Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser

4.2

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Decyl Glucoside, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Acrylate Copolymer, Pge-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Lauryl Glucoside, Sodium Chloride, Pentylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Distearyl Ether, Behenyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Laureth-2, Citric Acid, Disodium Edta, Propylparaben, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Sodium Methylparaben, Squalane, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil

on 6/1/2015 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been a huge fan of Kiehl's forever, so I don't know why I have never used the cleanser before. Long story short ... this is my new favorite holy grail face wash. This face wash is great for when at the end of the nigh, when you've had to much to drink and you just want to get all of your makeup off in one go. It gets everything off including difficult mascara and Benefit's "they're real push up liner", leaving your face soft and totally free of any makeup or residue. It also gets bonus points for being fragrance free. The Ultra Facial Cleanser is not cheap by any means, but it is totally worth it.

on 5/12/2015 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

I am so happy I purchased this because it is such a decent, reliable cleanser. You only need a small amount of it and its enough for your whole face. This cleanser isn't the lathering/foaming type, its very gentle, so you will find you need to add more water for it to thicken. The cleanser feels really nourishing and my skin feels so clean afterwards. It's worth the money for the amount you get and how long it will last.

on 4/28/2015 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This removes makeup and cleanses very well but it caused irritation to my skin. I got a lot of blackheads and bumps on my forehead. The first few weeks of using this cleanser my skin started to clear up but it got much worse after about a month. I had to stop using it after I realized it was causing my blackheads and acne. It was a Christmas gift (It came in a kit) so I'm not sure of the price but I know Kiehl's isn't really cheap. (at least not to me)

on 3/21/2015 7:46:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this cleanser as my skin feels really clean after using it. It has a nice and gentle formula, it removes makeup well (but not heavy eye makeup), it does not have a strong scent and it doesn't dry out my skin. It's the perfect cleanser. I highly recommend it!

on 2/14/2015 11:14:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I like Kiehl's cleansers (before I used calendula cleanser which I liked a lot), they are gentle yet effective and fairly priced in my opinion. But the fact what makes me adore them is the gel texture- this one is thick and unctuous, feels like luxury on my face skin. And it cleans skin well, it also contains oils which I believe contributes to non-drying effect.

okay, in one word - I love it!

update: I have been using it for two months now. It is the best facial cleanser I have ever had, a real HG product for me! It cleanses very well and the skin feels moisturized after. Plus you need only a little bit - after using it every single day I think I have used about a half of the tube. Great product!

on 2/9/2015 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is way too drying for my skin, it left a tight squeaky clean feeling, and I had to moisturize after using it..so not for my dry skin...combination skins might enjoy it...and I didn't t like the thick texture either...I prefer light soft textures. This is too harsh. Cleansers should be gentle as to not irritate the skin.
Overall Kiehls products are in my opinion overated.
I much prefer Cerave hydrating cleanser..

on 2/9/2015 6:36:00 PM

This is the best cleanser EVER. For the past several years, I've tended toward cream or milk cleansers with absolutely no foaming agents for my sensitive, easily-dehydrated skin. I never would have tried this, but a friend who works for Kiehl's sent me a care package with Ultra Facial Cleanser in it and I had run out of my usual so I started using it and haven't looked back since. A little background--I'm in the process of healing a serious hormonal breakout (lasted about 5 months). Every derm I went to put me on prescriptions and my skin ended up worse than before, plus totally dry and crepe-y. I've completely scaled back to all gentle products, including this cleanser, and what a world of difference I've experienced. This will remove all of your makeup with a double-cleanse. It foams a little, but it's highly emollient and my skin is never tight after. I use it twice a day with an Avene moisturizer and a sunscreen and I'm good to go. I like the packaging as it is simple and hygienic, and though it's a little expensive, it lasts forever. I've used one bottle twice a day for over two months and still have plenty left. Highly recommend!

on 1/29/2015 4:47:00 AM

Finally a facial cleanser that worked so well..
Thumbs up to this product ...its far better than clinique and philosophy cleansers ..
I would surely reccommed it to everybody who is struggling hard to find a good cleanser

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really like this cleanser. It foams up beautifully. I find it very gentle and it helped balance out my combination skin when I was dealing with a break out, along with patches of dryness. It did not make my skin drier, which is a concern for me. I agree with another reviewer who mentioned it did not do a good job of removing makeup. It does remove light makeup, but does not do a good job of removing the heavier stuff, and I do not put the cleanser anywhere near my eyes.

I do find that it has a slight smell, almost chemically, smell which I did not enjoy. I could get past the smell though and it disappears after the cleanser is washed off.

I also find it expensive and there are other cleansers that I like just as much as this one.

Despite the smell and expense, I do think that I will be repurchasing it.

on 1/8/2015 1:39:00 AM

This is ok cleanser for my combination oily skin. It did not cause any irritation or breakouts. I find it too drying if I use it everyday as a morning cleanser. After using for 1 week straight my face became dehydrate flaky and peeling. This strips the oil from my face it end up producing more oily with the surface flaky peeling. Too striping but pores are still not clean.