Aveeno Positively Ageless Lifting and Firming Night Cream

3.2

Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Tetrahydroxypropyl Ethylenediamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, PPG 2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Squalane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearyl Heptanoate, Glyceryl Stearate, Polyacrylamide, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Ganoderma Lucidum Stem Extract (Mushroom), Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Algae Extract, Copper Gluconate, Lentinus Edodes Extract, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, PEG 75 Stearate, Glycolic Acid, Stearyl Caprylate, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ceteth 20, Steareth 20, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, CyclopentaSiloxane, Laureth 7, Allantoin, Zinc Gluconate, Magnesium Aspartate

on 5/12/2011 1:49:00 AM

I love Aveeno skin care products and the Positively Ageless line is one of my favorites. I switched from PX to Aveeno products when I lost my job and could no longer spend $50+ on night creams. I use AHA products and this firming cream keeps my skin hydrated and smooth. I use this and switch off with the Aveeno Positively Ageless Reconditioning Night Cream. I like them both, it just depends which one is on sale.

on 9/3/2010 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I just started using this product yesterday and am very pleased with it so far. I have sensitive skin but have had good luck with Aveeno products in the past because of the natural ingredients. It is a thick moisturizer and has a very pleasant aroma. I will update later if I have any adverse reactions to it.

on 4/19/2010 8:04:00 PM

I have dry skin and have used night creams during the day, because most day moisturizers are too lite for me. I really like the Aveeno serum and was hoping this would be a hit, but it's just horrible. It does not moisturize, just sits on top of your skin. Worse, it itches. I don't even have sensitive skin, but I wanted to get this off immediately. I thought I should give it another go and put it on my neck. Well, I've been scratching my neck like crazy. I hope I can return it.

on 4/18/2010 7:06:00 PM

Clearly, this is a "love it or hate it" sort of product. I hate it.

I was excited to try it because of the many glowing reviews. I even bit the bullet after I saw the price - I think it cost me somewhere around $20, which is insanely high for a drugstore product. Unfortunately, it's too late for me to return it, but I'm glad to be able to share my experience on MUA.

This is one of the worst products I've ever used, least of all because of the price. Where to begin? It has a very strong, perfume-y fragrance. For a natural product, it sure smells like chemicals to me. It stung my face every single time I used it. Like an idiot, I kept putting it on every day, thinking my skin would eventually get used to it, but no. It didn't moisturize at all - I still found patches of dry skin here and there, which is weird, because my skin is on the oily side. It didn't make me break out as terribly as some other reviewers, but I do think it left me with redness and an overall uneven tone. Oh yeah, and it's only available in jar form - the most unsanitary packaging ever.

I'm not going to tell you not to buy it, because it's obviously worked for some. But please, if it stings or burns, stop using it right away - don't force it.

on 4/12/2010 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I think I got combo + sensitive skin. I used to use Biotherm with no problems but all of sudden my sensitive skin can't take it anymore. I was ok with Aveeno's Ultra calming SPF moisturizer so I decided to give the night cream a try...not good at all.
1. Heavily frangranted: The moment I opened the lid I could smell that it wasn't right...smelt like some cheap air freshener used in washroom (sorry but that's really what it smells like)
2. Irritate my skin...I got bumps after using it.
I gave up after 3 nights. Gonna use it for my neck/hands.

on 3/10/2010 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I can't speak on the lifting or firming thing but this a really good moisturizer for those with dry skin. After I cleanse my face, I slab some this on my face before night time and I wake up with really soft skin. Really good product

on 12/30/2009 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have been using this for a few weeks and so far so good...no breakouts, only soft skin. I apply it on top of my night serum since my skin still feels very dry after using a repair serum only. It is important to keep your skin hydrated, even letting it get dry over night isn't healthy. Ever notice how fine linea are so much more noticeable with dry skin? This product absorbs well and keeps my skin very soft and moisturized. I can still feel it when I rinse off my face the next morning but it isn't a heavy feeling, just soft. I have an oily T-zone so a lot moisturizers will get a bit too greasy feeling on my forehead but I've never had that problem with this.

I also have sensitive skin and I've extremely senstive to smells, many products will give me a headache but I've not had any issues with the scent from this night cream.

The lifting and firming is rather subtle but in comparison to other lifting/firming producst I've tried, at least this one doesn't make your face feel so tight that you are afraid to smile for fear of cracking skin. Another beneift I've noticed is a healthy glow..not sure if it is from this product or since I've pulled back on the Retin A a bit to reduce the pasty white face look.

I wouldn't say this is a miracle cream but I am very happy with the results and for me, it works great on top of a nightly repair serum.

on 5/31/2009 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product works for me, I wake up with smooth, rested looking skin. I used to use the lifting cream from Avon before this and I prefer this to the Avon one since it's easier to apply. It really is a smooth, light cream. The perfume is quite strong but it doesn't bother me. Compared to my other creams though, there's less product in this small tub. But I will definitely repurchase. My skin is just much softer and smoother after switching to this.

on 4/25/2009 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received a sample of this product from Walmart and it's lasted a few days. I really wanted to like it, because I love Aveeno.

PROS: Okay moisturizing power. Pleasant smell (although a little strong for the face).
CONS: Leaves a slight residue on skin. Sometimes will ball up if you applied too much and then rub your skin. Does not do what it claims ("visibly lift and firm, visibly reduce lines and wrinkles"). Makes my face feel a tiny bit itchy.

I will not be repurchasing this product. I'll stick to my super-inexpensive Avon Nurtura moisturizer! It's way cheaper and works pretty well for a moisturizer (it doesn't do anything else, but it doesn't claim to do anything else either).

on 3/10/2009 4:37:00 AM

I got a small tube of this as a free sample, man I LOVE the smell. It feels so good on my skin too. Its cooling and it doesn't feel sticky on my skin like most night creams. I'd want to buy a full size bottle but its kind of expensive. I'll definitely use the whole sample though.

Popular Moisturizers