July 28, 2014 | 2244 users online

Concealers - Becca - Concealer compact

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by ChloeYoung

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got my shade in Praline.(I am NC15-20) which is an almost perfect match for covering red bumps and I don't use it for under eye concealing because the harder consistency may end up cakey. But for under eye the shade wild be a different one, better with a little peach undertone.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Lyra16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This reminded me of a stick concealer in a pot. Waxy weak coverage and it accentuated any texture of skin making my under eyes look horrid. I really wanted this to work for me and I have tried this out multiple times. No amount of moisturizing seemed to help. I have hereditary under eye circles- a muscle slightly protruding giving me pink, blue and purple discoloration. A rainbow of a bruise almost
I really was hopeful based on the reviews and blogs. This product did not layer well. This would not conceal OR look natural on my skin. I have come to conclusions that only liquid concealer works for my skin- if you are currently using a liquid concealer (yet still on the hunt for "the one") I suggest sticking with liquid concealers. Estee Lauder Double Wear is phenomenal. For a drugstore, Maybelline instant age rewind works almost as good. If cream concealers are what work for you, this might be what you are looking for

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by joyonicity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Okay, I finally found my HG concealer. In the past few years, I've gone through many popular high-end and drugstore concealers alike, including Dior, YSL, MAC, and Makeup Forever. My favorite one prior to this was the Diorskin Sculpt concealer, but for some reason I feel as though all concealers slide off my face after a couple hours. I have combo skin, but the oily areas aren't super oily.

This concealer comes in a small round compact complete with a little mirror, with heavy coverage on one side and medium on the other. This line has a ton of colors, so I was able to find one that matched fairly easily, and while I felt the concealer itself was a bit hard when I first opened it, it is easy to apply and blend, and has great coverage. When I'm lazy, I don't wear foundation under it and it still looks perfect. Love it!

The only weird thing I noticed is that I have to blend it EXTREMELY well or it will show up lighter in flash photos, but it looks like perfect skin in normal light. Not a big deal, they must have illuminator in it or something... but I thought it was strange.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by veritywhalen1

After searching and searching for the perfect concealer - both in terms of color and texture/coverage - I have finally found my ideal product. I've used MAC studio finish and select cover-up (NC20 in winter and NC30/35 when I'm tan - although my perfect everyday color is NC25) for years, although I continually find that the color offerings aren't truly right for my skin.

After custom blending the right color on one morning too many, I decided to splurge for BECCA's concealer - and I am very I glad I did! I like a concealer with pretty heavy coverage, to cover up dark circles and the occasional blemish. This concealer has just the right amount of coverage without looking at all cakey. Just warm a bit up with your finger in the pan, and on it goes, smooth as can be.

Color wise, you could not ask for a better selection. I use Tahini, which is a PERFECT match for my NC25 skin. if only MAC would actually make concealers in that color, I would be content, because the one downfall of BECCA's concealer is the price tag. You don't get much product (although like MAC studio fix, since you use so little, it lasts a while), but honestly, for the perfect color match and amazing coverage, I'm willing to pay.

The compact also has a little mirror in it, which makes it great for on the go emergency cover-up situations. All in all, it's a great product and completely worth the money - especially if you have a hard to match skin tone.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Concealers. The magical "cover-up" if you will. A potentially powerful product that can sweep away those dark circles with your fancy brush. Besides dark circles, concealers are held in high esteem for their ability to reverse acne damage, cover a zit, or play down the redness of skin.

Lancome's Effacernes was my HG waterproof concealer. But although it was moisturizing, and didn't budge, the color just wasn't matching my paleness and the darkness just wasn't eradicated. So I came back to BECCA. But in a new color believed to be a better match. Sherbet was a tad dark, so......

Enter Becca's duo concealer in the color "Parfait". Parfait is pretty light. It's the 4th one from the VERY lightest, I believe. And to view the product in the "pan," I felt the color or hue was spot-on. And today, for the first time, I put Mercier's Brightening Powder on top, and successfully created a reverse raccoon eyes of whiteness all around that SCREAMED "Concealer at Work."

I swear my bathroom's light or failure of lightness has its own agenda to *p_ss* me off. Because when I later get into the car and check my mirror....there's a slew of expletives that spout from my mouth in reference to my makeup!

Consequently, tomorrow I will apply my Laura Mercier translucent powder to set the concealer and then say a prayer. I really believe this will produce a natural look. Believe me, Brightening Powder should just be reserved for Halloween for that surreal look.

Seriously, BECCA has all colors in the spectrum in their Concealer to match up to anyone. However, there is no BECCA around here, so I had to order on-line, hoping this new color would be the right match.

The texture is indeed good for being budge-proof, especially for covering zits. However, with respect to dark circles under the eye area, the concealer should be warmed up next to the skin, so it can slightly melt into it and blend in. Make sure you've moisturized under the eye so the application of this product becomes easier.

Believe me, this product really does cover quite well. My nose's broken capillaries are wiped away with this stuff. The eye darkness is certainly at bay. And you can easily dab a bit on a zit, and make it disappear.

You get what you pay for. BECCA might be a tad high in cost, but in terms of quality, you get a mighty nice product that actually fulfills your expectations.

8 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by jacq1985

I really like this concealer, I've bought it in 2 different shades (torrone and meringue) they both are warm/neutral, and are really good at covering any redness. I don't use this concealer under my eyes because it emphasizes fine lines. The concealer doesn't have great staying power unfortunately, so I find myself reapplying consistently, but you can't beat the color match.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by lylalies

The color range, as it has been said, it's amazing. I'm sure everyone can find an exact match. The packaging is nice, sometimes is a little difficult to open, but it might be just me. It has a small mirror, wich I find very usefull. I mix both sides for covering up blemishes and redness and it works great. I don't use it as an eye concealer because I don't need it, so I can't comment on that. I use this instead of foundation and I've been loving the natural look. If you have trouble finding concealers or foundations that match your skintone I recommend you try Becca.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by misskittysmeow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have quite fair skin so getting a colour match can be a pain. So I LOVE this product.

Thick texture, can be made creamier with a brush on a warm hand. I usually dab a bit on my nose and chin, and then use a small blusher brush (like a mineral powder brush but one made for mineral powder blusher not foundation) to buff the concealer onto my face. This seems to give an even cover and works it onto the skin best - and it's what I do with my foundation rather than a typical foundation brush or fingers.

You won't be disappointed with the concealer, very durable and wears well whilst offering great coverage. Also good if your skin is a bit on the dry side like mine as it doesn't dry it out

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Eolo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I got curious about Becca products, I immediately went for their concealer, my first instinct made me want to try their tinted moisturizer, however right now I have fairly new tube of the new NARS Tinted Moisturizer and put that purchase on my to-get list.

First, I thought this was a similar product to Laura Mercier's Secret Camouflage when in fact half of the product has the consistency of Secret Camouflage and the other half is slightly creamier and not as dense (but not as creamy as the Laura Mercier Secret Concealer) in a small compact with a mirror.

First and foremost, the shade range is amazing, I thought my shade was Sherbet but upon application at the store, I found it to be too light and almost in a reverse panda kind of way. If you're interested in a Becca product, definitely try to get matched on the spot otherwise you might be risking a bad experience by not being properly matched. While I'll probably be a much lighter shade in their Tinted Moisturizer, the deep pink tone of Butterscotch (not evident on the compact) does wonders to neutralize my ghastly dark circles. Coverage wise, I have to mix both products to get the coverage I want, I work my brush in the creamier version and then add some of the more dense concealer for fuller coverage, I wouldn't recommend using just the dense concealer to cover dark circles regardless of pigmentation because it well crack no matter how prepped and moisturized the skin is, but if you mix both sides you will get get good coverage with a fairly decent lasting powder that doesn't cake or oxidize.

I do think that it is extremely expensive for a concealer, I have given my share of cash for high-end concealers such as La Prairie, La Mer and Clé de Peau, but I'm wondering how long is this one going to last considering it costs €42.

I am however, incredibly satisfied and want to try more of their skin products to see if they deliver as well as this foundation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by knicks

This is the only concealer that worked for me, I use honeycomb and for reference in Nars, I use barcelona and bobbi brown, I use warm natural. I have acne scarring and redness. I tried a lot of concealer and this stays put if you set it with power then setting spray. One technique that I use is to use a concealer brush that is as small as the pencil tip and dab it on the blemish or acne scar. Don't spread yet. Wait for a minute for the concealer to set then lightly feather out the concealer with a small fluffy blending brush. Then wait for another minute then set it with powder. With concealers that are think and pigmented, I think you have to let it stay on the skin since the heat of your skin with melt down the product. ( Think of taking out the cheese from the fridge and putting it inside the microwave )