La Roche Posay Physiological Cleansing Gel

3.9

AQUA, PEG-7 GLYCERYL COCOATE, POLOXAMER 124, POLOXAMER 184, ACRYLAMIDE/SODIUM, ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE COPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, ISOHEXADECANE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, AMMONIUM POLYACRYLDIMETHYLTAURAMIDE / AMMONIUM, POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE, POLYSORBATE 80, SORBITAN OLEATE, T-BUTYL ALCOHOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, MYRTRIMONIUM, BROMIDE, BENZOIC ACID, PARFUM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is my HG cleanser. I use one pump in the morning on a damp face, and and at night I use it on a dry face first to remove makeup and sunscreen, rinse, and do a second cleanse on damp skin.

My skin is sensitive, acne prone and dry. Oil cleansing clogs my skin (I've tried dozens of store bought and DIY oil cleansers) and foaming cleansers dry me out, but this does neither. It feels super gentle, it removes all my makeup, but my skin does not feel stripped or tight after.

It does have a fragrance but it doesn't bother me, and it's often on sale at drugstore.com

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Amazing!
I have combination and sensitive skin, so trying to avoid sulfates, parabens etc, therefore I've been looking for something gentle but with great cleansing ability at the same time and I must say I've found it. This gel cleanses my skin very gentle and smoothly, it smells nice but not too much and I don't have any redness or other reaction after using it. It cleanses good, but anyway I after cleanse with Bioderma sensibio micelar water. I'm sure both together do the great job and I can see the difference in my face quality after few months using it. No blemishes, no redness, just nicely clean and soft skin. I keep repurchase this one :)

This was recommended for teen skin so I tried it on my daughter who has blackheads and very fair skin, thinking it would be gentle. Her cheeks and nose went red and she got lumps under the skin and some lumps on her skin too. We stopped and the skin has improved.
Disappointed as thought it would be suitable for her.

I find it has a very strong fragrance for a supposedly gentle cleanser. So still looking for something to help her.

I really wanted to like this! I love some other LRP products that I've tried. I usually use Ponds cold cream to cleanse but wanted something a bit "fancier". This is bordering on too scented for me- citrusy- but I could have lived with just that problem. However it caused my face to get very tight and itchy and eventually caused breakouts. Its in my husband's shower to use up now.
The formula itself seems nice, a cooling gel, applies nicely, etc.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Sensitive, combination, Rosacea skin
Can turn my skin red and dry if i use too much product or leave it on for too long. Using a tiny pump (pea size), massage over my moisten face with my finger tips for a few seconds and rise off thoroughly works best for me.
This does not remove my Kate BB cream or eye liner. I pre-cleanse with Bioderma. Have used this for 1.5months by my dermatologist recommendation..
Edit: 26/06/15 on my second bottle. Using it once a day instead of two works best. Less drying effects.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Gorgeous! This is very gentle and feels soft on the skin but still like a really good cleanse without stripping the skin or one of those choking residues (if you know what I mean). The bottle is neat with the dispenser. The price is a tad steep for my liking but not too steep to keep me from loving this.

I have been using this product for years now, I don't think it is a miracle treatment at all but I have very combination skin and this is perfect, not over drying but gets rid of everything!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my new favorite cleanser.

For reference, I've got super dry and increasingly sensitive skin. I don't like to use lots of products; want to keep the aggravation down. I use this both to remove makeup and to cleanse skin. It checks all the boxes. It seems to have calmed my skin and, truly a bonus, doesn't dry me out. I think it both tissues or rinses off; I always rinse (I know, that's probably contributing to the dry sensation; it also contributes to the clean sensation) -- so, the bonus for me is that I can rinse and not feel dried out. I do use this to remove eye makeup, too -- tackles mascara easily. Love, love, love.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I switched to this product after years of loyalty to Effaclar Gel - but only because my skin changed from being outright oily to dry combination (read: dry cheeks with a somewhat oily t-zone) as a result of climate change. It does what is promises; gently cleanses your face without that uncomfortable tight feeling. The product has a very pleasant scent that reminds me of fresh bananas. For some reason the kind of fragrance used by French skincare brands never irritate my fairly sensitive skin.

Having said that, I have always been a fan of double cleansing - in other words, I take off my rigorous makeup with a micellar solution before proceeding to cleanse the remains and other nasty stuff accumulating on my face throughout the day. Therefore I cannot guarantee this cleanser will take off your makeup on its own, but if you use a separate cleanser for that or don't wear makeup at all, then La Roche-Posay Physiological Cleansing Gel may be perfect for you.

TL;DR: My new HG cleanser for my newly acquired combination skin with dry cheeks and oily t-zone. Cleanses well enough without stripping your face of its natural oils. May not be enough to remove makeup completely on its own.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My skin is super oily which is caused by it being dehydrated. It is also quite sensitive and new products (particularly those with a long list of ingredients) often give me those painful under the skin spots. I have been using this cleansing gel for around two months and have had no breakouts from it - it is alcohol free, fragrance free, soap free and paraben free. I had been using Clean & Clear deep cleansing cream for a couple of years and only recently found out that the alcohol in it was actually making my skin oilier as it would strip my skin and then my skin would go crazy and over compensate by producing bucket loads of oil! I use this after a make up wipe and Lancome Galateis Douceur cleanser and it cleans my skin brilliantly, removing all traces of my double wear light foundation.

I've knocked one mark off this because it can leave my skin feeling a little tight, although this is quickly remedied by my toner (Lancome Tonique Douceur) and my moisturiser (La Roche Posay Hydraphase Intense Legere).

At around 12 it's actually a good price considering the quality of it and the fact it's the best face wash style cleanser I've tried (from low end to high end). I will definitely repurchase this when I run out.