December 22, 2014 | 1748 users online

Moisturizers - Clarins - Hydra Quench Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a really soothing cream that instantly makes me skin feel hydrated! I use this over the double serum and it works really well. No break outs just hydrated soft plump skin. Overall, this is a really great cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by idlejo

Got this product in lotion form with SPF. Absolutely brilliant for my skin in the current cold and drying weather. My skin literally drinks this up and is left feeling dewy and soft. Also, really love the scent. Yes, probably doesn't do much in terms of wrinkle fighting but as a good quality moisturiser for dehydrated skin this is fab! Have been using this with the double serum and find the combination works well. Only downside is the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by carolinebuttiglieri

Obsessed. First product I've used where I've gotten compliments on my skin. SUPER OVERPRICED but if you use it only as a day cream(or whenever you will be wearing it under make up ) I feel as though it acts as a primer and moisturizer. Fabulous product. Keep it in the fridge if you're putting it on first thing in the morning and it feels fabulous.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Horxus

This is the best moisturizer that I have used so far and I am on my second pot. I have quite oily, acne-prone skin with occassional dry patches around my mouth and nose and it doesn't block my pores or irritate my skin. I like the smell and the texture, it applies very well and sits nicely under makeup (I use estee lauder double wear on most days).

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2014 5:05:00 AM More reviews by Aase1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review is for the Hydra Quench Cream for normal to dry skin, with spf 15.

The cream is OK, so I will finish the pot. But will not repurchase.

This makes my face look way shiny, and I have to put on tons of powder.
And don't really feel it is doing anything great for my skin, it doesn't really make me break out, but it does not reduce the number of break outs I have either. For this price range, the product should be better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 3:31:00 AM More reviews by Mandymoo202

This is a really great non greasy moisturiser

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by xtinacab

I usually use this for warm nights or cloudy days. It is absolutely perfect for combo or oily skin and probably too matte for dry skin. I love love the texture as its gel-like and light. Its perfect to wear under make up or in hot climates.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by pianoBUTTER

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

My skin absorbs this really fast but after a few hours it starts getting greasy and shiny. I've tested all of the moisturizers from the HydraQuench range but none could ever work. They don't hydrate or moisturize my skin as much as I need them to. I got a few samples of Clarins Bright Plus HP range recently and thank god both day and night creams suit my skin and the weather here (I live in the tropics). They're more hydrating compared to HydraQuench and my face looks fresh everyday even after long hours on campus.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by rubyred23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've recently taken a keen interest in skincare after a friend of mine reminded me that you only get one face, and it's not like having a nice handbag - you can't just save up for a new one when it starts getting shabby!

I decided that the one thing I really needed to address in my skincare regime is my moisturiser. I have dry and flaky skin in the winter which is also prone to dehydration.

I never really spend money on moisturiser and have always preferred the Olay complete care moisturiser with SPF 15. I wear a full face of makeup every day to work and Olay provides such an excellent base for foundation.

I decided to splash out and get something with more hydration but which also has a light consistency so that I could wear it during the day, under my foundation.

I read up on different moisturisers and the Clarins Hydra Quench seemed like it would be great.

The PROs for this cream are: 1) It has a lovely light consistency; 2) it absorbs quickly; and 3) I feel like I am really treating my face when I put this on!

The big CON for me is that it does not seem to "agree" with my foundations.
As in, when I apply my foundation over it, the makeup turns into little balls on my face and actually won't even stay on and ends up getting on my clothes etc. Twice now I've had to actually wash my face and start from scratch again which is a total pain in the morning when I am inevitably rushing. I've had this effect when I've used Estee Lauder double wear foundation, MAC Pro Longwear foundation and my little compact from Benefit. That is three foundations!

I think I will have to start using this at night instead. :(
So here I am, 50 poorer and back to my quest of finding a reliable moisturiser that will hydrate my skin and still allow me to apply my foundation without it turning into millions of horrid tiny balls!!!

Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have any suggestions?

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by valerieetc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have been using this cream for a week only, but so far I love it!
I was hesitant about getting the normal/dry version at first because I tend to avoid rich creams which refuse to sink in, but this one turned out to be surprisingly light. Besides, my skin does seem to dry out during winter and months of excessive central heating.
Since I haven't figured the down sides yet (except for the price, ha!), here are the parts which I especially like:
1) The smell is heavenly. I am still trying to figure it out - cucumber mixed with apple? It is faintly sweet and refreshing, and not heavy at all.
2) It sinks in fast and leaves no film or residue of any kind. To compare, my previous Shiseido moisturizer left a thin layer of an invisible substance which felt like finely milled powder or even chalk.
3) I've found that it is extremely pleasant to massage this into my skin. I suppose this cream is rich enough to allow this, whereas all the previous moisturizers that I used sank in really quickly or just stuck to my skin immediately and refused to move around.
So far I highly recommend this product - it is perfectly suitable for normal skin, and I suspect that combination skin would benefit from it as well :)

UPD: OK, a few weeks into this and I have mixed feelings already. I've been getting a weird breakout lately which seems to go away and then comes back even worse, and I'm afraid that this moisturizer only makes it worse. I kinda suspect that my skin is (and has always been) sensitive to an overload of artificial ingredients which you usually find in something non-eco-friendly. Will be switching back to LUSH products for the time being..