October 30, 2014 | 1759 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Boots - Botanics Instant Glow Tinted Moisturiser

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Adriana265

Not that impressed. I'm happy I only paid £3.99 for it. It's really good at moisturizing, but that's pretty much the only thing I like about it. It comes in one shade but I find it slightly dark for my NC30 yellow undertoned skin. It also appears to have a slight orange/pink undertone which doesnt look too good. If you apply more than 1 layer it balls up on your skin and leaves brown flaky things...ugggh. It smells like an old vaseline body lotion I used to have. I think the ingredients are pretty decent, and I don't experience breakouts when using this. The coverage is EXTREMELY sheer. I'm a girl who loves natural/sheer face products, but this just takes the piss. It looks like my skin, but darker. Nothing is covered. It doesn't even sort out any uneveness in my skintone.

Because of the lack of coverage and dodgy colour tone, I would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2009 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Florettaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It does even out your skin tone slightly, but is difficult to blend into your skin without leaving brown streaks on my face. Not the look I was exactly after! ;)
I have been mixing it with my normal daily moisturiser to make it easier to blend, but I don't think that it ought to be neccessary when you've bought a tinted moisturiser to supposedly do the job for you. A bottle lasts for ages but I wont be buying it again.

*UPDATE*
The only way I have found to use up this product which is quite good, is I sometimes mix it half and half with a body lotion to use it on my legs when wearing shorts / skirts. This does tend to smooth out skin tone and looks better. I wouldn't recommend this 'neat' onto your face - its just too orange on me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2008 9:54:00 AM More reviews by savethemarianne

This is a new formula from Botanics that comes in one shade. It has ginko and Echinacea extracts approved by Kew Botanical Gardens. It's a bargain at £3.99 for 75ml. It blends in well and does wonders for pale washed out skin, I use it regularly alternating with my other tinted moisturiser for daytime use just to give a bit more colour to my face and to even out the skin a bit. This one is slightly better than the natural collection one as it gives a noteable slight glow whereas the natural collection tinted moisturiser just gives a smoothed out look.*update* after a while this started to get a bit thick in the bottle, so I have changed to Bobbi Brown and just opted to pay a bit more. Also in winter months, when I lost my tan it started to look a bit orange