October 23, 2014 | 2162 users online

Treatments (Face) - Aloe Vera Plant

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 5:24:00 AM More reviews by mitziem

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I needed to have radiotherapy for breast cancer and directly after each treatment, before putting my clothes back on I would use a combination of plant aloe vera(the plant is cooling and soothing) and aloe gel from a pump pack on my breast. By the end of my treatment the radiographer said he could not believe how my breast was in great condition with minimal burning. He said he had only seen one other in better condition and that person had used only the commercial aloe gel.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2014 1:39:00 AM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

No matter what I do, this just wreaks havoc on my skin and makes me break out like crazy. First time I used it was a few months back, and the day after my fine lines were more prominent. I decided to give it another go a couple of days ago and now I have whiteheads and cystic pimples all over my face. Gross. What's more is that ever since then, my face has had a weird puffy look. I won't use this ever again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2014 5:26:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For centuries aloe vera has been known to heal minor burns and damaged or irritated skin. I'm not sure about the far fetched claims by companies that have hijacked aloe and tout it as a cure-all (Forever Living springs to mind). It isn't - it did nothing for an eye infection I had recently (it's safe to apply), but good old table saltwater saw that off. But I know it works for certain conditions. Keep a plant to hand and when you need it break off a small amount and rub on the affected area. But there are other plants and herbs with similar healing properties, including lavender (my favourite) and tea tree. And aloe is also great used in a homemade mask on very dry hair as it helps to close the hair cuticle.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Deedee566

I buy a giant aloe vera leaf from the local asian supermarket, for 1.99! amazing deal, and its so beautiful. Every night, i cut off a piece of the leaf and apply the gel to my face. I massage it in for a few minutes to make sure my skin absorbes it well. I feel like it really helps my skin stay clear and smooth. I have acne prone skin, so its comforting for me to know that this will moisturize without triggering acne. in fact, I believe it helps with acne too, and is so cheap. what could be better than using and all natural treatment without chemicals for that price??

The only con i can think of is that when the gel dries, your skin may feel tight and possibly even itchy. it makes you think its drying out your skin, but its not. once you rinse off you see that the gel turns gooey again and your skin feels hydrated.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by pearlyriver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you want to grow an aloe vera plant to make use of its juice and pulp for your beauty routine, think again. When it's time for the beauty time, the last thing you'd want to do is to run to the garden, cut off an aloe leaf, peel the skin, squeeze out the slimy gel, apply it on your face and move on to the next steps of your routine. The efficacy of the aloe gel deteriorate quickly, hence it's best used fresh. In addition, if the gel and your skin get along, your home-grown aloe plant may not grow quickly enough for your skincare need. If I know how to preserve my big batch of aloe vera gel, I would be a millionaire. The only thing I can o is to blend to pulp and gel in a blender and freeze them into ice cubes. The potency of the miracle gel may deteriorate somehow, but I want a bit of convenience. That being said, I'd rather use freshly-extracted aloe gel than the store-bought version, not because I'm against preservetives and fillers, but because the former beats the latter by a long long shot. After my skin drinks the gel, everything else glides on more smoothly. My oily, acne-prone, easily inflame skin and aloe vera gel are BFF. Aloe vera gel is very soothing, so you're unlikely to hate it, but it doesn't hurt o patch test first. If your skin is on the dry side, however, you may need to layer more powerhouse moisturizer keep your skin hydrated. Last but not least, don't expect it to be a solution to all of your skin concerns, although I've called it a heaven send. Skincare is all about finding the right combos of things your skin loves and in my case, aloe vera gel makes the whole odyssey easier and step up the efficacy of other products I use.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by TheMickster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using aloe for over 6 months now and I absolutely love it! I buy my aloe plants wherever I find them and my house is filled with these wonderful healing plants!
They range in price and size $3.99 (IKEA) to about $20
I started using this because of a huge acne problem that started after I stopped birth control. No matter how many expensive products I tried I couldn't get rid of my acne, in fact it was getting worse.
I chose aloe because it is all natural and good for the skin. Its antibacterial, antifungal , antiseptic and heals amazingly. I cut a small piece every nite and massage a thick layer of the clear gel all over my face neck and décolletage . I allow 1 minute to dry and apply a moisturizer.
This stuff is heaven sent I'm not kidding. My zits are basically gone besides an occasional flare up when its that time of the month. And even then they come to head quicker and I lance and pop them and apply aloe. Aloe makes it scab and heal 100x faster than without. It dries up within 2 days and falls off.
Perfection. Just make sure you use it for a full 90 days to benefit and fully adjust to it.
If you are having problems getting the liquid/gel make sure you squish the inside of the (opened) leaf with your thumb. It comes right out.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by blondchick12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love having this plant in my room and the idea of natural skincare/treatment. I do find this to be more gentle than the packaged aloe vera but it is more difficult to work with. I can only get a small amount out from each section of leaf and it is difficult to spread. However for small cuts and burns this is great and either way I enjoy having the plant.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by stls

I was experimenting with natural skin care recently and after oat cleansing, yogurt mask, green tea toner and ice cubes as a spot treatment I tried aloe vera, straight from the plant.

It was all I used on my face besides cleanser, sunscreen and face scrub for three weeks. At first I was thrilled; my skin was more even, old pimples healed, I had no new breakouts, less oiliness and there was an overall glow.

I just rubbed a freshly cut and opened piece of the aloe leaf on my face after cleansing twice a day. The cons were the unpleasant sensation of rubbing slime all over and the bitter herbal scent but I didn't mind because it was working. That was until I came across a particularly smelly leaf that made me nauseous and I wasn't able to use that method any more.

After that I bought 90% aloe ready in tube that was more pleasant (or at least not nasty!) but the results weren't that impressive and I started having breakouts again.

I recommend trying aloe vera to see if it works for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by SophMcD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've only used the syrup from the leaves for one night and wow! That's all I have to say! I had a reaction to a glycolic acid toner that left my skin itchy and burning and red even after I stopped using it. After using the aloe Vera overnight the breakout and redness went down in half and no more itching or burning. My skin feels so soft and overall much better. I will continue to use every night! I bought mine for cheap at a Chinese grocery store.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Catlove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I always loved any skincare that listed aloe as an ingredient and it soothes sunburn so well. So I grew my own plant. A bit slimy to use but soothes the skin so well. I can't say anything negative about it. And its natural as can be.