Elizabeth Arden High Shine Lip Gloss - Frosted Camellia

3.0

This product comes out very sheer and adds a sparkly light nude color to my lips. I really like the way this product looks and feels, however, I hate the way it smells. It has a very, very strong fragrance which I can taste and it is very unpleasant. I wish it didn't smell so strong or else this product would be perfect. I wouldn't buy the product again because the fragrance is so overpowering and it makes me want to wipe it off.
I also should mention that I bought this lip gloss a few years ago so maybe they changed the way it smells since then. Well, hopefully they did.

on 2/26/2008 9:58:00 PM

This is a pretty nice gloss but a terrible color for me. Frosted Camellia looks like a pale, nudey-blush in the tube, but turns into a sheer layer of white on my lips. Very unattractive since the cool tone in this intensifies the slight plumminess in my natural lip color, making them a sort of grayish lavender color. Purplish lips always makes me look ill so I'll pass on getting more. This might work on those who are very pale and cool-toned and who like milky, light pink lips.

On the plus side, the gloss itself has a nice texture (smooth, thick, only very slightly sticky), good pigmentation and lacks a scent and taste. I was expecting Elizabeth Arden to load their products with old-fashioned cosmetic fragrances (powdery rose, etc.) but nothing. I'm pleasantly surprised--I've never really been interested in EA cosmetics and this gloss has made me curious. (They really should work on their marketing, though).