylene carbonate, tetramethyl hexaphenyl tetrasiloxane, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, dimethicone silylate, toccopheryl acetate, alumina , sorbic acid, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, + - iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium ferro cyanide.

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

on 7/16/2015 8:53:00 PM

I'm not sure if it's HG status yet but it's a really great summer option for oily skin gals like me. After 12 hours I still looked pretty fresh and I didn't blot or powder all day. In fact, I put it on with a Beauty Blender directly over my moisturizer in the a.m. and didn't even top it will loose powder. It pretty much sets itself. No transfer issues with the phone, white T, etc. The only drawback is that in the "Light" version of this there are very few shade options. I was given a healthy sample of Intensity 3.0 and it reads just a tiny bit dark and maybe a tad orange on me. When I purchase the full size I'll probably opt for the 2.0. It's expensive but I've had bad luck with foundations lately and this may be my new go-to. I've been trying BBs but they all melt on me by the middle of the day. This has real staying power. Some people might dislike the lower SPF (10) but I pretreated with a higher SPF moisturizer before application so it was fine.

on 7/10/2015 4:56:00 PM

My everyday go to foundation, covers all acne scars, stays on all day and doesn't break me out or give me an oily face. Every so often I like to try new foundations but always go back to this one, expensive but worth it.

on 7/10/2015 11:12:00 AM

Good everyday light foundation. Good colour match I was impressed. Will be buying again

on 6/28/2015 6:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Estée Lauder Double Wear Light was a fail for me. I have Rosacea, and this foundation pilled and looked chalky over my red patches. I tried it on its own and over primer (Bareminerals yellow/neutralizing). Bit of a surprise, as I've been happy with Estée Lauder's Double Wear concealer over the exact same parts of my face, used as a foundation or concealer.

The foundation winner remains: Clinique redness solutions foundation.

on 6/1/2015 10:25:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

As you likely know, this is the original Double Wear's younger sister and dare I say it, it's just as expensive. It is definitely lighter than it's older sibling (although still provides a good coverage - not too matte and not too dewy - the perfect hybrid) and, in theory, should prove the perfect day wear foundation... Yes? Well, sort of. My experience both agrees and disagrees with this notion and I will explain why:

PROS
Light, breathable formula providing good coverage - not too matte and not too dewy - the perfect hybrid for combination skin
Looks 'naturally perfected' as opposed to 'typically flawless' in flash photography (face does appear slightly 'light' in comparison to neck/chest but not to the extent of branding this a 'white cast' inducing foundation)
Looks lovely on initial application and has pretty good lasting power/longevity
Beautifully blendable formula - best applied with fingers (which I usually hate!)
Fragrance-free - brilliant for those with sensitive skin
Fabulously hygienic packaging ensuring no product is wasted and very travel friendly*

CONS
Stupidly expensive*
Limited shade selection from Intensity 0.5-6.5 Not ideal for all skintones - intensity 1 matched reasonably well (a little pink but nothing drastic and very much workable)
Made me itch in the heat/when perspiring. A problem I also had with the original formula - assuming this comes down to ingredients?

All in all, despite the limited colour selection, occasional 'Casper face' in flash photography and itching in heat/when perspiring; I genuinely do like this product and they in which it looks on the skin... Would I repurchase? Hmm. I'm not sure - the price is incredibly off-putting and I'd prefer a foundation that didn't aggravate itchiness. That said, it looks lovely in the flesh and blends like a dream so perhaps that's worth the sacrifice? Time will tell...

on 5/19/2015 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

My skin is EXTREMELY oily, especially during the summer. Everything slides off.
So far I have tried these foundations: MAC Pro Longwear (made me break out, also wasn't long wearing), Estee Lauder Double Wear (although long wearing, colour matching was completely off, had a white cast, and also thought that the coverage was too much for every day), Lancome Teint Idole Ultra (good colour match, loved the finish and wear, but it had so much alcohol and fragrance in it completely ruined my skin), Revlon Colourstay (disliked the colour, made me look cakey and foundation started separating on my skin during the day).

This foundation has definitely been the best one out of all the ones listed above. This one has SPF (although low, so sunscreen underneath should be used- for oily skin try Vichy Soleil Mattifying SPF 50), but it doesn't leave a white cast. Using a make up brush I think it looks streaky, but using a dry beauty blender it leaves a nice sheer-medium coverage.

I have really defined laugh lines on my face, and unless I use something that is very sheer and either has a satin/dewy finish (which always means that it'll come off in about 1-2 hours), foundation always settles into it. This foundation does settle into it but I don't think it's too noticeable and from my experience all these longwearing matte foundations have done the same.

I am acne prone and have sensitive skin, but this hasn't affected it in any way, which is a definite pro.

Pros:
- "affordable" high end foundation (I buy it for £25 online)
- doesn't break me out
- long wearing - about 3-4 hours of completely matte skin, and about 8-9 of dewy looking skin
-easy to apply, and can be used without a primer and setting powder if your skin isn't that oily
-Good colour matching (especially compared to the other Double Wear foundation, which has reeeally strong pink/yellow undertones)

Cons:
-May be expensive for some people
-If not blended properly, it can look streaky

on 5/16/2015 5:11:00 PM

Ok so I'm a bit of a foundation junkie. I'm a big believer in perfecting the base above and beyond anything else, which is why I own so many (and over the years, tried so many) foundations.

I have been a lover of Estée Lauder for many years and owned their foundations before but never Double Wear Light. Previously my skin type has been very very dry and I always used one of the foundations intended for old ladies ;)
In the past couple of years though my skin has been extremely hormonal thanks to pregnancy, breastfeeding and contraception. I'm 34 years old. So my skin type is now more combo, prone to breakouts but also still very dry. It's FABULOUS. (Insert sarcasm here).

I recently purchased this foundation after my sister recommended it to me and I'm absolutely hooked. At first I thought it too drying and heavy on my skin but I just make sure I moisturise properly before using and it's perfect.

The coverage is fantastic; it makes my skin look flawless which is no easy feat these days. The staying power is unbelievable, like nothing I've ever tried before and the colour match (intensity 2.0) is perfect.

The only thing I'll say against it is I hate the smell....it's a really yucky weird smell but only detectable while I'm applying.

Overall though, it's brilliant. It's heavier than I like to wear on a day to day basis for just doing grocery shopping/running kids around...on those day I wear urban decay naked skin. I wouldn't say it's sheer on me at all. But anytime I want a flawless makeup look I now reach for this foundation.

Will definitely repurchase.

on 5/13/2015 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have worn the original double wear for years and I love it as I have very oily t- zone and it's the only thing that lasts on my skin. I decided to try this out in the summer months as I like something lighter and less polished then. When I applied I was impressed by the coverage and the satiny finish but although it lasted a good few hours by the end of the day it had separated in my t-zone. It doesn't have the staying power of the original dw. Also if you have even a HINT of dryness at all it will accentuate this. It's a pity because it looks great most of the day but I hate it when foundations fade this way so I won't repurchase

on 4/23/2015 8:57:00 AM

This is my everyday makeup for years (I use Estee Lauder Double Wear before, but it's unnecessarily to heavy I think). I have a problem with the fact that very few make up my hold on the skin throughout the day. This one is the best, stay all day long and look amazing.
It controls shine amazingly, I use it with Nars loose powder - perfect combo. Covers fine to medium, buildable but must be work on face quickly, because when dry, it is difficult to 'stack'.

on 4/20/2015 2:29:00 AM

I actually really like this stuff. I love how light it feels and the coverage is suprisingly decent with good staying powder for how light it is.