October 23, 2014 | 1859 users online

Moisturizers - Clarins - Hydra Quench Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by carolinebuttiglieri

Obsessed. First product I've used where I've gotten compliments on my skin. SUPER OVERPRICED but if you use it only as a day cream(or whenever you will be wearing it under make up ) I feel as though it acts as a primer and moisturizer. Fabulous product. Keep it in the fridge if you're putting it on first thing in the morning and it feels fabulous.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Horxus

This is the best moisturizer that I have used so far and I am on my second pot. I have quite oily, acne-prone skin with occassional dry patches around my mouth and nose and it doesn't block my pores or irritate my skin. I like the smell and the texture, it applies very well and sits nicely under makeup (I use estee lauder double wear on most days).

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2014 5:05:00 AM More reviews by Aase1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review is for the Hydra Quench Cream for normal to dry skin, with spf 15.

The cream is OK, so I will finish the pot. But will not repurchase.

This makes my face look way shiny, and I have to put on tons of powder.
And don't really feel it is doing anything great for my skin, it doesn't really make me break out, but it does not reduce the number of break outs I have either. For this price range, the product should be better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 3:31:00 AM More reviews by Mandymoo202

This is a really great non greasy moisturiser

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by xtinacab

I usually use this for warm nights or cloudy days. It is absolutely perfect for combo or oily skin and probably too matte for dry skin. I love love the texture as its gel-like and light. Its perfect to wear under make up or in hot climates.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by pianoBUTTER

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

My skin absorbs this really fast but after a few hours it starts getting greasy and shiny. I've tested all of the moisturizers from the HydraQuench range but none could ever work. They don't hydrate or moisturize my skin as much as I need them to. I got a few samples of Clarins Bright Plus HP range recently and thank god both day and night creams suit my skin and the weather here (I live in the tropics). They're more hydrating compared to HydraQuench and my face looks fresh everyday even after long hours on campus.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by rubyred23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've recently taken a keen interest in skincare after a friend of mine reminded me that you only get one face, and it's not like having a nice handbag - you can't just save up for a new one when it starts getting shabby!

I decided that the one thing I really needed to address in my skincare regime is my moisturiser. I have dry and flaky skin in the winter which is also prone to dehydration.

I never really spend money on moisturiser and have always preferred the Olay complete care moisturiser with SPF 15. I wear a full face of makeup every day to work and Olay provides such an excellent base for foundation.

I decided to splash out and get something with more hydration but which also has a light consistency so that I could wear it during the day, under my foundation.

I read up on different moisturisers and the Clarins Hydra Quench seemed like it would be great.

The PROs for this cream are: 1) It has a lovely light consistency; 2) it absorbs quickly; and 3) I feel like I am really treating my face when I put this on!

The big CON for me is that it does not seem to "agree" with my foundations.
As in, when I apply my foundation over it, the makeup turns into little balls on my face and actually won't even stay on and ends up getting on my clothes etc. Twice now I've had to actually wash my face and start from scratch again which is a total pain in the morning when I am inevitably rushing. I've had this effect when I've used Estee Lauder double wear foundation, MAC Pro Longwear foundation and my little compact from Benefit. That is three foundations!

I think I will have to start using this at night instead. :(
So here I am, 50 poorer and back to my quest of finding a reliable moisturiser that will hydrate my skin and still allow me to apply my foundation without it turning into millions of horrid tiny balls!!!

Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have any suggestions?

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by valerieetc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have been using this cream for a week only, but so far I love it!
I was hesitant about getting the normal/dry version at first because I tend to avoid rich creams which refuse to sink in, but this one turned out to be surprisingly light. Besides, my skin does seem to dry out during winter and months of excessive central heating.
Since I haven't figured the down sides yet (except for the price, ha!), here are the parts which I especially like:
1) The smell is heavenly. I am still trying to figure it out - cucumber mixed with apple? It is faintly sweet and refreshing, and not heavy at all.
2) It sinks in fast and leaves no film or residue of any kind. To compare, my previous Shiseido moisturizer left a thin layer of an invisible substance which felt like finely milled powder or even chalk.
3) I've found that it is extremely pleasant to massage this into my skin. I suppose this cream is rich enough to allow this, whereas all the previous moisturizers that I used sank in really quickly or just stuck to my skin immediately and refused to move around.
So far I highly recommend this product - it is perfectly suitable for normal skin, and I suspect that combination skin would benefit from it as well :)

UPD: OK, a few weeks into this and I have mixed feelings already. I've been getting a weird breakout lately which seems to go away and then comes back even worse, and I'm afraid that this moisturizer only makes it worse. I kinda suspect that my skin is (and has always been) sensitive to an overload of artificial ingredients which you usually find in something non-eco-friendly. Will be switching back to LUSH products for the time being..

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2014 9:11:00 AM More reviews by millietizzard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this moisturiser after using the Clarins Cleanser and Toner for Normal to Dry skin.
I get quite dry in the cheeks with my T-Zone being normal to a little bit oily in summer.

I first used this moisturiser at night time and found that it sank in quickly and left my skin super soft. Smells nice (can be a little overpowering for some?)
The following morning I used it again after cleansing and toning like always, and found that it left an unpleasant layer on my skin and I could feel sweat sitting on top of it almost immediately.

A few hours later I found that this had caused tiny red bumps to appear around my chin and mouth, however these disappeared by the next day.

I think this is a nice enough moisturiser in dry climates but the humidity does not mix well with this moisturiser. It is nice to use at night and I recently went to Sydney for a week and it was fine there as it was much less humid.

Nice glass jar however, would prefer if this was in a pump.

So, in conclusion, nice moisturiser, leaves skin feeling lovely and soft, great for dry climates and steer away if you live in a humid climate/ perspire on your face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 8:32:00 AM More reviews by fivezero

I purchased this early last year as my first foray into higher end face cream, after trying many drugstore brands (Neutrogena, Nivea, Olay, Dormer, La Roche-Posay, etc.) and being unable to find anything that worked well on my dry but cystic acne-prone skin. This Clarins cream ended up working very well for nighttime use - any other thicker night creams I'd tried would break me out. It keeps my skin moisturized but not oily, feels great going on, and absorbs quickly. The scent is subtle and very pleasant.

It also saved my skin while I was on vacation in Europe this year. I'd stupidly taken a travel bottle of a Bliss face wash (which I'd never used at a stretch of more than a few days at a time) and my trusty Neutrogena daytime moisturizer. After a week of Scandinavian weather, the Bliss cleanser had made my face red and itchy. It was totally miserable! I ended up purchasing another jar of the Clarins at the Frankfurt airport duty-free (thought I should get something I knew would work, although there was surprisingly little savings to be found even matched up to the Canadian prices I am used to!) and my face cleared up almost entirely by the next 1-2 days. That will teach me to pack light on a trip!

I will keep purchasing this cream, but since I have not tried many in this price range, it will maintain a 4/5 rating for now. It should get docked partial pointage because of the packaging, as well: the jar, while heavy, lovely and expensive-seeming, is not especially hygienic.