July 29, 2014 | 1554 users online

Cleansers - Kiehl's - Ultra Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by BeFineFilipina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Another great product from Kiehl's... Really gentle on skin, and leaves it clean without stripping it of all it's moisture. I switch between this and CeraVe every night, and nothing else expect the occasional microdermabrasion or a micellar water.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have sensitive skin that is dry and I used to use a separate cleanser (Clinique TTDO Balm) to remove my sunscreen/makeup but I don't have to anymore. The Ultra Cleanser removes everything without drying my skin out or irritating. It's very concentrated so it lasts quite a while, too. And no fragrance, yay. The texture is similar to Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming cleanser but that one dries my skin out. Love this stuff!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by PixxiDust

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great basic cleanser - removes all my makeup (and I wear a lot) without irritating my sensitive and dry skin. I've used this for years and love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2014 3:27:00 AM More reviews by wenyuzhang88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have, at any point, four cleansers in rotation. I use each of them for different purposes. The way that I use my Ultra Facial Cleanser is on occasions when I am too tired to go through my entire cleansing routine.

This is a nice one-step cleanser. It will remove makeup better than any drug store cleansers but it probably won't do a full job on waterproof eye makeup. It doesn't strip your skin so that when you're finished washing, there isn't any tightness going on (which is my worst beauty pet peeve).

I've used this cleanser for a few years now and will probably continue using it in the near future.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by HiGayle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite cleanser. Pleasant smell, gentle on face, super effective. I am so glad I found this cleanser. I love how effective it is at removing the most stubborn makeup without being harsh.

I have always used toner as a part of my cleansing routine and have always found residual makeup on my cotton after swiping my whole face, but not with this stuff. Truly effective.

It also is worth the money, a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Sensitivity1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just bought this a few days ago and so far I'm loving it. I have real problem child skin in that its a little combination, very sensitive and will over react to the opening of a wrong bottle leaving me look like I've got localized pin prick acne. I've tried all sorts of brands and have found creme de la mer gel and some of the la roche possay brands the best in the past.
So far this stuff is working a treat. I've just come back from a quickie holiday and had gotten a little too much sun and not had my proper armour of weapons with me to deal with it. My neck had gotten heat rash so I looked positively diseased on my return with the rest of my face horribly blotchy. Yum. Well after a day or two using this and the accompanying moisturiser and Midnight recovery, peace has been restored. My face feels softer than it has for a long time and is quite clear! Horrah! I also have been using the daily moisturiser with spf 50. This is the first time my face has tolerated anything remotely like a sunscreen with me looking like I was coming down with the plague. My pores seem less noticeable and clearer.
My skin does sometimes get used to or over familiar with products and reverts back to its old ways sometimes but for now its happy days. I will post again in a few weeks to see if its still a glowing review though. For now the price is pretty good by comparison to others I've tried with less sucess. Creme de la mer is nice but doesn't do enough for me to justify using it only and trying nothing else. I would gladly pay a lot of money if something was just the answer, but its not that good to warrant the handsome prices.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by lovepixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is the only beauty/skincare/anything product I have ever wanted to return. I hated it. I have combination skin that doesn't generally give me too many problems. I'm confused by all the love for this. It didn't foam up at all, and trying to wash it off felt like wiping off slime. Even a cleansing sponge did not help. It didn't irritate my skin or cause breakouts, but the slime consistency made it impossible for my skin to actually feel clean after using, and it left a residue. Can't wait to take this back. Disappointed, because I generally love Kiehl's products.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by ElleK7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my go to daily cleanser. Gentle enough for winter time when my skin can be VERY dry and irritable. Does NOT strip your skin which I feel what most cleansers do. I then use Kiehl's microdermabrasion 1-2 a week when I want a deeper clean and get rid of my huge pores. LOVE

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this cleanser when I purchased my clarisonic in a package set. I didn't have high expectations for this cleanser, but I must say it is one of my favorite cleansers I have ever tried. This facewash has most of the properties I prefer: a mild cleansee that lathers, is fragrance free, doesn't irritate and removes all my makeup without a makeup remover needed. The only reason why I won't repurchase again.....sadly......is because the brand is not cruelty free; they've expanded their market into China where by law they must test their products on animals. Some things to note about this cleanser is that I little goes a long way, it is very thick and almost sticky at first, but lathers nicely. This would be my HG cleanser if Kiehls was completely cruelty free :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by strangelove_addiction

The best cleanser I've found to date for sensitive skin. I've tried Cetaphil (non-irritating but totally ineffective at removing makeup) and Spectro jel (non-irritating but only marginally better than Cetaphil at removing makeup) and this one is far better.

Foams up nicely and removes make-up, while being fragrance-free, non-irritating, and non-drying. I'm hoping to find something cheaper but a little does go a long way - I've had my tube for over a year and with daily use, there's still an inch left.

Skin type: normal, sensitive to fragrances and dyes